Which strains would you like to see MNS produce???

gertbfrow

Hey guys,

This is a fun thread where you can list what strains you would like to see Shanti put out.

The strains can be from other seed vendors or obscure cuttings.

Also what crosses would you like to see within the MNS lineup??

Again this is all in fun (this isnt actually gonna happen) so please don't get upset if you see someone mention a vendor that you personally dont like or actually lets try to keep all negetive energy out of this as possibal.:)

So again..
#1. What strains would you like to see Shanti work with

#2. What hybrids would you like to see Shanti do inhouse. Also poly-hybrids

Strains I'd like to see Shanti work with:
(This is hard as he already has damn near every building block, lol)

bubble-gum-th-seeds.jpg

Bubblegum:
Its one of my alltime favorites, it tastes great and can be a gorgeous plant to watch grow. I have tried the serious version but after reading the stories I'd actually like to try the thseeds version as its described as being more indica of which I'm a bigger fan of.
(I think I'm the only indica domm fan here, lol:p)

picture.php

Dr. Grinspoon:
This sounds trendy as its a totally new strain but damn does it look exotic. I've never ever seen another plant like it in my life. It looks like a plant made of entirely of bracts!! Again this is the most exotic plant I've ever seen and I'm ordering it tommorro. Rumored to be a Neville's Haze pheno....I doubt it.

img_6068.jpg

Headband:
Although I don't find any of the diesels paticulary interesting I do love headband. I'm smoking some now as we speak...the last bowl.:( Tried playing phone tag for the past couple months in an attempt to secure cuttings of a totally awesome blueberry cross thats out of this world but still don't have it.

picture.php4

Blueberry:
Again another total classic that took the world by storm around 2000, I remember tons of it going around being suprised knowing the difficulty and small yield. I love it especially when its multi colored.(pic courtesy of butcher bob @ tokecity)

I know I threw out some brand new strains but like I said its hard because Shanti already has everything.:D

Now for the much easier and more fun part...which crosses would I like to see Shanti do inhouse.

#1 Most Wanted
G13 x NL2:
I know you have this Shanti.....PLEASE put this out. This is a super...super strong plant. The strongest pot I've ever had in my life. Forget all the other crosses THIS is the REAL legend everyone thinks is G13. Seriosly Shanti if you could even just say a few words on this cross.

La Nina x Super Silver Haze:
Would be intersting with 32% White Widow, 12% NL5 and 60% haze combo sounds very very interesting. Just think of the variation. I'd love to grow 200 of these.

G13/Haze x Super Silver Haze
I've yet to try a confirmed sample of the G13/Haze or its crosses but it sounds promising and with all the hype that the one male in a-dam made its gotta be something worthwhile, and you just cant beat SSH, its perfect on every level.

Critical Mass x G13/Skunk:
I've read in some forums that some ppl think that the c-mass isnt the most potent bud, but the sample I tried that was confirmed was potent indeed. Nice fruity flavor good indica buzz great for the day mated to a G13/Skunk male. I havent grown nor tried the G13/Skunk but I have smoked for sure G13/NL2...so basically my lust for the G is a lust for that cross....but I've smoked plenty of NL's...not pure NL2 or "Oasis", but enough of them to know recognize NL when I see it, so I do think I'm well aware of the G. I'm currently growing a mr.nice (sensi) cross grew out over 50 seeds and saw quite a few different pheno's with only 1...a single 1 showing a super G13 domm characteristic. Anyways I think that the G13 would be an excellent mate to make the ultimate indica.

Shit x Haze C:
Arjan has tons of shitty hazes....lol...but none with this lineage. I think it would work out really nice if you chose a super indica domm Shit.

Hawaiian indica & Hawaiian sativa:
I think it would be super cool if Shanti released eatch Hawaiian parent for Spice individually. I've tried Spice and love the taste, truly unique with spicy coming in and fruity coming out on inhale and exhale. It would just be cool for kicks to be able to see both sides of this hybrid on their own.

SuperSilverHaze x Neville's Haze x Mango Haze:
No explanation needed the 3 best sativas in the world.

Well now youve got the idea I'm sure I'll come up with more but I'd like to see everyones picks and would like to know what you think about my suggestions.

-gert

great post and hybrid concepts Gert.

i feel a little too new to the MNS gene pool to try and add suggestions just yet, but i like the idea of Shanti working with new cuts or crosses, especially those coming out of California like the SFV OG, SR71 Purple Kush or Las Vegas Purple Kush.

Gert, you mentioned Headband, do you mind telling me what its parents are?

I highly doubt shanti would work with grinspoon, I've smoked it and shanti's haze's are greatly superior in just about every way (potency, taste, yield etc.).
Likewise with OG Kush/Headband for different reasons though I don't think shanti would touch them with a ten foot pole!

As for the purple Kushs the SR71 and LVPK are poor examples of PK and are PK crosses at best. LVPK is too stretchy and bulky to be real PK and SR71 is likely an Urkel cross. Here's some pics of what PK should look like imo:

089 (2).JPG

094 (2).JPG

As for what I'd like to see shanti work with, maybe a NL5XHazeA BX of some sort. Zacateus Purple or Big Sur Holyweed is another great strain shanti could work wonders with. He could do it justice in comparison to THseeds efforts with it in the SAGE cross they made...

For real. Straight NL seeds from Shanti would be heavenly!
Would be nice to see maybe a NL x (G13 Widow) or Afghani x (G13 Widow)
Not sure how it would turn out.
Excited about NL#5 x Afghani if Shanti is going to release them.
Still dying to grow Medicine Man again and want to try the G13 Widow.

Ortega- Ortega- Ortega

Having Seen A Mr Nice Seedpack ( New Foil Design ) In The Limited Edition Display @ Dampkring Growshop And " Old School Seedbank " Of Ortega Had My Heart Thumping. ( The Closest I've Got Is Either Dutch Passion Ortega#3 Which Were feminised And Ended Up Getting Confiscated.
The Closest I Have Come To Growing The Real Deal Is Via A Fairly New Member Here Who Produced A Strain He Calls BLUI ( His Budshots Have Won Numerous Calender Of The Month Awards
I Love The Motivational And Inspirational Qualities Of Mr Nice Hazes And Sativas , But Have Always Loved My Very Relaxing Indicas.
I Was Dissapointed With The Feminised O.G Kush I Grew When Dinafem Seeds Were Just Starting ( They Stalled Mid Season , Went Droopy And Appeared To Lose Their Vigour For A Couple Of Weeks Before Recovering
Of Course , With Females , A Much Smaller Yield
Automatics As Well ; Inferior Imitations Of The Real Deal, With The Common Low Potency Of Ruderelis.
I'd Love To Grow The Following Again
Sweetooth X Lavender
Godbud X Grapefruit
Romulan X Sensi Star ( RomStar )

But Above All , ORTEGA
Calling Ortega:)
JKP

You're not the only one here with a preference for the indi/indi doms.

Remember a while back there was the "what indi would u like to see shanti......".

And remember the one recurring strain in that thread?

NL#5 and NL#2 specifically.....NL!

Seems to be precious little here at mns that has either in it, I really don't know why.

If so many want it....and we know Shanti has it, why not toss us a bone?

You sativa lovers have more hazes then I could hit with a fucking stick.

NL5 X SK1

NL5 X CM, or anything NL 2 or 5 Dom.

Its what I want.

FX

Edit: I didnt know about this one. NL#5 x Afghani. Is true? 'Cause if it is....I am very excited!

PS. Still waiting for the MM. Been... oh, bout a year now lol. Patience. MFA!

Last edited:
What's in the MNS vaults?????

I don't know if he'd be into it, but I'd love Shanti to post a list of what strains he actually has in his library, then we could really start to make up some great crosses.

Peace
GG

Shanti's Private stash!.

Shanti has probally got acces to ALL the Choice Select CUTS AVAILIABLE????.

And still chooses the long astute and laborious task for honest Genetics, while others just feed off his work!.;)

oldschooll all the way!.

#

WE NEED SOM IBL PURE GENETICS ARE WHATS NEED IN THIS COMMUNITY

NO CURRENTS KUSHES please pre 80's are welcome

HASHPLANT

PRE SOVIET AFFIES

PURE HAZE

COLOMBIANS = THE BLACK aka wackyweed, THE GOLD smcg

MEXICAN = HIGHLAND OAXACAN

INDIANS =KERALA ,highland

THAIS= HIGHLAND ,LOWLAND

CAMBODIAN RED

MM =mumblin madness

AFRICAN= malawi ,durban,african black magic

whichever south americans n south east asian that produce incense traits

1luvbigherb

Hi all,
If there is a place to express your hopes and dreams, this may be among the best places to voice your desires. Few know exactly what MNS has in their vaults, but with a look around the various MNS forums throughout the years I believe a number of varieties mentioned within this thread previously could be made a reality with a decision from Shanti to make it happen. However, I think there would have to be sufficient enough demand in order to warrant significant production time.

Like with many top breeders, Im sure Shanti receives genetics on a routine basis from all over the world. I would not be in the least bit surprised if he did not have a dozen versions of World Destroyer 1901 and its hybrids alone. And what I wouldnt give to be present when they were all grown out and compared lol. ;)

A song to further inspire this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Qd9VR1gD8&feature=related

Hey multistrain nice to meet you.

Headband is Super Skunk x Northern Lights x Diesel

Alot of people think its a "kush", but its not. Though I also doubt most "kush's" are anywhere near realated to the hindu kush or master kush.

You're not the only one here with a preference for the indi/indi doms. & NL#5 x Afghani. Is true?

Oh I know but we're definetly the minority here. NL5 x Haze, NL5 xAfghan,
NL5x Skunk and NLx Haze/ Skunk were listed in a menu Shanti sent me. Very exciting indeed.

Last edited:
Shanti's Private stash!.

Shanti has probally got acces to ALL the Choice Select CUTS AVAILIABLE????.

And still chooses the long astute and laborious task for honest Genetics, while others just feed off his work!.;)

oldschooll all the way!.

#

I Agree #
I Know I Keep Refering To His 2000 / 2001 Redeye Magazine Article Introducing Mr Nice Seeds.
In The Article Shanti Shared His Aim Of Producing 12 Of The Best Old School Strains He Could Find.
Now That Was A Decade Ago, And Shanti's Strain Portfolio Remains Consistant, Filling The Niche Of Providing Cannaseur Quality Sativas And Hazes
MNS Is Probably The First Stop Where Shoppers Can Aquire Their Seeds With The Reassurance What They Buy Will Deliver The Goods In Every Way.
I Recall Shanti Once Mentioning The Amount Of Mothers He Can Have At His Research Centre . I Think The Limit Was 25 , Or Something Like That.
I,m Absolutely Fascinated At The Grafting Of Motherplants I've Witnessed In Person In Holland And The Contributing Thread On Grafting By Fellow Member Midnightgardener;)
By Having Multiple Flavoured Mothers , Would This Open Up The Possibility Of Some More Old School Indicas ?
Theres A Cannabis Forum On The Internet That Concentrates On Breeding
Although It's A Good Site It Is So Congested With Strains With Names That Are Quite Confusing And Near Impossible To Remember.
Continuing With The 12 Best Old School Varieties , Include More Indicas Like , Say , Maazar , Hindu Kush, Pure Afghani, And Himalayan Strains
First Mr Nice I Grew ( MNS Sh*t ) Had A Indica Look , And Effect
Also The MNS Early Haze Has , For Me , Ended Up Showing Different , But Defineate Phenotypes , Mostly Indica , One Plant Appears To Look 100% Sativa ? ( It Is Also The Biggest Of The Three And Will Weigh More Than The Two Others Combined;) )
Lastly , The MNS - N.H.S Has Grown From Seed On A 12/12 Regime And Is Now Sexed As Female . It Is Defineatly A Indica

I'd Still Love To Grow Ortega Though
With Leaves As Big As Cabbages :D
Joe

Attachments

• Chunky Monk-Nov1.jpg
    Chunky Monk-Nov1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
  • th_MrNiceShit-Aug15-004.jpg
    th_MrNiceShit-Aug15-004.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 474
  • September Hope 145.jpg
    September Hope 145.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini RomStar-Zero Veg.jpg
    Mini RomStar-Zero Veg.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Texas Heather Male- Almost Overlooked-2006.jpg
    Texas Heather Male- Almost Overlooked-2006.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Texas Heather dec27-05- 30 Percent Done.jpg
    Texas Heather dec27-05- 30 Percent Done.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 4
I would just like to look inside Shanti's personal seed stash.... :D

Re Release some of Nevs original {generation} Strains...
G13Haze,NL5Haze,Skunk#1Haze, {A line}

I realize this would be variable seed ,
and is considered foundation breeding lines.
but the genectics are in there ...
and I personally would treasure this seed ...
and spend the remainder of my life exploring the genetics hidden inside.

It would be something akin to the Maple Leaf Seeds Nevil did in the second or third catalog {not sure}
Original SEED BANK Breeders Pack, 50 seeds of known origin,but not quite stabile...
fine by me,I love to explore things.

;)

Last edited:
Hey multistrain nice to meet you.

Headband is Super Skunk x Northern Lights x Diesel

Alot of people think its a "kush", but its not. Though I also doubt most "kush's" are anywhere near realated to the hindu kush or master kush.

hey Gert, pleasure to meet you as well. thank you for the info, its been difficult for me to find because Headband.

Scorpion, i like the way you're thinking with the G13Haze and NL5Haze.

great post and hybrid concepts Gert.

i feel a little too new to the MNS gene pool to try and add suggestions just yet, but i like the idea of Shanti working with new cuts or crosses, especially those coming out of California like the SFV OG, SR71 Purple Kush or Las Vegas Purple Kush.

Those cuts probably have more mundane pedigrees than their owners would care to admit...I can't debate the quality of the smoke, but OG Kush is likely nothing more than a very well selected Afghan hybrid (someone on this board mentioned it could be Afghan Haze) and likewise with the other Cali kushes. The quality is there but the pedigrees have been bastardized by marketing hype .

I think that by going through thousands of seeds from well-selected gene pools, Shanti can pull quality parent stock on par with or exceeding that of the 'elite' west coast cuts. Also, by avoiding the 'cut' hype, he avoids having to deal with the craziness months or years down the road when people are wondering if the Headband in MNS HeadbandxBlack Widow is Guy X's cut or Guy Z' s cut, because Guy X just admitted his Headband was actually not real Headband. And then what happens if it turns out it WAS Guy X's cut? Do you do a recall? Change the name? Keep the name and lower the price? Keep the name and just have a blurb at the bottom of the strain description? Seems like more mess than it's worth when you have the genetic library that Shanti does.

ESS

What I'd love to see:

pure Master Kush
pure Hashplant
if that can't happen, Master Kush x Hashplant (Master Kashplant:D)
Neville's HazexBlack Widow
Neville's HazexLa Nina (Haze A, Haze C, NL5, Haze female, Black Widow...could call it "Hall of Fame" :))

ESS

Haze A x G13
Haze C x G13
Haze A x NL#5
Haze C x NL#5

Very very very NICE if these babys would be released again and we can grow these strong beauties once again, especially the Haze A crossings, it's a killer haze!
Thanks,
Y. Sam

Back