Neville's Haze Grow

Put ten MNS-NH seeds into two windowbox sized pots loosely covered by a 2' x 4' acrylic light defuser. Organic humus/potting mix, perlite and peat moss. The boxes are outdoors for a while to take advantage of the hot weather we've been experiencing. Probably will not have much activity here for a little bit (no news is good news). I'll post when I see some sprouting.

Shov

Last edited:
I'm gonna follow this very closely...Neville's Haze seems like a monstrous undertaking to me, but the rewards seem equal to the task.
Good luck...and don't let this grow log peter out, I want to see it until the end!

well, I've been putting up my grow logs (on a couple of other sites) for a few years now and I promise you that I will put up some pics and information as things pick up. The months of vegitation growth is not very exciting. I would have gone to 12-12 pretty much right off the bat, or after a week or two, with these NH but instead I'm letting these catch the natural light for a month or so until it gets too cool to allow good growth. I'll move them indoors under 400W MH and T-5HO florescents and 12-12 when it gets cool. But, I'll go right out and cop a pic for ya, Bub. see ya in a min.

Week Two

OK, pics of the grow. Seedlings are just a little over a week out of the ground. Probably update once a week or more until things get more interesting. I do have other outdoor plants heading for harvest this Autumn and I'll definetly post some pics in that thread. ( think I have a thread of that going here)

Have a good one, folks!

attachment.php

attachment.php
]

I'll transplant into some pails very soon too.

Attachments

• 100_4023.JPG
    100_4023.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 687
  • 100_4024.JPG
    100_4024.JPG
    652.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Inspite of spraying with organic insect soap the plants were getting nibbled so I put them in a window of the shed, again using the acrylic to hide them. Actually, they are still healthy. They were at 5-6 nodes and I trimmed each back to 3-4.

Crop plants stolen!

Lost my breeding project and crop. Rippers, may your livers ROT!

So, I decided to bring the NH seedlings indoors (about five weeks old now) and start a couple more seeds to fill in the space. I just planted a few Z11, which is an afghani type indica that is almost identical to the bubblegum strain we have here. Real nice stuff, my breeding project was BG male to the Z10 females. The other seeds are G13 x NCDG.

I have them all under 400W MH Sunmaster 10K lamp. The really should be into 12-12 now but I want to wait until the other seeds pop. The NH is very tollerable of a short/no veg period, yes/ I just hope the other strains don't mind. I'm just throwing them in to take up space if and when the NH show sex and I pitch out the males.

I'm growing in soil that I put together a few months ago. I'll mix this soil 33%with 33% Perlite and 33% peat moss-vermiculite-lime.

Seven Neville's Haze at seven weeks. Still 18 hours of MH light.

attachment.php

Z11 in the back, G13 x NCDG in front...three weeks old.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NH .JPG
    NH .JPG
    155 KB · Views: 613
  • Z back NCDG front.JPG
    Z back NCDG front.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 600
Transplanting

The NH are at 8 weeks veg and the others at 4 weeks. I put the NH in 3.5 gal and the Z11 and G13 x NCDG into 1.5 - 2 gallon pails. I will transplant some of these into larger pails when they show sex (and I have more room). It is now a solid 2' x 4'+ footprint. I'll probably go back to MH 400W until I decided to flip them. I soaked them in really good and I'll give them a good feeding next watering. I have to clean up quite a mess of soil and additives when it dries up a little. I'll post some pics in a few days.

Shov

Neville's Haze

Eight weeks veg. Was cropped at the third node. Trimmed bottom node and FIMed and LST the two apial branches.

100_4203.jpg

100_4204.jpg

100_4205.jpg

100_4206.jpg

100_4207.jpg

100_4208.jpg

100_4209.jpg

Shov

Hi Shovelhandle

Good looking plants you got there. All look healthy and green. Wish you good luck with them and looking forward to the next updates.

thank you.
I hope to do a good job with the nh and have the others to fill in the blanks. All four of the Z11 are females all the rest of the plants are yet to be sexed. I should start looking, huh? :eek:
I honestly haven't taken a close enough look at any of them yet. Eyesight isn't the best so it takes a 'hard' look to see things sometimes.

Shov

Change back to MH

As the plants grow and take up a bigger footprint I decided to go back to the 400W MH. The ambient temp is around 72-74º so the canopy temp can be kept under 84º with one fan. When I change to blossom time I'll have to use the T-5s for side lighting, at least until some males thin out the plot. Today I also gave them nutes and a foliar feed.

Shov

Week Nine/Five

NH nine weeks old, G13 x NCDG and Z11 five weeks.

The five week old plants, I just;
Trimmed bottom two branches and leaves
FIMed the tops
Replanted into 3 gallon bags
Watered in with nute solution

All the plants;
Added 4' x 4 lamp T5 flowering spectrum, still using MH at 18/6 hours.

Z11, before trim and FIM

attachment.php

After...Before transplant

attachment.php

G13 x NCDG...Before transplant and crop.

attachment.php

All together after transplant

attachment.php

Attachments

• Z11 before.JPG
    Z11 before.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Z11 after.JPG
    Z11 after.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 205
  • G13 x NCDG.JPG
    G13 x NCDG.JPG