Mr.Nice seeds packs, 15 or 18 seeds ?

Zer0

Hi there, ;)

I have a little question.

Why some seed sellers sell the Mr.Nice seedpacks with 15 seeds and others whit 18 seeds ?

Do some sellers open packs or it's the MNS seedbank that changed the amount of seeds per pack ?

Hi,

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure MNS weight the seeds, the auction packs seem to come with between 15 seeds to 20 something seeds a pack.

It wouldn't shock me to find out seedbanks were opening packs and taking a few out to make up more packs.

They advertise as 15 per pack but always come with 18+ seeds. I figure it's kind of like overweighing a bag of weed, the customer never complains. :D

Unless something has changed you will get at least 18 per pack. At least I have never gotten less and the most was 24 that I counted in a pack. Of course they do have some packs in dispensaries in the USA that only come with 10 seeds I believe it was.

yeah, iirc the policy was they price it at 15 / guarantee 15 seeds per pack, but typically throw in a few extra seeds because they try to do business right. Most of my packs have been between 18 and 20, but theres been at least one with 17. The intended goal is to give you the 15 plants you expected, so the extra seeds offset failed germs etc

different seedbanks list this how they want

Hi,

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure MNS weight the seeds, the auction packs seem to come with between 15 seeds to 20 something seeds a pack.

It wouldn't shock me to find out seedbanks were opening packs and taking a few out to make up more packs.

This is incorrect.

yeah, iirc the policy was they price it at 15 / guarantee 15 seeds per pack, but typically throw in a few extra seeds because they try to do business right. Most of my packs have been between 18 and 20, but theres been at least one with 17. The intended goal is to give you the 15 plants you expected, so the extra seeds offset failed germs etc

different seedbanks list this how they want

This is exactly correct.

we put more than 15, in case a few get broken on the way etc...

Somethings when we are low of stock, specifically for exclusive limited edition strains we only put 15.

But, in most case its over 15 (18), with 15 being the minimum

Aloha!

Cheap seeds do not necessarily equate to poor quality. Inexpensive seeds purchased from the MNS auction often give >90% germination. The extra seeds included are Easter eggs!

Shaka
Mu

I've had maybe 30 packs from Mr Nice in the last ten years. All ways gotten exactly 18, they came from a seedbank not the auction site. Everyone sprouted in a folded wet face washer . I have never had a single one not germinate. I have had the odd seed from other breeders not germinate, but they were always very hard shells . Probably caused by excessive nutrients in production. Probably could have gotten them going,but did not bother. Unlike a lot of other breeders the mr nice seeds have been a near 50 50 ratio of male to female, which from experience tells me is stable reliable breeding. Also mr nice gear has always been consistently uniform in health and vigor compared to 99 percent of other breeders seeds. I can count on one hand the few others that match in regards to quality and consistency and uniformity. There are some good genetics coming from USA, Canada ,etc. But I would mostly put that down to random pollination of good quality cuttings, rather than good breeding practices, there being a few exceptions.

Back