I have an odd male

Greenthumbskunk

I did a cross pollination of a Critical Mass female with a Mulanje male last summer. I popped 20 beans in cups just to see the structure and how they grow, I also popped 20 Wonder Woman/ Mulanje beans at the same time. These beans are now 6 months old. I topped all of them and put them in a cloner to determine sex all are performing as usual showing sex under 12/12 except one.

It came from the Critical Mass cros I made, very unusual for me but maybe not unusual for any of you??
Anyways their was one male plant I knew all along it was a male because it started putting out balls at just a month and a half old and 18" tall. The rest of the group are all the same size and none were showing sex all this on 20/4 schedule.
I topped all of my experimental beans and put them in a cloning machine on a 12/12 cycle including the oddball male. When on 12/12 it started to really branch out and stretch big time producing tons of male sacks. Meanwhile the original plant is still growing and throwing out a lot of pollen sacs. I'm not talking just a couple here and their but hundreds of them on a now 4ft tall plant out of the same cup. It is really branching out and growing like mad producing sacs on a 20/4 cycle.

Have any of you seen a male do this? It reminds me of an autoflower but it doesn't stop producing male sacs. It has a very nice leaf to sack ratio and is producing a lot of pollen sacs on a 20/4 cycle and a cutting on 12/12 put out much more than on a 20/4 of course. Compared to all the other males which was 13 males of the critical cross and 14 males on the WW cross this is hands down the winner on the amount of production of pollen sacs.

Any of you guys had a male do this before and would you breed to it?

Whoah! Information overload. Lmao

Calm down. What ever made you write that book has you stressed. Just smoke one first.

Okay now that we are both medicated, I hope you meant 6weeks and not 6months.
You could just wait out ans see what sex they are in veg if they are that.old it should be soon

As for The male, well they are known to autoflower. Nothing unusual there all males I keep on 24 hour veg this even slows down the auto ones.

As for the auto trait, as I said nothing unusual about it. What does it mean? Well I have no definitive answer for that. Some people see it as an early flowering trait and good to breed with others see it as a negative trait. But this does not change the fact if it's a photo period strain, despite the male auto syndrome the females will still be photo period plants.

Is it a good male to breed with? Don't know, does it have all the traits you want in a plant? I would breed it, clone it, store pollen, kill it, attempt to keep clone, but this is one of those things where you only get one chance, because I'd it makes a good cross it probably won't be around to do it again.

No they (the crosses) are now 6 months old from sprout. I've been FIM the females to keep them small at about 4 foot tall. I'll be putting these beauties out in the dirt in a couple of weeks so they will really explode with size.

I have other plants that I popped last summer and are fairly big and have a couple dozen clones off each one that are 3 foot tall.

I'm looking to put out a few hundred plants this year. Had around a hundred last year and lost 1/3 in various stages of their life cycle.
My largest one was around 15 wide and 12 foot tall. Had a few males that would up getting around 15-18 ft tall and most all the others were 10 ft that were not pure Sativas.

I put out a lot of clones in Mid July and they got 6ft tall. My biggest battle last season were the damn worms and rain every other day while buds were putting on weight normally it is dry here at that time of year August/ September but it became a monsoon. I live pretty far south compared to many on here and this have a much longer growing season which is just above 35 degrees north.

I have grown quite a few males but I have not had one that went into flowering on a 20/4 cycle unless it was a ruderellis cross and this is a cross of Mulanje which is a pure landrace sativa that will flower for months and critical mass.
It has now been flowering and producing pollen for several months. Just doesn't make much since to me.

Mulanje x Crit Mass sounds like a recipe for monster plants. Have you grown out any mulanje females? I'm curious how it smokes considering its touted as the King of sativas, the sativa of sativas. Malawi Highland.

get them/him into a bigger pot and cut him back far beyond the flowering branches, ive seen many photo males over the years do this when root bound and or under low levels of light

The guy started putting on sacs at about 30 days of age and nowhere near root bound. I don't think light was an issue as he was under a 600 watt veg light. On an Ak47 I started getting some light burns on the leaves so I don't think it was not much light.

Ya I got a good deal of seed out I that cross hoping to get some monster yielding plants out of it. I actually crossed the Mulanje male with several others like the Iranian Auto flower ( not really an auto but flowers when it gets an hr of darkness), a really stout Violator Kush, Wonder Woman, C99, Da purps, and a few others.
I put them outside right now, and gonna have to put them in the woods somewhere as the Mulanje can get huge. The Male was around 15-18 foot tall when I chopped him down when he first started showing sacs. Hollow stems throughout the plant and it's trunk was as big as a mans calf. Good structure as well so I took a couple of cuts with me and put him in a cloner then later flowered him along with some other cuts. Those cuts were only around 6" tall so I got about 100 seed of each to work with.

I have a couple of greenhouses this year in which I'm gonna put my bought seeds in this year. I have now aquired around 110 ( think more) different strains (ya I'm a seed junkie lol). I now have all but I think 2 of Mr. Nice strains, yes all of em. :)). Greenhouse is only 11 foot tall so their are several strains I cannot grow in their. I live further south than a lot of you guys do so I benefit from the heat and length of season and can grow some big plants. :))))

But as far as that weird male. I'm not sure what to do with it. Thought about chunking it to get it out of my way and I have collected some pollen and is in the fridge. I have seen some males throw a couple of sacs here snd their but not go into full bloom just like an auto does. I thought maybe somehow a mix up occurred with the Iranian auto but they were in different rooms and I harvested the seeds at different times as well. It just keeps growing and is in full flower. It's about 6 ft tall now and has been flowering since around Christmas. Lol. Think of a female putting on weight like that and stretches for 6 months.

Back