Another Greenhouse cop out

matthewriot

So, all of you fellas who thought Arjan was just growing out 2nd generation copies of Shanti's stock out of closets - think again! If only that were still true at least you would still have some genetics from the original, allbeit, done by an unprofessional jerk. However after the last major Cannabis Expo in Europe, Arjan has now gone the way of other large seedbanks and retailers like Sensi seeds and has begun purchasing his seeds en masse from Spanish breeders. Now if it was just being produced there, the original strains that is, I'd say smart move, right? Well, that's not the case. He is purchasing Northern Lights crosses, slapping his labels of "white Widow' "trainwreck' "ChemDawg" on them and selling them for outrageous inflated prices to the public!

Now this bait and switch method is nothing new. This has been done for years by smaller seed companies, but mostly when they were out of stock, and also perfected by seedbanks out there that are just selling bagseed with old names, however Arjan has taken this to new measures, and by doing so is legitimately screwing up the established lines out there for future breeders around the world. We will no longer know what we have unless it was received before a certain point or unless purchased from places like Mr. Nice. Now this could all be hearsay, except I am sad to say I am very very close friends with the Spanish part of this operation. He is a wonderful guy, and is genuinely searching out the correct strains so there is no switch, however he is not the only one working for Greenhouse in this manner. And if any one of the seed suppliers (i darenot say breeders") share Arjan's morale compass, then the future of breeding, is... fucked.

Some first post!

Hey mate,
how are you?
Just noticed your post and felt I had to comment. For a new member, that's some first post you've put up, no hello in the introduce yourself section, straight for Arjan's jugular, no messing about.
But most people on the MNS forums know what the real story with greenhouse is and don't really care what they get up to these days, we've better things to be doing, like growing MNS strains.

I'm not trying to have a go at you, but the vibe over here seems to be alot more positive than that sort of post, and the Arjan thing is dead and buried now,just my opinion though.

Peace GG

P.s You sure you ain't a member here already, just using a different account for this post so you don't get in trouble? because your writing style is really similar to another member.
Just a thought, I could be well of the mark and if I am, sorry and enjoy the forums.

GG, Mat,

How are you guys?

GG - I don't quite agree...I'm well up for a bit of Arjan bashing. I never get bored of it..

Mat - nice post, mate. Keep it up. Let's expose that marketeer for what he really is. The more posts made, the more people who will read them, the less people will buy GH seeds.

As for the future being fucked..I don't think so. I would say that 90% of seeds sold by GH are never planted anyway. Those seeds are just tourist memorabilia - not really meant for growing.
The way to avoid letting Arjan fuck things up is by not buying his seeds.

The thing with Arjan is that he is a product of his environment. Having spent a lot of time in Holland (even living there for a short while) I have noticed that there is a certain Dutch business etiquette whereby

'if it's legal and you can get away with it then it's morally fine. Anybody stupid enough to get hurt by it deserves to anyway...'

It runs with things like selling cheap sandwiches for 10 euros, overcharging with rent, most of the Sex industry (but not all), appalling quality food (FEBO), waiting hours for service, sieving the resin off buds before selling them, grassing up partners and stealing their equipment and plants, 14 Euros a gram for shit weed, The Cannabis Cup and, of course, The Great Seed Rip Off (a la Arjan and friends.)

I like the Dutch but I think that they are ruthless in business (and romance, for that matter). Arjan is up there with the best in Dutch businessmen. He is out to make money, not to supply you with the best cannabis genetics. Fuck him.

Rant over. Think it's time for my medication!! (and we all know what that is..) :eek:

GS

Last edited:
GG, Mat,

How are you guys?

GG - I don't quite agree...I'm well up for a bit of Arjan bashing. I never get bored of it..

PMSL must say I love seeing the excuses they have know argument lol.

on i see mag DG has done a great job with what he has had too work with!. But he has said this is his best grow and dialed in untill now "i could quote" I wanto see if he edits now I have posted this?. lol

So one grow dont make a pro like he makes out.

I would love to see what he could do with some F1'S, like the shows some of our members have put on.

I think some of them should swallow there pride, and walk towards the light?.

#

Spanish seed

This seems very interesting as I`ve read stories about pollen from Morocco crossing the Straits to southern Spain dating back almost 20 years .
This site http://www.tiosemillas.com [which is down for maintenance right now] had an interesting article about the Spanish seed industry, and supplying the Dutch companies .
Thanks for sharing.
Elmer Bud

Back