Germany just legalized Medical Cannabis

Broseidon

https://www.thelocal.de/20170119/german-parliament-set-to-pass-medical-marijuana-bill

Well that sure came out of nowhere and quite sudden.

The parliament unanimously (!!!) passed a law that will become effective some time in march.

It will allow patients suffering from things such as chronic pain or nausea etc. from cancer treatment to get a prescription from their doctor and purchase medicinal cannabis through pharmacies. And the public health care system will cover the costs, too!

Now if you go deeper into the why what and how, you will find this is just a small step but at least it goes in the "right" direction.
Growing is still forbidden etc. etc. and basically this is a reactionary move by the powers that be (some of them making a complete 180 on statements they made just a year or two ago...) because last year a certain ruling of the highest court in Germany, allowed a man who already had an exception to consume cannabis, to grow his own supply.

The powers that be apparently took that like "oh shit, gotta act now, can't stop this from happening so better make sure we take matters into our own hands so we can make our deals with lobbyists and control the market".

Or something of the sort. Well make up your own mind I suppose. I am carefully optimistic and look forward to what is to come.

That's great for truly sick people but that's about it. Not too surprising either GW Pharmaceuticals has been working with Bayer (now owner of Monsanto) on medical marijuana for years and Bayer goes back to Nazi Germany bringing meth and methadone to the world. Sure the patients won't need to pay for the over priced patented medications from the big pharmaceutical companies but the people will for a medicine I can literally grow for free!!

I sure hope this doesn't happen in America kind of doubt it will fly since I don't know anyone who will pay for Obama Care everyone is always bitching about the fine they have to pay with their taxes. Lol

But who knows maybe they will lock down some really good cannabinoids that are good for different sicknesses with them GMO's Sam claims nobody is working on.... But I would bet my left nut they can all be enriched like CBD Crew does probably would take a little more work though since some good weed can have 3% or so CBD I know Greenhouses White Rhino is supposed to be about 3% CBD but they do lie about the THC% I watched a couple of their grow videos and from clone they didn't get as much THC as advertised. But who knows about testing? I'm pretty sure it was Shanti I seen in some video I haven't been able to find again, lol that he doubts any cannabis strain can produce more than 20% total cannabinoids. Which makes sense cause you don't get over 2 grams of hash oil from 10 grams of weed.

But what can you do but hope Trump don't fuck with our recreational marijuana? I really don't give a shit about medical because GW Pharmaceuticals has held all the patents for years we are getting fucked on smoking our medicine though they are at least working on a vaporizer which I predicted years ago.

Biggest problem is these pharmaceutical companies will have a lot more weed money to pay prohibitionists.

Cannabis can lower blood pressure and helps people chill out and de-stress (stress is a killer) so strictly speaking all cannabis users use it for medicinal
reasons. Mr Trump has legalised it for anyone who wants to use it! :)

"we are all ok with medicinal cannabis aren't we?" :D

Times, they are a changin' !

https://youtu.be/e7qQ6_RV4VQ

This new regulation is not coming unexpected, however it is just a sad small step that covers the minimum necessary step to take by the gov facing more liberal laws towards THC within the EU and the USA(preTrump). It is too little too late. Holding back research and finding a cure for ... f all. Like Georgy said: Its all bullshit people, and its bad for ya
Dont mean to sound negative but i fail to see the positive in this news. I cannot forget nor forgive the Klingons... no wait... the words of the CSU(bavarian party)-Woman telling with a straight face that cannabis is not part of the german culture whereas alcohol is. Theres a keeper... With ppl like those, with mindsets like that - not even BAYER taking over Monsanto seems like a legit hope for MMJ legalization in germany.

Cannabis can lower blood pressure and helps people chill out and de-stress (stress is a killer) so strictly speaking all cannabis users use it for medicinal
reasons. Mr Trump has legalised it for anyone who wants to use it! :)

"we are all ok with medicinal cannabis aren't we?" :D

Times, they are a changin' !

https://youtu.be/e7qQ6_RV4VQ

Yeah I know Trump has been all for medical marijuana but if he makes it schedule 2 the DEA will have to go after medical marijuana dispensaries and the only way to obtain a Schedule 2 drug is to get a prescription from a doctor for an FDA approved drug.

Really a bunch of bullshit if someone has chronic pain they should be able to grow poppy and harvest opium and if someone has cluster headaches they should be able to grow shrooms but currently we have no legal cure for cluster headaches.

We will see what transpires.

I think they will carve up the market now for big pharma and charge absurd prices of 30 bucks per gram upward through the pharmacies which the public healthcare will cover, which is paid for largely by the tax payer.

So in other words, with this law, provided the right steps are taken in the coming months, it can be made so the money goes from the tax payer into the pockets of big pharma/the powers that be and all is well in the world. This way they wouldn't have any issue with legalizing anymore. That's why they want to do it "controlled".

What is not desired is little Joe finding a killer plant or making a killer cross and then getting rich off of it, no matter how high he is taxed, that's a no-no.
The money has to flow from the bottom to the selected few in place, like Bayer.

But my prediction is that these people lack knowledge, understanding and mastery of all things Cannabis and they will make several mistakes, culminating in the same thing happening that happened in the US: While they would like to have recreational cannabis something like 5 or 10 years in the future because that gives them a good window to control the medicinal market and make sure they get a grip/handle on things, it will come within 2-3 years because demand will be too high and tax incentives too enticing.
And a few people might get rich even though they weren't supposed to.
But they will make sure that in the long term, the money from this new economic sector will flow into the "right" pockets.

Like I said, carefully optimistic. But I view it as "gotta watch for them to slip and then grab that opportunity without hesitation before it's too late", just like it was in the US.

Still, they will try to carve up the market, just like in the US.
Culminating in GMO Canna and patents ...

Dem background checks though :D
Pretty sure a thorough internet history search, activity from your IP etc. are all part of that...

Really wouldn't care for them knowing about my activities on canna boards or file sharing sites...

Makes me wonder how many qualified people will think the same thing and they end up with unqualified staff because of this.... *sigh*

imho a step backwards

why

bc due to health care taking over the costs of weed, there wont be anymore cases called "neccessity excuses" , till now you had no problems growing, buying, possesing "illegal" "material" as long you had your special permit, sure it came to trails at the court building, but all of them were rejected, a win situation for the "poor patient"

now

you dont have anymore this excuse, the powers to be will say, get your meds in the apothecary for free, bc the law is such, and bc of this, any other substitution will become illegal again

an example from the real world germenistan
you had only the choice of about 10 different strains that are beeing imported into germany, bc till now, no company is growing meds, now they opend up their menu importing some strains from canada , anyhow ... the situation was more than tight as bedrocan was growing for the dutch patients, germany has now 1000 more patients and bc of that there were times that now apothecary had any meds for the ppl, therefore they got their meds from the black market, or grew their own .. not to mention the prices, cheapest strain costs 15 euros a gram, blackmarket prices range from 3 to 6 euros (with good connections, without about 10 euros per gram); still 50% cheaper, and growing your own, you can dump the costs down to 30 cents per gram (indoors) to zero cents for outdoors (ideally)

all that is now obsolete, we all can pray that they dont start dna fingerprinting medicine, and that my weed is taken good care of in the packaging of the apothecary stuff and that cops arent the nose that i am to distinguish between strains ...

im more than sceptic, as till now there are about 10000 patients who get medicine on weed basis, 1000 of them get buds/flowers, the rest gets dronabinol or sativex or similiar products, this will of course change towards flowers n buds

all in all im more than sceptic, im gonna meet my doc on thursday and going to ask him, if there are any news regarding this new law, that is to take action in march, within 4 - 6 weeks

intresting times

god save us

hahaha very true
as much as i loved raider , twix aint more the same .. tho technically it is ...

anyways the law still hasnt been signed by the now new president steinmeier, the moment he signs the new law, 2 more weeks have to pass by until it becomes "real" .. those 2 weeks are necessary for some bureaucratic bullshit time (veto or failures or whatever) .... that means my freinds, that the very first official medicine wont go over the counter till 20th of march .. ideally ... which again means that i have to wait another 2 weeks for free medicine ...
and yes, why shouldnt i take the chance and get free buds ... philosophy aside, when you are not growing and use weed medically, it become a real money quest to survive .. sure i could live without weed, but i dont want to ... and i cant lol

here is the list :

name - thc - cbd - origin - import company

Bedrocan 22 < 1 Niederlande Fagron GmbH & Co. KG Pedanios GmbH
Bedica 14 < 1 Niederlande Fagron GmbH & Co. KG Pedanios GmbH
Bedrobinol 13,5 < 1 Niederlande Fagron GmbH & Co. KG Pedanios GmbH
Bediol 6,3 8 Niederlande Fagron GmbH & Co. KG Pedanios GmbH
Bedrolite < 1 9 Niederlande Fagron GmbH & Co. KG Pedanios GmbH
Pedanios 22/1 22 < 1 Kanada Pedanios GmbH
Pedanios 18/1 18 < 1 Kanada Pedanios GmbH
Pedanios 16/1 16 < 1 Kanada Pedanios GmbH
Pedanios 14/1 14 < 1 Kanada Pedanios GmbH
Pedanios 8/8 8 8 Kanada Pedanios GmbH
Princeton (MCTK007) 16,5 < 0,05 Kanada MedCann GmbH
Houndstooth (MCTK001) 13,5 < 0,05 Kanada MedCann GmbH
Penelope (MCTK002) 6,7 10,2 Kanada MedCann GmbH
Argyle (MCTK005) 5,4 7 Kanada MedCann GmbH

hf

just for those who dont know a translation of strains .. as far as possible

bedrocan (BEn DRonkers CANabis) = jack herrer F2 = ssh , as i understand it, nevil took the parents and therefore they are sitting on a F2
bedica , that Jack crossed to either WW or to another indica
bedrobinol , same as bedica, just with another indica ww or nl, but most probably affy#1
bediol , im sure shanti knows what it is, something along the way 1:1 thc to cbd
bedrolite, either therapy or harlequin or something like that, could also be a rope strain like fedora

pedianos, all strains are till now officially kept secret , cant say, but my nose tells me that 22/1 is a sweet haze variation, could be also jack/ssh/mango related, but its some kind of sweet haze ... similiar to sannies F8 jack herrer, which is truly impressive and worth the wait
14/1 reminded my so much of sheherezade from luc (paradise seeds) has the same smell n funk, typicall of kush, luc renamed his creation to allkush, for whatever reason .. and all patients (anbd growers) i talked to are confirming this sweet kush thingy
i havent tried other pedianos products and cant comment on them
princeton = ghost train haze , sadly that medicin wa totally damp and full of mould with yummy touches of ammonia ... what a shame .. fuck off idiots ! honestly
and least but not last argyle = nordle CBD , grown and dried and cured to perfection, thats seomthing i could smoke al day long bc of its flavor, but due to cbd not my kind of meds ...
havenbt had the other strains ... but will update as soon as im gonna run over them :D

Last edited:
I can give a quick update to the situation in Germany as my buddy tried to get a prescription recently and gave me an update:

- The laws may have changed but they have not been implemented, he was told he still has to go through every available pharmaceutical alternative on the market before he can get his Canna. He has been prescriped something against seizures that was "very mild in term of side-effects".... He does not suffer from seizures at all.....

- Another friend of his already got his prescription as he had jumped through those hoops years ago. He reports that no pharmacy in a 2 hour drive radius has cannabis and they have no idea when they will get any. He asked dozens of pharmacies

- The cannabis agency/insurance/pain management places etc. are currently calculating 800 EUR a month for a treatment with Cannabis. Let that sink in. 800 EUR a month. These greedy motherfuckers .....

- The insurances are required to pay for these treatments by law which has come into effect a week or so ago. Who woulda thunk it: They won't.
Insurances are currently gearing up for legal proceedings and investigating ways to get out of their obligations. All requests for payments for Cannabis treatment are currently being rejected outright and existing pharmaceuticals prescribed instead. This is to buy time to prepare for eventual court cases.

Here is what I make of the situation and while I am not a resident there, I am familiar with the country and believe to understand how things work over there (or at least roughly):
- I believe that with the ratification of CETA (against the wishes of the German public), it makes sense that one of the first things they use this for is importing Canna. If Trump hadn't been elected and TTIP ratified, they would have gotten it from the US instead. We are talking huge sums in trade here, much money to be made, many politicians and people in power in both Canada and Germany will immensely profit from this.

- Dutch Canna was immediately available and has been used in the past for those with exception permits to consume Canna before the law changed. This continues but is now supplemented by Canadian Canna imports. I would not be surprised if the Dutch imports phase out in the coming few years.

- Both the Dutch and Canadian Canna is imported in amounts just large enough to show that Canna is actually available for patients in some population hubs like Berlin, so no media shitstorm can be created that says "government makes law but doesn't implement anything" or the like. If something like this were to be claimed in the media, they could simply point to some Berlin pharmacies and patients that are being supplied with Dutch/Canadian Canna and say "need patience till it is Germany wide covered, we work on it". This can buy them years of time.

- They already mentioned that 2019 is targeted as the year production of Canna in Germany is to begin. In 2017/2018 there will be an application period where companies can turn in their bids to be the company to produce Canna with the blessing of the government in Germany. Many bribes will flow here and much corruption will take place. It will probably be a company like Beyer in the end or some subsidiary of them or another big pharma company.

- Production and supply of pharmacies with domestic weed will begin and for about 5 year there might be ongoing discussions about prices and quality and the like but there will be no movement from government. "Security" and "quality of medicine" etc. will be cited as reasons as they are now.

- If public outrage follows and demand spikes, there might be some action after a certain time but they will create a 5 or more year window of pure monopoly by a company like Beyer and in that time they will have stuffed their pockets so deep that it might not matter to them all too much if people are allowed to grow now.

So maybe in 2025 or so we will see an actual change in Germany.

For now it seems that nothing has changed at all. Only on paper.

Last edited:
and this is crazy, so german section maybe?

would be nice, not necessary - germanys youth gets taught english in school - however still might be good idea considering... many germs are at the level of microwavecamera-believers... maybe nvm

Alle Mann raus aus der passiven Ecke und los posten, lasst uns zeigen wieviele wir sein können und vor allem was wir können, Wird Zeit dieses Geheimniss mal in die Welt zu tragen, denn gerade hier auf Shantis Seite fehlt am meisten "impact" und man könnte ja schon fast glauben, daß wir hier alle Analphabeten sind (mit Pflanzen) ... was eben genau andersrum Wahrhaftiger ist!

hehe

bc of such "problems", i became moderator at planetganja, got choosen .. you know ... weed forums and so on ....

but would be stupid, that handful of growers / patients who are indeed in need of help (growing tips n tricks), gather together at FB ... and you can imagine how "special" the knowledge/level is at FB

i gave up, had to quit, bc i really like to help my growing comrades , but im not able to "fight" ignorance, and till that day nobody has ever become a prophet in his village

its no surprise that we have only 3 other languages on board, a 4th - german - is / would be a waste of time and ressources , besides that ... google translator is doing a good job with those 2 languages (eng <-> ger)

but if .. but if ... im here to help if needed, you can rely on me !

ok - this is the ultimate idea PatientZero !!!

open a poll and ask the community here what they think of your idea :)

Sehr gut Deran, ich teile deinen Enthusiasmus und schließe mich deinen Ausführungen an.

So you Guys think Germany would pass on those taxes a controlled legalization would bring? Im not too sure about that.

On the other Hand Marlene Mortler looks absolutely serious about her claims.

As long as we have no Lobby for Cannabis in Germany nothing is going to happen in this direction. Maybe when Germany is seen as a Market for big players from the US.

We will see what happens next, I'm not up to sit here and wait for it, when plants can be grown legally in other places.

T.

Sehr gut Deran, ich teile deinen Enthusiasmus und schließe mich deinen Ausführungen an.

So you Guys think Germany would pass on those taxes a controlled legalization would bring? Im not too sure about that.

On the other Hand Marlene Mortler looks absolutely serious about her claims.

As long as we have no Lobby for Cannabis in Germany nothing is going to happen in this direction. Maybe when Germany is seen as a Market for big players from the US.

We will see what happens next, I'm not up to sit here and wait for it, when plants can be grown legally in other places.

T.

The taxes from recreational are nothing compared to if you only allow GW/Bayer that Sativex is far over street prices. Marijuana costs no more to grow than tobacco that's why Sessions is going to crack down on our dispensaries in America and it was planned they took the right to bare arms from medical marijuana patients so we can't protest armed.

The Bundy ranch protest was a victory only because it was an armed protest. The few armed growers stayed under ground and our profits are going to skyrocket so I'm not going out west to protest but I'll be their if they spark a revolution. I just have no faith in the West too many hippies, hipsters, Emos. The Boston Tea Party happened in New England as did the American Revolution the West is soft like wet flowers.:D

Back