Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Project Z

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 AM

Default CBD Crew - "The Remedy" - Aussie style

Well folks, I am fortunate enough to be doing a trial grow for Shanti of the new strain in development called The Remedy. I plan on doing a journal here as agreed, and will post regular updates with pics and commentary. I hope you enjoy the journey.

Ten days ago I germed 6 seeds and they all popped within 3 days. I used a commercial grade seed raising mix from my local garden center, and moved them outside under sun after transplanting to an organic mix in 6" pots. Sadly, we have had constant rain where I am for the last 10 days and growth did not progress as I would have liked, so I decided to move them back indoors under a 1K MH to boost growth until the rain patterns eased and the sun returned. This proved to be a wise move as the weather forecast is for another week to ten days of rain/cloudy weather.

As the plants seemed to have stalled due to low light from constant cloud and rain, I dosed the plants with fish emulsion and sea weed tonic yesterday, in the hope of assisting more rapid growth under the high light intensity of the HID lamp. Even though 36 hours have elapsed, already there is a noticeable change of colour to a more healthier green, so I am pleased that my decision to move them indoors is paying dividends.

Apart from The Remedy, I also have 4 other strains going:

Rainbow Dreaming (triple Nimbin cannabis cup winner)
Rainbow Dreaming X Shiva X Rockbud
AK47
Plus some of Kangativa's sativas (un-named)

Once sunlight returns and the weather patterns are agreeable, I will once again move the young plants outdoors and sun harden them off, before planting into permanent positions around my back garden in soil. From then on they will hopefully flourish and progress through into summer with optimal growth.

Australia at the moment is subject to a heavy La Nina weather pattern, so keep your fingers crossed for me that the summer will not be too wet, and of course the autum when the plants will be budding.

I will try and get some good pics up in the next day or two once I am satisfied that the HID has done its job and the seedlings are looking a bit healthier.

Namaste

The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but the best is when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.

Last edited by Smokin Moose; 12-06-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

looking forward to seeing your results moose , your plants have always impressed me so i know this will be a good journal to follow
Old 12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Chana Masala

Default Subscribed!

Hi Uncle Moose,

This is going to be great, as I have only seen this strain grown indoors... looking forward to seeing these ladies in your little eden...

Good luck and be safe,

CM
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Thanks for starting this journal. I'm really interested in this strain's medical potential.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Kangativa

Hey mate.....No need to put those Sat's under lights, they grow through anything. That might save you a bit of room
Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban View Post
Thanks for starting this journal. I'm really interested in this strain's medical potential.
Thanks mate. I particularly am interested in this strain for med reasons also, as I suffer from debilitating PTSD and chronic pain issues. When I was with Dr Bob Melamede in Nimbin in May, he suggested to me that a high CBD strain would be particularly good for PTSD and pain, hence my request to Shanti to be able to trial this new strain.

For interest, I am attaching a terrific article on CBD and PTSD and chronic pain..

Namaste
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lutz.pdf (166.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf russo difficult to treat pain.pdf (204.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangativa View Post
Hey mate.....No need to put those Sat's under lights, they grow through anything. That might save you a bit of room
Done! That will free up space as you noted.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Cheers Smokin Moose, thanks for putting up another example of this strain.

Very excited for the future of cannabis with strains like this hitting the market.

Best of luck to you and prayers for girls

Cannabis Saved my Life.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 AM

Ok folks, the first of the pics. These were taken the day I brought them inside and under the 1K MH. As you can see, the lack of sun has really impacted them.
The Remedy are the first six in the middle in brown pots. Initially I was embarrassed about posting the pics but then I realised it was the weather and not my poor technique that was the issue. I hope you bear with me as the plants recover from the slow start.

Here again you can see how the lack of sun has impacted them. However, now they are under the HID and been fed with fish emulsion and sea tea, the colour is better and growth is now proceeding.

I will get some better pics up in a day or two.

ps By the way, it was very wise to bring them indoors as we have had torrential rain and flooding the last 3 days, and the next week is to be the same.

Last edited by Smokin Moose; 12-09-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Banned

G`day Moose
Stoked to hear your workin as a tester bro .Its been wet in my part of the world too and my seedlings that have been out in it are lookin a bit sad and yellow as well ,but nuthin a bit of Seaweed and fish emulsion can`t sort out eh ? I like the way the leaves on your Remedy are reachin up for the light I read that as a good sign .ie they are willin ,just need a little TLC an they`ll be off and runnin Just out of interest how many hrs of light they gettin at the mo ? As these are Indies ??? I wonder if they might want to flwr straight away when they get back outside .I`d be keepin a close eye on em for the 1st few weeks when you plant em out .And maybe even leave an outside light on to help the transition . Nuthin worse than wastin some good genetics with too little veg time .As I have found out for myself .with Indies started much after Xmas .They just don`t reach full potential .Sats no problemo but I`ve had a few pigmies over the years [wot ya get when ya don`t label seed b4 you store it !] .Though I saw the Brazilian a while back and was in awe ,so I reckon you know a trick or two eh ?
Lookin fwd to seeing this one through to finish . I have a brother in law who has PTSD and insomnia and would like to be able to help the poor bastard .So I`ll be keepin an eye on your post .
Good luck and seasons greetings bro .
Thanks for sharin
Elmer Bud .