Hemphrey Bogart
Topheavy 420
Afghan hound
Cheesehunter
519organics

all the best Sb

Last edited:
So I was selected for these.
Still some time ahead before this starts for me but since we are here today, a question to the forum:
I have space to pop a bit more than the 20 testers.
What strain should I run parallel to the G13xAfghanHaze?

Any suggestions are welcome, I have most MRN strains in my vault.

Was thinking Skunk for my next round before I was selected. Could still go skunk parallel to the testers but they would finish weeks apart most likely.

Was thinking maybe the old G13xSkunk or G13xWidow.

Thoughts?

You guys going to run the testers alone or will you have companions from another strain as well?

Stay frosty Bros

Morning

How do mr bro

Well if you’re thinking of starting some skunk I would vote for nordle
Iv just done a run of shit and although it was a v strong skunk the smell and taste was a bit turd like
Where’s nordle is just fine herb
Saying that I was going to do a run of devil before this opportunity came up

Be good

I'm dedicating my whole 5x5 tent to the test grow. I do have some g13 related stuff I'll compare at the end smoke test but I think it would be unfair if the testers didn't receive full attn here in the tester thread.

Being a haze hybrid, even tho a small percentage one is really gonna set them apart from other varieties that are not and again I think would be unfair to the testers.

That's my two cents, Sb might feel differently but being a pictorial thread of this single variety I'd steer away from too much comparison until the end.

Cheers bro,
T

PS- A comp to the existing g13 mr nice lines I think would be helpful to all.

Last edited:
While I don't know the code for the afghan/haze line I'm really curious as to how the maple leaf combines with the g13. There could be some serious wide leaf throw backs in these bunches of seed. Some crazy flower structure too I imagine on the haze influenced specimens. I'm expecting quite a show.

So I was selected for these.
Still some time ahead before this starts for me but since we are here today, a question to the forum:
I have space to pop a bit more than the 20 testers.
What strain should I run parallel to the G13xAfghanHaze?

Any suggestions are welcome, I have most MRN strains in my vault.

Was thinking Skunk for my next round before I was selected. Could still go skunk parallel to the testers but they would finish weeks apart most likely.

Was thinking maybe the old G13xSkunk or G13xWidow.

Thoughts?

You guys going to run the testers alone or will you have companions from another strain as well?

Stay frosty Bros

Same conundrum here. Thought about asking Shanti if I could do a concurrent G13/AfgHz grow alongside the G13/AfgSk grow. Got a bunch of MH IBL in the cue and wanting to cycle some MM as well. Then thought about germinating some NL5/Afg or Ortega for crosses.
Sat down to some Kaze last night and decided that it is best to KISS. Remembered growing 9 strains at the same time once, and with different timing, food/water requirements and hermies from Ace, CannaB, and one errant Angel’s Breath, it became a real cluster.
It became clear after several minutes and pulls on the Kaze that I need to take off my pig hat and put on my scientist hat. Figuring I’ll get 10-12 fems out of 20 seeds, so will probably put them in 10-15 gal containers and veg em real good. I should have my hands full with that. My attention needs to be focused on the task at hand- the G13/AfgSk test. It’s the least I can do to repay Shanti for all of his past kindnesses. I hope to do him justice with my grow. My 2 cents.

Shaka
M

Last edited:
Excited like a riot.......nice

I cant get mine going for a couple months...kinda sucks! Might be able to squeeze in these babies in another spot....hope to get it in tbere. Would be great to do my tangies and have a side by side comparison....cant wait guys.....

Going to read the afghan haze thread... then some of the g13 cross threads.

What can be expected with the g13 in general? Or this cross?

Thanks guys

Shanti i wont let ya down brother!!! You have been an integral role in tne breeding of our meds. I thank and salute you.....

I have not flowered any G13 crosses so far.

Have vegged 5 G13xSkunk before but they all turned out male.

From veg I could say they were very skunk like with wider/fatter leafs. Stem rub was very interesting, among the 5 were quite a few interesting smells.

I would expect a strong Indica influence from the G13 side, meaning stocky and bushy phenos with wide leafs. Curious to see how much the Haze influence will shine through.

Could be something at the level of SSH/Jack Herrer if you ask me. The genetic makeup does sound exciting.

Most exciting for me will be to see the parallels between the different testers i.e. in what ways the G13 will shine through in the crosses.

They came!

Ill post pics of vial this weekend....

Will start them in 1.5 months...got other things going atm...those will take 2.5 to finish...damn sats! Oh well.

Good luck folks

I'm pumped to start these, and honoured to have been picked as a tester, are we to post all updates to this thread, or are we all doing a separate test thread?

I understood it as all updates in this thread.

To that extent:
I would probably in my case complete the grow and post the full report, instead of posting in increments.
This way we have an easy way to distinguish between the findings of the various members.

But that is just how I would do it, I think Shanti is not in the business on setting up too many rules and restrictions so I am pretty sure you can also do your report in its own thread but would assume it is expected that you also post at least a summary or your main findings in this thread for comparison.

Good morning braddahs!

I copied and pasted Shanti’s wishes here:
“So if you see your name up in this post then please come to private messages(pm) and give me an address to send things to you. Once you confirm it is with you, and post a picture of the starting straw of test seeds, on the thread i will set up for each of these 4 hybrids...then the games begin. Of course if you need to wait to slot in the grow ...then you proceed once germination begins.
Then you are asked to add a photo weekly of things generally until flowering is well into week 4...and hopefully we will get some more individual photos of the girls in the grow...but it will be an open and easy test grow...just add love and water...seed should do the rest.”

There are 4 different g-13 categories started by Shanti that are listed under the “strains” heading. Scroll down til you see it. Make sure to enter your test data under the appropriate one. Easy peazy and good luck!

Aloha
M

Last edited:
Good morning braddahs!

I copied and pasted Shanti’s wishes here:
“So if you see your name up in this post then please come to private messages(pm) and give me an address to send things to you. Once you confirm it is with you, and post a picture of the starting straw of test seeds, on the thread i will set up for each of these 4 hybrids...then the games begin. Of course if you need to wait to slot in the grow ...then you proceed once germination begins.
Then you are asked to add a photo weekly of things generally until flowering is well into week 4...and hopefully we will get some more individual photos of the girls in the grow...but it will be an open and easy test grow...just add love and water...seed should do the rest.”

There are 4 different g-13 categories started by Shanti that are listed under the “strains” heading. Scroll down til you see it. Make sure to enter your test data under the appropriate one. Easy peazy and good luck!

Aloha
M

Perfect thanks for clearing that up!

Hey Bro how they comin along so far? I will be interested in the flavors here. AH is good stuff. Took me a coupla grows to appreciate it. The yields were decent and flavors excellent. I grew it alongside NL5/Hz and had to work out my biases to appreciate the AH as the NL5/Hz was well, spectacular. BUT the AH had some truly sublime flavors... I am excited to see what you come up with. Good luck all

Aloha
M

Hey Bro how they comin along so far? I will be interested in the flavors here. AH is good stuff. Took me a coupla grows to appreciate it. The yields were decent and flavors excellent. I grew it alongside NL5/Hz and had to work out my biases to appreciate the AH as the NL5/Hz was well, spectacular. BUT the AH had some truly sublime flavors... I am excited to see what you come up with. Good luck all

Aloha

M

How did the afghan haze stretch, I know G13 can already be a stretchy plant so was curious so I can plan my flip accordingly

How did the afghan haze stretch, I know G13 can already be a stretchy plant so was curious so I can plan my flip accordingly

Many factors influence. My observation was based on 1000w, 3-5 gal, 12/12 @ 18”. 70 days out plants went 3x- 6-7+”. Prepare to reroute the conduit haha.
I will be interested in how this new cross you are testing will yield. It just sounds like a great marriage to me.

Shaka
M

Many factors influence. My observation was based on 1000w, 3-5 gal, 12/12 @ 18”. 70 days out plants went 3x- 6-7+”. Prepare to reroute the conduit haha.
I will be interested in how this new cross you are testing will yield. It just sounds like a great marriage to me.

Shaka
M

I'm really excited as I love both afghanI lines and haze I'm a little worried about height but I'll probably just top and tie my way to a relatively squat canopy

I'm still waiting on the beans.

But more than that, waiting for my soil components to arrive so I can mix up a fresh batch.

About two weeks after that, I will plant the seeds, so when they are out and about and ready to be transplanted, the soil mix had 3 or more weeks to cook.

Here is to your upcoming homerun braddah! Got a feeling you gonna be a winner this go round.

Aloha nui
M

Back