Greenhouse Film

BuzzardsBay

I am looking at buying a pipe bending kit to build an apx. 16x24” greenhouse this fall.

what is the best material to cover it with? Anything that will let in sun and give me a little privacy?

Don't bother with less than 10 mil and the 15 mil I linked to can be used to line a pond, it's that tough.
You're looking for "visqueen" by name, and you'll need clear (obviously). The thicker the better since it'll have to withstand weather and expansion/contraction with the normal temperature swings.
It *may* be referred to as "vapor barrier".
Don't bother with Lowes or Homie De-pot, they ain't got shit :)

How
I am looking at buying a pipe bending kit to build an apx. 16x24” greenhouse this fall.

what is the best material to cover it with? Anything that will let in sun and give me a little privacy?
Hey man.
How cold does it get there?
Are you heating the house through winter?
Getting on in the season, did you go with any MNS haze for this year?

Most stuff will let sun in.
How much UV gets through is the question to ask.
Thicker may be better for durability, certainly not for potency.
Good luck working it out

R

Reason I asked if you'll heat it is you may want to use a double film.
The layers r thinner, for full spectrum penetration, but work like insulation.
If you are serious about getting crop protection this season, and don't need to warm it, you could look at hail protection instead.
100% visual security and really good light penetration.
But that's for ninja growing, or hail protection, lol, not for extending a season.
Good luck getting it worked out this year

Thank you both. Well I get frost here mid October. It is the humid, cold rains that come and give me. Bud rot second half September. What is this material you mentioned. I want to keep rains off and get some visual protection. Scare the neighbors if they saw a dozen monster plants; state of Mass says 12 plants ok... seems reasonable to me. I have a white widow That filled my whole greenhouse. Scares even me really.

If you don't need to heat your crop protection you can look at what they use for grapes.
Rain protection will stop the rot and it's not transperant, so you won't freak your neighbours.
If mangos don't grow there, it's too cold for me.

We have a lot in common Vlad, but weather isnt one.
temp goes above 70 and I melt. I am a lover of the snow and ice.

I have to finish up a crop before I start any more. In Massachusetts I’m allowed 12 plants. Grew a dozen autos and soon as they came down a dozen phltoperiods went out. The are big now looking great and I have one monster plant. No real idea of the quality of the seeds. The monster is supposedly a white widow I got as a freebie from Seedsman.
I can’t wait to harvest and start my indoor winter grow with the Mister nice seeds. I’m home taking care of deaf and weak 89 year old mother. Home bound due to Covid so I also have a 100’ x 32 garden and I’m stacking 7 cords of wood. I have a feeling we have a long winter coming with Trump and Covid. Realistically, I’m looking at March April before I see any mister nice.
maybe I could trade Marcus the darkness for a joint of the finest kind for a big bag of OG

Back