Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Skunk Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 12:55 PM

Default SkHz 2013/2014

Hi!

At first I was a bit reluctant to share,but then I thought :"what the hay!"

A few weeks ago I planted twenty seeds of SkHz.All germinated (duh!) and grew into feasible subjects.I used one criteria and one criteria alone for the first "filter"...smell.

It has to smell skunky if it has the name Skunk!

I was lucky enough to get five out of twenty that are what I consider to be "potent".(as in you can't lie this shit got you high potent.)
Wether they're male or female...hmmm.only time can tell I guess.

Now that it's a good week or two since I've thrown a few out,I look at what remains and wish so to tighten the net...now size and profile have to be a part of the deal as well.There is one that is small and stiff,I'll indicate which one with the pics.(That one's gotta go.)
A good deal of them showed elegance and daintiness as far as how the leaves unfurl and how the serrations "stretch".I can tell,there is some high class shit in here (literally...it smells like eating hard candy in the doghouse!)

There were a few that had more of an indica, squat like habit.They didn't please me olfactorily or visually...they had to go.

I'll share with you a few pics!

The first step;

new friends;

growin' ;

Last edited by tapioca; 10-31-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:01 PM

What I consider to be a Hazier expression;

What I consider to be a Skunkier expression;

This is the more scrawny-like plant I was talking about.I don't know if it's anything to me or not.This run,I wanna go clone style...last time I grew a seed plant in this thingamajig I was a bit disappointed.

thanks for peeking
Old 10-31-2013, 08:25 PM

beautiful plants Tapi !

I will be watching this thread if these are anything like the cbd sk/hz you will love the smell and resin ! good luck with your grow
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 AM

Best of luck with these Tapi! I am looking forward to seeing these reach for the sky!
Old 11-01-2013, 01:24 PM

its a shame you ditched a bunch of plants before you even saw them flower.
sometimes they will surprise you.

what if you had all the quality of the haze in a faster, skunk heavy, more indica leaning plant?
That's what many people make the hybrids for.

But I like the sativas and your choices wont hurt you. you will definitely see the hazier side of things selecting as you did.

Good luck with the rest of the grow, I have a pack of these too and its up there on my list.
looking forward to seeing more of them.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Good luck with your grow tapi!

Personally I am coming around to HairyKushna's way of thinking. One plant from my dreamtime grow (DT3) didn't impress me at all througout the grow, it didn't impress me at harvest time, but now it's been in a jar a few months, I'm not sharing any of it'! Really nice smoke, flavour is amazing but definitely for bedtime.
Good luck with the skunk/haze, I don't think you can go wrong with these genetics.

Dreamtime 2013
Grail Widow Test
My First Scrog
Old 11-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Hiyall!

I'm glad to see you guys popped in

@ Mega;
Thank you friend.I think you know how much your encouragement means to me

@ HairyKushna;
Thank you for the sage advice.I have no kind of snappy rhetorical;I'm sincere...any kind of advice or criticism will help build me a better garden (and life!!!).Next time around, I'll try to be a bit more diligent in how I handle these sorts of things.I guess you're right...maybe I threw out the golden ticket?...hehe.
Peace.

@arpege;
Thanks!
If they can only grow half as fast and half as good as your MM and MH plants,I'll be a happy camper.

@Barnflowers;
much appreciation for the kind comment
I'm glad to hear the dreamtime is something good!
You are right about these seeds...they are a gift (well,I paid for them,but you know what I mean !!!)

Peace all...thanks for all the kindness!!!
Hope you guys are happy,have love in your lives and make others happy too.

Laeter
Old 11-01-2013, 08:35 PM

Hi tapioca,

I got a pack of these a while ago, only popped one so far just to see what was in store. I was going to try it outdoors but I realized it probably wouldn’t finish so I black boxed it. It was a small plant in a small pot, didn’t yield a lot but it was good smoke.

I just wanted to tell you every time I took the box off, phew the thing reeked…skunk city. I would say that one was on the skunky side. Good luck with yours.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
Hi tapioca,

I got a pack of these a while ago, only popped one so far just to see what was in store. I was going to try it outdoors but I realized it probably wouldn’t finish so I black boxed it. It was a small plant in a small pot, didn’t yield a lot but it was good smoke.

I just wanted to tell you every time I took the box off, phew the thing reeked…skunk city. I would say that one was on the skunky side. Good luck with yours.
Hi Betterhaff;
I'm glad to hear that the SkHz plant gave you a good impression.I know how much you like the plant (and most plants in general BH!)

Thanks for the encouragement.I just spotted my first female and I culled another one (due to profile/size).

I hope you had a good summer (you know,other than working at the garden and stuff.)

Much barbeques and friends and family and stuff

See ya 'round Better
Old 11-13-2013, 09:07 PM

Hi!

Just thought I'd share a pic of my special gal.Don't ask me why…but I feel that she is very much She.
I like to bring her out for some sun

Some little shark sprites

thanks !!!