growing outdoor at low temperatures(15ish)

proger

hello guys, ive been moved the a colder area in the patagonia, great summer season, but somewhere in the start of the winter it can get to 12-15 celsius sometimes...

will it be ok? is there any strains that are more cold resistant?

any advises on how to fight cold weather? thanks for the helpers

hello guys, ive been moved the a colder area in the patagonia, great summer season, but somewhere in the start of the winter it can get to 12-15 celsius sometimes...

will it be ok? is there any strains that are more cold resistant?

any advises on how to fight cold weather? thanks for the helpers

G `day P

I`m at 20 + deg sth in Oz .
Brick or block walls retain heat and don`t get as cold at night . Putting plants next to them helps .
Raise the plants on blocks so they don`t sit on cold ground .
Morning sun gets metabolism started . Earlier the sunlight the earlier the plants switch back on .

I like the July / Aug / Sept window . 12/ 12 late Sept at the equinox .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

G `day P

I`m at 20 + deg sth in Oz .
Brick or block walls retain heat and don`t get as cold at night . Putting plants next to them helps .
Raise the plants on blocks so they don`t sit on cold ground .
Morning sun gets metabolism started . Earlier the sunlight the earlier the plants switch back on .

I like the July / Aug / Sept window . 12/ 12 late Sept at the equinox .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

thanks but i think you refer to indoor

no, hes talking about outdoor, but maybe in pots not in the ground.
obviously you cant put plants up on blocks if they are in the ground.

another trick is bottles filled with water. surround the plant with them.
they absorb heat during the day and can help keep the frost away.

thanks but i think you refer to indoor

G `day P

No bro that was years of out door knowledge condensed .

More often people grow in pots at home . In the ground is more often in the wilds .

Morning sun indoors ?

For veg if you can supplement the light at sunrise and sun set you can lengthen veg time in shorter winter days . Solar garden lights are good for this .

I suggested pots because they can be warmed by the sun . If the ground is cold it will stay cold for months .

More cal mag during cold weather .

I am also in the sthn hemisphere we have summer and winter at the same times as you . Also day length is relative .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:
Generally below 60 deg. F plant metabolism stops and they go dormant. That is common at night here. Above 60 F and they respire, and above 68 F the sugars flow freely. So ideally you want to get above 68 F at some point in the day if you want good plant growth. Above 90 F and Cannabis plants will stretch on you. Not a bad thing, they will just get taller with longer internodes. Manageable outdoors, but not desirable indoors under lights.

For comparison temps:

60 F = ~15 C
68 F = 20 C
90 F = ~32 C

Generally below 60 deg. F plant metabolism stops and they go dormant. That is common at night here. Above 60 F and they respire, and above 68 F the sugars flow freely. So ideally you want to get above 68 F at some point in the day if you want good plant growth. Above 90 F and Cannabis plants will stretch on you. Not a bad thing, they will just get taller with longer internodes. Manageable outdoors, but not desirable indoors under lights.

For comparison temps:

60 F = ~15 C
68 F = 20 C
90 F = ~32 C

G `day BS

How about seeds from places where it gets cold at night ?
Nepal , Nth India , Turkey ,Yunnan , Afghanistan etc ?

That`s what I would recommend for Patagonia .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

G `day BS

How about seeds from places where it gets cold at night ?
Nepal , Nth India , Turkey ,Yunnan , Afghanistan etc ?

That`s what I would recommend for Patagonia .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
i was thinking about mr.nice for the grow, any good strain for those lower temps?

Back