Grail: The Ultimate Haze Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the most viewed thread ever!

Hello! Nevil,L33t,Scorpion and everyone else.:)This is going to be a very nice thread that I am thouroughly enjoying and I want more! This Grail will be your Greatest Achievement of all time I feel. After you get the Grail in order and it is perfect in all details Lets spread the plants around South America and the orient to start the whole process over:D. Nevil, Once you have the candidates in order for the grail, let us all know what you plan so we can use our imagiantion for the sequence to create the Grail. Glad your here. resinbud ;)

Last edited:
yupp... this is going to be interesting.... set Nevil free.....
There are going to be alot of thoughts... I don't even know where to begin.
I am a Indica grower.... (mostly) so.. I'll keep my thoughts to myself.
B.

Crossing Nevil's Haze to unrelated top quality cultivars will produce outstanding hybrids. I would hazard a guess and say that quite a few seed companies have done exactly that and kept themselves in the game, often coming up with a creative legend to avoid admitting that this was the case.
I am thrilled to be able to say that a wave of enthusiasm is sending ripples around the globe, prompting the planet's elite breeders to offer their best genetics to further enhance the cause. My faith in humanity has been restored.
That we all have a large selection of unknown delights to look forward to is pretty much assured. But we have only just begun. Dedicated Americans are scouring the continent for remnants of the true Haze Brothers bloodlines.
Australians are offering their exclusive S.E. Asian lines as candidates and the Dutch still have old cuttings that I no longer have at my disposal and more, to sweeten the pot.
So I'm very excited and I'd like to thank you all for your overwhelmingly positive response.
N.

Hey fellas,

Wow, a couple of hours and I have just finished reading this thread.

Glad to see so many friends helping the big man out.

I still have to keep pinching myself when I see you posting, Nev.

L33ts, scorp, bigherb, hempy et al your all amazing sources of information. Getting a glimpse into what the scene should really be and what it used to be about.... happy times.

Great vibes, great smoke!

Crossing Nevil's Haze to unrelated top quality cultivars will produce outstanding hybrids. I would hazard a guess and say that quite a few seed companies have done exactly that and kept themselves in the game, often coming up with a creative legend to avoid admitting that this was the case.
I am thrilled to be able to say that a wave of enthusiasm is sending ripples around the globe, prompting the planet's elite breeders to offer their best genetics to further enhance the cause. My faith in humanity has been restored.
That we all have a large selection of unknown delights to look forward to is pretty much assured. But we have only just begun. Dedicated Americans are scouring the continent for remnants of the true Haze Brothers bloodlines.
Australians are offering their exclusive S.E. Asian lines as candidates and the Dutch still have old cuttings that I no longer have at my disposal and more, to sweeten the pot.
So I'm very excited and I'd like to thank you all for your overwhelmingly positive response.
N.

I think that I speak for many here:
It's a pleasure!
It's such an overwhelming feeling that all the NICE people in the canna bizz are working together on the making of yr grail.
Let's also give thanks to Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee that made this technology available for each and everyone of us.
Feels like smoking the best spliff with yr best friends, great vibes idd!
Loving every phrase of this thread!
Very very exciting!
Grtz,
Y. Sam

Heya bh,

the NL5xHzA(2) and the OSH A5 diesel is one and the same.
The mother of NevHz.

Tring to keep up with this thread, reading it in my leisure time, witch is a bit here and there,... My wife will eat me in a few minutes for sure!
Good luck everybody with the making of the grail, i'm so excited, it's like i'm in love again. :D
Cheers,
Y. Sam

great to see you here

i hope all is well

i understand its of the same lineage,but shanti has told me mns offerings have nothin to do with the OSH soo i believed the NL5xHzA(2) from neville haze to be of a different selection of the same parents then A5,also cause im not clear how new neville haze stock is created

blissdesu

Flo (tastes like cedar, smells like incense, pleasantly potent, clarity in high)

DJ might recommend Flo as male, but...

i like this idea of usin flo although i think Highland Oaxaca Gold or Colombian gold would be better suiting

1luvbigherb

Last edited:
Now we have a format so that we can more easily understand what is being proposed, lets get back to the plot.

As you can see, from the pedigree of NH, the average age of the grandparents is about 40 years. It is for this reason that the NH is the most useful candidate for the Grail Sire. To my knowledge, it has been inbred to Haze only once, and this came with a price.
The NL5 x Haze, from both Haze males A and B, was a very consistent hybrid. The likelihood of a good plant coming out of a small batch of seeds was in your favour. My opinion for what it's worth is that this is the best Indica/Sativa F1 Hybrids that I have grown. I don't know where you can still get a genuine 5xHz f1 hybrid today. Fortunately we still have clones. of the two best F1 females.
The price for back crossing the 5HzA back to Haze C was that the hybrid was not as consistent as the 5Hz. Maybe one in 20 females would be better than the 5Hz. Further doubling up on HzA or C will reduce the return even further. I know this from experience.
If there are other good haze lines out there, be it from Sam or the Haze bros., what are the chances of it being an F1? If large numbers of the progeny smell like cat piss, it's very likely inbred and therefore not likely to be a good candidate. A 25% Haze hybrid from a different Haze line that has not been inbred to Haze would offer more hope.
Smoko time
N.

I don't know where you can still get a genuine 5xHz f1 hybrid today. Fortunately we still have clones. of the two best F1 females

so that explains the new batches of nevilles haze

id lov to taste that 5hz

If there are other good haze lines out there, be it from Sam or the Haze bros., what are the chances of it being an F1? If large numbers of the progeny smell like cat piss, it's very likely inbred and therefore not likely to be a good candidate. A 25% Haze hybrid from a different Haze line that has not been inbred to Haze would offer more hope.
i dont think any F1

but im curious as to your thoughts on the catpiss trait,this is a smell i always associated wit the best haze ,catpiss pine sandlewood is a great description of NH that has been used and compared to the reported fourth variety of OHAZE which i believe to be the gold variety

you might consider the Cgold or Hoaxacan as aparent also the SAMS CC i think would be great,as they share similarietes to your hybrids already

1luvbigherb

N.

Then I guess it's game on:D

High Times Magazine

Hello! Nevil and all.... I just read the article in high times magazine about HAZE, and I would like to ask a few questions. The article claims that the Haze B female is no longer around? Was this B a CUBED haze Female? Is this hz B still alive? The haze C has the 40 year history and smells like chocolate thai. I would think if hzB female is no more it must have been cubed and the male is lost forever do to pollin mixing. The problem with cubing is you will loose the identity of the chosen male and it can cause anxiety from my experiences loosing the dominant male. The Grail!:p Thanks, resinbud ;)

Last edited:
Just want to say HI!

My faith in humanity has been restored.

First thing first!! Thanks for your immeasurable contribution to the Cannabis community
Mr. GotAnyHaze It a pleasure and a Honor for all of us to be be with you on the Mr.Nice Forum!

We stand as a army being you!
we don't have any fear and we look forward for the days we can all stand to been know as the greatest community Ever !!!

Nevil for President!?!

We can make more paper from cannabis, oppose to the tree!
You can make 4 time mores paper from hemp then wood and less pollution! but they still cut or forest down!

Now they make ethanol with corn and I'm sure Cannabis will make more ethanol! Let say Critical Mass versus corn!

one days my friends I hope we can stand up to get the Grail!

MasterTrooper

several weeks ago, at another site, i was expressing my excitement at the many new haze hybs shanti had recently made available. a known breeder popped a response to me stating it was too bad nevil never had the haze, only some good australian sativas? i believe his implication was the one true haze was the caly version from the haze bros.? i am not enough of a haze historian to defend any position, no choice but to remain dumbstruck. but it has not changed my position to try a few new ones very soon. peace-biteme

Now we have a format so that we can more easily understand what is being proposed, lets get back to the plot.

As you can see, from the pedigree of NH, the average age of the grandparents is about 40 years. It is for this reason that the NH is the most useful candidate for the Grail Sire. To my knowledge, it has been inbred to Haze only once, and this came with a price.
The NL5 x Haze, from both Haze males A and B, was a very consistent hybrid. The likelihood of a good plant coming out of a small batch of seeds was in your favour. My opinion for what it's worth is that this is the best Indica/Sativa F1 Hybrids that I have grown. I don't know where you can still get a genuine 5xHz f1 hybrid today. Fortunately we still have clones. of the two best F1 females.
The price for back crossing the 5HzA back to Haze C was that the hybrid was not as consistent as the 5Hz. Maybe one in 20 females would be better than the 5Hz. Further doubling up on HzA or C will reduce the return even further. I know this from experience.
Smoko time
N.

Im on to it Nev:D

hi all , hi Nevil ,

thanks for sharing your thoughts on 5HzA/5HzC/NH , very interesting post
"I don't know where you can still get a genuine 5xHz f1 hybrid today. Fortunately we still have clones. of the two best F1 females."
I always thought the NL5 cut from USA died long ago and reading your post I really believe this is the case and also the case with '84 NL5 (NL), since this would explain what you say about making new NL5Hz f1 is not possible anymore. If I 'm wrong please correct me

A question regarding the Grail, is there a particular reason you want to use '97NH and not freshly made NH seed ? Shanti said the NH parents never changed since NH was first made. So is there any specific reason other than the fact that the '97 seed stock was made by you and also since really old needs to get popped before its too old and unusable.

I m not a breeder but from what I understand clones may start to 'degrade' or simply 'change' over a long period of time due to evolution(ie random or not mutations)..and/OR might produce less good or simply different progeny as times passes. Old seed may also have less intact DNA due to old age from what I understand.The older the less complete/intact. To what extent any such degradations or changes may happen would depend on plants' age, growing/preservation conditions/seed storage conditions/seed age etc..And even if the DNA of a clone stays intact over the years couldn't the progeny differ due to enviromental changes as time passes? Or I am I completely wrong in my thinking ?
This is a topic I would really like to discuss with you so looking forward to hear your opinion on this and on why you chose go with old stock specifically from '97.

I was also wondering about what bigherb suggested about the A5 (5HzA cut that you gave to J in Holland) being a sister to 5HzA(2). Is it true or basically same clone ? By the way Shanti had posted over icmag that the number 2 (in 5HzA(2) ) is purely a selected Haze A male, there were more than one and so numbers were given to them.Maybe he wanted to say there were more than one NL5HzA plants and not HzA as he wrote as I m only aware of 1 HzA to exist?

Thanks and hope you do get to find the right canditate for this most interesting project!
l33t

A question regarding the Grail, is there a particular reason you want to use '97NH and not freshly made NH seed ? Shanti said the NH parents never changed since NH was first made. So is there any specific reason other than the fact that the '97 seed stock was made by you and also since really old needs to get popped before its too old and unusable

sup unc

id like to hear nevs thought on your questions aswell

neville

ive always wondered the same thing about the NH,shanti is a master at wat he does but everyone has always spoke of the neville made NH F1 seeds ,such as 97 seed stock obviously made from you

i dont know wat the difference would be if the same parents are used

all i can think of if you had to select from seeds stock that you would hav a better idea of wat represents pure haze because you grew out the 7 parents

but you do you hav clones
Fortunately we still have clones. of the two best F1 females

soo forgive me if i dont understand as the breeding process hasnt always been easy for me to follow

I was also wondering about what bigherb suggested about the A5 (5HzA cut that you gave to J in Holland) being a sister to 5HzA(2). Is it true or basically same clone ? By the way Shanti had posted over icmag that the number 2 (in 5HzA(2) ) is purely a selected Haze A male, there were more than one and so numbers were given to them.Maybe he wanted to say there were more than one NL5HzA plants and not HzA as he wrote as I m only aware of 1 HzA to exist?

ive wondered this since shanti told me mns doesnt use the OSH for breeding

also interesting is the shanti post

it be great to hear your thoughts nev

1luvbigherb

People keep asking me questions regarding ancestries of strains that they have purchased recently or cuttings that other people have. I can't really tell you about things that I don't have first hand knowledge of. I would have preferred not to go there, but it seems that to avoid confusion, I'll have to explain my predicament.
For the past 5 years I've been stuck in Australia, subject to a Departure Prohibition Order.
My last $50,000 was "quarantined". I've spent years fighting battles in the Supreme and Family Courts, representing myself out of necessity. The Government here seems to consider it sport legally tie you up in knots and then strip you of your assets. It's a bit like bear baiting with your hands tied. Well I won in the Supreme Court against three teams of lawyers. I got the case dismissed and all that remains is the question of damages. And things have taken a sharp turn in the Family Court and I'm expecting a positive outcome in the near future, hence the timing of my coming out. But I'm pissed off and I'm a bit of a scrappy sort of guy, I fully intend ripping the Government a new arsehole in the form of a damages claim. In any case, I'll soon be free to travel.
With all of the crap hanging over my head, there was only one man with the integrity and talent that I trust to "play the fucking music right" and that's our friend Shantibaba.
I gave him the "bank", knowing that he'd look after you. It seems he's done a fine job! I've given advice on fruitful avenues to pursue, but he has been keeping the Olympic torch alight.
But there is a new wind blowing and the timing is right. For a generation, bread has been cast upon the waters and the fish have been getting fat and with the talent out there, it's time to drag the net. People are joining hands and we are all pulling together, the way it should be. To pinch a freemason phase, I feel the dawning of a "New Dawn" and the sun will shine as never before! ( I'm relying on Hempy for the appropriate picture).
N.

Do you mean your last 50 000 millions? :eek:

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues in court, the law makes an ass out of someone thousands of times a day, it's unfortunate when it makes an ass out of someone harmless and productive like yourself.

Here's a Q.

What would you rather find yourself smoking of strains you've directly bred or bred along side shanti.

Also - you quoted that SupersilverHaze, Diesel, Sage, and Jack Herer are all the same plant. Is there any different from Jack Herer and SuperSilverHaze? I've always thought Jack Herer leans more sativa and has more peppery taste where the SSH is more indica with catpiss phenos being common. I've grown Jack Herer from seed before and have sampled SuperSilverHaze quite a few times and always thought they were distinctively different. Are these completely the same?

I don't know where you can still get a genuine 5xHz f1 hybrid today. Fortunately we still have clones. of the two best F1 females.

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the recent release by Shanti was a 1:1 NL5 and HzC. Accordingly, is the current NL5xHzC offering by Shanti different from the original? If so, what's the difference? Can we expect the current offering to produce the same favorable odds of finding something similar to that of the older version?

Any clarification would be appreciated?

Hi Nevil, I am glad to here you have had success in court, many people I know have not. So many people asking so many questions you must be overwhelmed so I ask any. Just know that we have you in thought and prayer.

Best blessings, Dawn

Free Mason?

Nevil, I know you are busy, and I am very sorry you experienced a bad time in life. I hope it gets better for you real soon and I fully support your reason for being on this planet earth ,for what you do. Are you a Brother Mason? I am.:) Sorry for the lame questions concerning your genes, we are all just excited for you and Shanti during this special time with legalization. If you never create the grail? I will be forever greatful with what I have.. Sincerely, resinbud ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back