oldschoolhaze`s afghan x haze under led

oldschoolhaze

popped 4 beans a few weeks ago switched to 12/12 to find the males and cull already got one removed and suspect another but im gunna wait a few days only got one meter sq so need to manage it carefully got a sativa northernlights clone some of the best smoke ever ive grown it out a few times carefully cloning but i lost my veg area recently and this is the last one also a cheese clone donated from a friend all under a 450w led panel 144x3w 3 internal fans using a mix of coco and hydrolecca for medium theres alot going on here so ask questions! and ive just decided to post this after a bit of ummm and ahhhhing but its good to help others

soooooo

iv over watered them thinking there was ph issues flush
and i fed them early and got negative effects
iv bin silly really both of these were rookie mistakes :mad:
also ive heard haze hybrids like wet/dry/wet/dry not daily watering
3 AH left out of 4 all in 18l sq pot filled to about 14l
i don't really wanna post photos until they look better
im a bit ashamed of how they look burnt on the leaf edges and iv removed fan leaves that were suffering
iv fimmed and pinched the what i would call 70/30 sat/ind phenos one is 50/50 the happiest one out of the bunch just happy to stack wide leaves small though sorry that last post was shit i was baked lol :) oldshcoolhaze happy to meet you
just getting it dialed in i finished my last grow with this led light and a mix of cfl the nugz were so just perfumed and one bowl ruin which i hope this afgani haze will be much the same oh hps is not an option for me although it works i cant be venting out and i can run all year round with the led so it just works out better for stealth aswell il get some photos up when they start to look happier :eek:

been there, done that... I usually manage to bring back plants from my errors. You will too.
yeah just another learning curve iv never killed a plant accidentally only males and the weak it could have been many things i panicked to be honest.
ive changed the strain, light source, pot size, air flow, using a new type of coco. If i was using conditioned coco on the 2nd use i wouldnt have harmed them .
under led you need a different mag/cal to nutes ratio iv never done a straight led run but that said the stems are thick and the new growth is green so things are clearing up just as long as i don`t water them again haha thanks shovelhandle thought no-one would be watching this haha post if ur watching guys :D

peace smokin shit til this is done

oldschoolhaze :)

r5

They coming back yet? Woukd love too see em

yeah lookin better r5 ive killed another male so 2 Afghan 1 cheese 1 northern lights left just another few days and il get the pictures up pal nothing going on if im honest just a few new green leaves no real change in height either got some hso sour blueberry seeds and bubba kush aswell im itching to do so much with my 1m sq haha they look tiny in there in their massive pots specially the clones they only just got rooted

soooo heres what youve been waiting for

sooo have a little walk around the garden don't knock anything over stoners!
the big box houses the fan to keep the 100mm ruck L quiet all the ducting has bin wrapped in clingfilm to add some extra noise reduction same with the fan box i really don't think i can get it quieter now the led is noisy compared to it heheheh
i am going back to the veg cycle because i need bigger plants for 1
and it would be unproductive to flower such small plants without a decent root systems they looking better since iv let them dry out much more growth on every plant old school haze :D let me know what you think

Attachments

• Photo0145[1].jpg
    Photo0145[1].jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Photo0146[1].jpg
    Photo0146[1].jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo0147[1].jpg
    Photo0147[1].jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0148[1].jpg
    Photo0148[1].jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo0149[1].jpg
    Photo0149[1].jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo0150[1].jpg
    Photo0150[1].jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo0151[1].jpg
    Photo0151[1].jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0152[1].jpg
    Photo0152[1].jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0153[1].jpg
    Photo0153[1].jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo0154[1].jpg
    Photo0154[1].jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo0155[1].jpg
    Photo0155[1].jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 10
so i bit the bullet and watered them all and having no problems just gotta let these ladies really dry out before i repeat might employ some lst on the little AFGxHZ don't really want to pinch this one but i need multiple heads or at least some side branching i do love to manipulate my girls as you will see ive been really harsh on these the larger AFGxHZ has a perfect fim 4 sets of new growth which i love

peace oldschoolhaze:)

more info

i didn't wana talk so much bout my led at first in case someone thought i was spamming for people to buy it but i got it direct from the manufacturer its 9 band
3 different blues
2 different reds.
orange
white
2700k and 6700k mix
deep red 730nm
soo its full spectrum when its on the "bloom" setting .
at the minute were on veg so the 2700k whites
one of the reds
and deep reds are off
it only gives that crazy purple light when its on full blast "bloom" :cool:
yes it messes your eyes up if u look into it because its not just heavy lumens its photo active radiation

il get another set of photos up before Christmas popped a bagseed of some dairy queen that was hanging about just like the bud very gooey shit also wasted space i was looking at :eek:

i need a tiny veg box to pop seeds and preserve my genetics id get a tiny pc case or something similar but i dont want to get ripped off

omfg this is why i smoke i just had a great idea i run ducting into a 5 gallon bucket as a diffuser/silencer i could rig a few cfls in it and place my prize genetics and new blood in there already has great airflow
going to take it down in the morning to clean it out and rig the cfls
i will take pictures of my marvelous creation no new fans no more consumption but two 30w cfls i knew why i waited to buy a grow box
i already had the answer it just took some sativa clarity rambling
because im ripped could anyone tell ?

now at peace oldschool haze feeling better was feeling hopeless and lost the path is clear now my shitty paint will show u what im talking about but who is great at paint on a laptop with no mouse and only that pad thingy hope maybe this can help others lol

more photos

yeah i like how short and bushy these are i know its partly the leds influence its going to be easy to take a clone from this fimmed one but im not letting the other one fade away into the air especially if its some quality dank soo i super cropped it coz im not flipping till its got a branch i can clone

Attachments

• Photo0158[1].jpg
    Photo0158[1].jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo0159[1].jpg
    Photo0159[1].jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0160[1].jpg
    Photo0160[1].jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 14
had to take clones off both afghan haze waiting for the nl and cheese to catch up til i flower these off and the clones to root i feel these are both going to be keepers in their own rights i just want to keep everything though that is my problem:D

playing it by ear as i go the clones appear to be taking of the afgani x haze sat in fibre cups still waiting on the cheese and nl to be clonable i fed the afgani x haze before i took my clone to ensure the survival of both limbs and the mothers
everthing is slow because there in huge containers i think their toes are just about touching the bottom of them the water turnover is not ideal atm just vegging nicely put abit of rhizotonic,potassium scilicate and supethive to help the roots and leaf development

so here is where i am at i took clones for a friend so i am just waiting for the girls to bounce back

if you have ever had a strain that you don't want flower til you got a clone
this is why i am waiting northern lights as it has became a staple while i ran my perpetual all cfl grow all of which has bin shut down and smoked also i want to keep a clone of the cheese too i like a bit of variety as far as it goes
don't want to take a stressed clone early in flower :)

i played it at a friends a lot and u guessed it smoking haze and taking turns :D
or what passed for haze lol

new photo time :) here is the bag seed dairy queens 1# and 2# if u can read my bad marker scratching lol these pictures were all taken just after transplanting the dairy queens into a more airy mix of coco and the clay balls the roots had reached the air cavity created by the clay balls so i decided to transplant because these are going to flower in the pots they in now 4-5 l each i ran out of coco :eek: but i wanted different pot sizes just to see how the water turnover and yield is affected there in smart pots 10l also they younger than the rest

Attachments

• Photo0175.jpg
    Photo0175.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 4
  • Photo0174.jpg
    Photo0174.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 3
next up the cheese and northern lights the nl i think looks a bit sorry for its self because there re-vegging
the staggered flower sites it creates are beautiful also i heard its a sign of strong genetics thats good as the nl is a 7th generation cutting and you can try and keep her down in flower but she just tries to rocket ive scrogged this plant a few times lst'd it as well its definitely taught me a few things i am sentimental about this strain wouldn't trade it for a mountainside of ganja :D
the cheese should be good too

Attachments

• Photo0173.jpg
    Photo0173.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo0172.jpg
    Photo0172.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 2
pineapple kush seedlings and Afghan haze clones looking sorry but they are rooted and will perk up soon for the next cycle

Attachments

• Photo0171.jpg
    Photo0171.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0170.jpg
    Photo0170.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 5
Back