Why do you smoke marijuana?

tkadm30

The social neuroscience of marijuana smoking is poorly understood. I smoke ganja for emancipating from social stress. I think cannabis smoking does not impair social relationships, but activate a more adaptive behavior to social stress. The management of stress and psychological oppression by medical marijuana is controversial: I advocate for the positive effects of cannabis on cognive flexibility and psychological resistance to social stress.

Peace

tkadm30

Fibromylgia - pot relieves some pain plus slows me down enough so I can concentrate on just one thing at a time.

I am a product of Central Coastal California scene in the 1960s. I started smoking weed in the 1970s because... well, everyone smoked weed there then. And pretty much everyone also smoked cigarettes in those days, as I also did. Winstons. They taste good like a cigarette should! My head is still filled with advertising jingles from the 1960s. I am also a product of TV ads.

My first time getting high was after work as a busboy at a private club when I was 15. The dishwasher had some Oaxacan. We did not have a pipe or any papers, so we went into the walk in and found an apple. We cut holes in the apple to make a pipe, and used a piece of screen from a broken window out by the dumpster and it worked rather well. There was a common misconception in those days that you did not get high the first time you smoked weed. Well, I got high the first time I smoked weed. Good and Oaxacan high. I was happily trashed. We went back inside rather stoned and watched the live band perform for the wedding reception that we had worked at that afternoon, and the bartender slipped us some screwdrivers that he had left over from the open bar. We danced and hooked up with some girls. We had a good time.

That same night I was quite happy with getting high on grass, so I placed my first order for some of that same weed. It was $10 for a lid. A lid then was a baggie of weed that may or may not have weighed an ounce. From that point I stayed stoned pretty much non stop for the next 10 years. I loved weed and still love weed. My brother also smoked weed and we got high all the time and all over the place with a lot of our friends. It was a social thing. We smoked at parties. We smoked outside of bars. We smoked at the house. We smoked in our apartments. We smoked at concerts In Berkeley, we smoked on Telegraph Ave and in restaurants there. We smoked at concerts. I used to smoke in my car at school (open campus). My brother's roommate called me the "Medicine Man" because I always carried a bag that my brother had made with an assortment of hashish and marijuana in it. I like variety in my weed. I still have 15 or so strains to choose from here at any given time, over half of which I grew myself. GDP, White Widow, Blue Dream, Durban Poison, OT2, Super Silver Haze... yadda yadda.

Anyway, flash forward (*cough*) many years into the future and I still get high just to get high at times, but it is more medicinal now. I smoke a lot of high CBD weed during the day to deal with the pain of aging, and keep calm, and to (supposedly) tighten up my leaky gut. I also smoke GDP if I cannot sleep at night, and Durban in the morning if I am still groggy. Durban gets me going! Speed weed! The weed strain that I smoke depends on my mood and how I feel, and what I am doing. Oh yes, and weed is legal here now in Oregon, and in California, and in Washington, and in Nevada, and in Alaska. Pretty much anywhere I go in the west now and everywhere that I have lived weed is legal now. I would have never thought that weed would be legal in my lifetime or that I could grow it legally here at my house. In the 70s while is was virtually decriminalized in California, it was still not legal and there was an outlaw camaraderie to it. Go to a bar and meet a friend that you know get high, and the next thing you are at a party with friends, or on the beach someplace, or whatever. That changed when "Vitamin C" and booze became more prevalent in the late 70s with the advent of disco. But I stayed with the weed. I did harder drugs on and off for several years there in the early 80's, but they never satisfied me like the evil weed did. I quit smoking cigarettes in the 80's. I quit drinking coffee in the 90's. I even quit smoking weed for a decade in the mid 90s. In the end I drink beer and vodka, and I smoke weed. Far better than the opioid pain killers that my doctor prescribes me, and better than taking NSAIDs that rag my guts out.

But the bottom line as to why I smoke weed? Because I fucking love it, man! For whatever physiological or psychological or behavioral or social reason. I like getting high. Of late I also like using it for more medicinal purposes. And as I have suspected for several decades there is far more to weed that they have given it credit for. There are over 140 cannabinoids, and upward of a thousand terpenoids. That they have found so far. They all have affects on our endocrine systems and resulting behavior, mood, well being, homeostasis, pain, attention, sleep, and of late they have been found to have strong anti inflammatory and strong anti cancer action. Now, if this is not a miracle drug, I do not know what is. And, I like getting high. And its legal here now. And I am a product of the 60s. And the 70s. And did I mention that I like getting high?

Last edited:
I am a product of Central Coastal California scene in the 1960s. I started smoking weed in the 1970s because... well, everyone smoked weed there then. And pretty much everyone also smoked cigarettes in those days, as I also did. Winstons. They taste good like a cigarette should! My head is still filled with advertising jingles from the 1960s. I am also a product of TV ads.

My first time getting high was after work as a busboy at a private club when I was 15. The dishwasher had some Oaxacan. We did not have a pipe or any papers, so we went into the walk in and found an apple. We cut holes in the apple to make a pipe, and used a piece of screen from a broken window out by the dumpster and it worked rather well. There was a common misconception in those days that you did not get high the first time you smoked weed. Well, I got high the first time I smoked weed. Good and Oaxacan high. I was happily trashed. We went back inside rather stoned and watched the live band perform for the wedding reception that we had worked at that afternoon, and the bartender slipped us some screwdrivers that he had left over from the open bar. We danced and hooked up with some girls. We had a good time.

That same night I was quite happy with getting high on grass, so I placed my first order for some of that same weed. It was $10 for a lid. A lid then was a baggie of weed that may or may not have weighed an ounce. From that point I stayed stoned pretty much non stop for the next 10 years. I loved weed and still love weed. My brother also smoked weed and we got high all the time and all over the place with a lot of our friends. It was a social thing. We smoked at parties. We smoked outside of bars. We smoked at the house. We smoked in our apartments. We smoked at concerts In Berkeley, we smoked on Telegraph Ave and in restaurants there. We smoked at concerts. I used to smoke in my car at school (open campus). My brother's roommate called me the "Medicine Man" because I always carried a bag that my brother had made with an assortment of hashish and marijuana in it. I like variety in my weed. I still have 15 or so strains to choose from here at any given time, over half of which I grew myself. GDP, White Widow, Blue Dream, Durban Poison, OT2, Super Silver Haze... yadda yadda.

Anyway, flash forward (*cough*) many years into the future and I still get high just to get high at times, but it is more medicinal now. I smoke a lot of high CBD weed during the day to deal with the pain of aging, and keep calm, and to (supposedly) tighten up my leaky gut. I also smoke GDP if I cannot sleep at night, and Durban in the morning if I am still groggy. Durban gets me going! Speed weed! The weed strain that I smoke depends on my mood and how I feel, and what I am doing. Oh yes, and weed is legal here now in Oregon, and in California, and in Washington, and in Nevada, and in Alaska. Pretty much anywhere I go in the west now and everywhere that I have lived weed is legal now. I would have never thought that weed would be legal in my lifetime or that I could grow it legally here at my house. In the 70s while is was virtually decriminalized in California, it was still not legal and there was an outlaw camaraderie to it. Go to a bar and meet a friend that you know get high, and the next thing you are at a party with friends, or on the beach someplace, or whatever. That changed when "Vitamin C" and booze became more prevalent in the late 70s with the advent of disco. But I stayed with the weed. I did harder drugs on and off for several years there in the early 80's, but they never satisfied me like the evil weed did. I quit smoking cigarettes in the 80's. I quit drinking coffee in the 90's. I even quit smoking weed for a decade in the mid 90s. In the end I drink beer and vodka, and I smoke weed. Far better than the opioid pain killers that my doctor prescribes me, and better than taking NSAIDs that rag my guts out.

But the bottom line as to why I smoke weed? Because I fucking love it, man! For whatever physiological or psychological or behavioral or social reason. I like getting high. Of late I also like using it for more medicinal purposes. And as I have suspected for several decades there is far more to weed that they have given it credit for. There are over 140 cannabinoids, and upward of a thousand terpenoids. That they have found so far. They all have affects on our endocrine systems and resulting behavior, mood, well being, homeostasis, pain, attention, sleep, and of late they have been found to have strong anti inflammatory and strong anti cancer action. Now, if this is not a miracle drug, I do not know what is. And, I like getting high. And its legal here now. And I am a product of the 60s. And the 70s. And did I mention that I like getting high?

Thanks for sharing, Big Sur! :)

I like getting blazed at 4:20 AM with coffee to experience high lucidity and enhanced cognitive functions. The properties and effects of marijuana also makes me happy. I think delta9-THC is a wonderful molecule since the discovery of endocannabinoids. I love also tripping on anandamide when I smoke marijuana!

Peace

tkadm30

Why!?

why not!?!?

Nah, I smoke for pain management and to alleviate many other stresses.

I also love everything about the process: Open the jar, take a wiff. Smile. Choose a nug, not too big now. Ah, that's it! Smile again. Break the beautiful flower into pieces and grind up. Smile again as the fresh ground bud sings a rich song describing it's terp content... Now, pinch into my favorite Dead pipe and examine once more. Moving on, fire! Inhale. Hold it. Savor the flavors as I exhale and become a more patient and understanding being... Damn, it smells awesome in here now! What!?! Mom's coming over? Shit!! Light the incense and finish that bowl!!!!

:)

Stay Hazed
Jake

Last edited:
Neuroprotective properties AND sleep

Specifically, for occipital seizures and for essential tremor disorder. I have had neurological issues as long as I can remember. My first Grand Mal seizure occurred when I was 14 months old. I had another at about 8......but most of my life I have had occipital (simple partial) seizures. Especially at night or the end of the day.
I was also diagnosed with essential tremor disorder at 19. The pharmaceuticals I have been prescribed we're honestly much more debilitating than the conditions ever have been. By the age of 24, the doctors were discussing a group of surgeries known as deep brain stimulation. That was when I stopped going to Neurologists.
With the help of a naturopath, I have used diet and vaping cannabis to get my symptoms under control.

Thanks for sharing AC. Blessing on your continuing journey braddah.

Aloha nui
M

Hey mate, good read. Re leaky gut, a mate of mine has it and is getting good results by avoiding grains, especially those containing gluten. He's even considering a fecal transplant.
Luck

Hey mate, good read. Re leaky gut, a mate of mine has it and is getting good results by avoiding grains, especially those containing gluten. He's even considering a fecal transplant.
Luck

As for gluten, my doctor thought I was gluten intolerant or even has celiac disease. Its all the rage to diagnose gluten problems these days. So she had me tested (there are blood tests for them now) and I am not gluten intolerant or allergic to it at all. Wheat, bread, pasta etc. do not bother me. I have a beef intolerance though, which I got from my grandmother. Actually it is an allergy to beef. I crave it, I get high after eating it, and them I crash and feel like I have the flu for a day, and then I am fine again. It seems to be more common now than before, and doctors are at least more aware of it now. I avoid eating beef, which is difficult. It is in a lot of things, including Jello.

I do have diverticulosis, which are pockets called diverticula in my large intestine. I have an episode of diverticulitis that put me in the hospital for 3 days about 7 years ago that nearly killed me. It is like appendicitis, but instead of an inflamed/infected appendix, its an inflamed/infected section of colon around a diverticulum. Oddly that in turn saved me from colon cancer, as a few months after the hospital stay I had a colonoscopy to diagnose my colon problems (they confirmed the diverticulosis), and they snared and removed a thumb size polyp that was labeled as stage zero: just starting to turn into cancer. My doctor says that if he had not removed it, I would likely have been dead in 2-3 years.

Anyway, getting older sucks, but as my GF says, "consider the alternative."

I can't lie I just like to get high. :D First time I smoked weed I was 8 grew some like 13 I do like other drugs but weed has always been my favorite.

Thanks for sharing, Big Sur! :)

I like getting blazed at 4:20 AM with coffee to experience high lucidity and enhanced cognitive functions. The properties and effects of marijuana also makes me happy. I think delta9-THC is a wonderful molecule since the discovery of endocannabinoids. I love also tripping on anandamide when I smoke marijuana!

Peace

tkadm30

Does that anandamine really make that big of a difference? I never heard of it before but there are a few articles about it.

But weed and shrooms go great together but a lot of people get scared on shrooms. I had one bad trip only because of cops now I stay in the mountains when I'm tripping I love it take the boat out the fall is the best too at least in New England. I don't know about out west a friend went to Oregon and flat land as far as the eye can see every picture and video he had. Like Florida without the nice weather. Lol

Does that anandamine really make that big of a difference? I never heard of it before but there are a few articles about it.

But weed and shrooms go great together but a lot of people get scared on shrooms. I had one bad trip only because of cops now I stay in the mountains when I'm tripping I love it take the boat out the fall is the best too at least in New England. I don't know about out west a friend went to Oregon and flat land as far as the eye can see every picture and video he had. Like Florida without the nice weather. Lol

I live in Oregon and your friend must have been in eastern oregon cause where I live it is nothing but mountains. Oregon is like florida without all the huge bugs and alligators (and A LOT less people). LOL

I live in Oregon and your friend must have been in eastern oregon cause where I live it is nothing but mountains. Oregon is like florida without all the huge bugs and alligators (and A LOT less people). LOL

Alligator is damn good eating. :) Not too sure where in Oregon he was. But he didn't have any pictures of the Pacific so probably was Eastern.

I do love Florida but yeah way too many people half of New England born people live there. Lol, Never seen so many cops in my life either even in the smaller coastal towns. I almost want to move to the Caribbean I love tropical weather but I don't like Florida too many people. The bugs don't bother me I lived there for 5 years played with scorpions, rattle snakes and all the only problem was the banana spiders walk around the little forest they have you will end up walking into them huge webs. Fire ants too they are the worst.

Alligator is damn good eating. :) Not too sure where in Oregon he was. But he didn't have any pictures of the Pacific so probably was Eastern.

I do love Florida but yeah way too many people half of New England born people live there. Lol, Never seen so many cops in my life either even in the smaller coastal towns. I almost want to move to the Caribbean I love tropical weather but I don't like Florida too many people. The bugs don't bother me I lived there for 5 years played with scorpions, rattle snakes and all the only problem was the banana spiders walk around the little forest they have you will end up walking into them huge webs. Fire ants too they are the worst.

I have heard that fried alligator is very good. Fire ants! I ran into those nasty little critters while in Texas. Faxing all snakes in my area to you. ROFL :)

Mogie. Lol, I think my husband and I both smoke for that reason as well. More often than we care to admit. ��

Mogie. Lol, I think my husband and I both smoke for that reason as well. More often than we care to admit. ��

Hey Texas A&M! I spent almost a decade in Austin 20 some years ago. Kind of miss the night life there. Ah, 6th street...LOL

I have heard that fried alligator is very good. Fire ants! I ran into those nasty little critters while in Texas. Faxing all snakes in my area to you. ROFL :)

Yeah, fire ants in the south are horrible I was standing on a huge mound didn't even realize until I had a good hundred on my leg bitting me like crazy. Happened a few times I lived there for 5 years. But I will take the snakes:) I love gardener snakes they just eat bugs mostly but I have played with copper heads they were cute but not as cute as the baby timber rattler I almost kept it as a pet but my wife wouldn't let me. :D Thing just stood his ground striking at my sandal but too small to leave a nice fang mark. Everyone is like why didn't you kill it? When they are endangered in my state we ain't even supposed to have copper heads but I seen 2 no doubt about it. We also ain't supposed to have mountain lions but we definitely do just very few.

I do hunt but I'm not killing an endangered or rare animal unless I'm attacked better than the cute baby timber rattler. Lol, I love spiders too that is my secret to keeping a pest free grow room I don't even use neem oil I just let a bunch of little ones in my room's since they have bred I move one plant ten go running. Lol, a spider mite doesn't have a chance to reach my plants. :)

But yeah I'm married too spend a few years of always letting the wife think she is right you have to smoke weed. Happy wife happy life. :D Can't win if you want to get laid.

Back