Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Pink Floyd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
itsbenfun

Default Pink Floyd

So I germanated my Pink Floyd seeds in Januaryish, all 18 and got 100%. Right off the bat I noticed some of the seedlings had multiple bladed first true leaves. Probably nothing significant but I tend to notice these things especially when starting a new variety.

Well here we Grow! They are two weeks into flower now and i got 7 males and 11 females. I got a range of phenos it seems, but in general they stretched 2-3 times there size in 2 weeks so far. The smells are starting to come out now and so far its consistant in every single plant(males included). Its a real creamy frankincense. Really diggin' it...
Females-

Males-

So thats that for now. I will try to do a couple pics every two weeks on the gals. End of July for smoke report...haha gonna be a long wait for these as i have 'High' hopes for these gals

Last edited by itsbenfun; 04-13-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Default happy threading!

Hey fun. lookin forward to this one.. being a HID refugee, sativas are still somewhat foreign territory to me. in fact, right about now, i feel positively sativa-starved.. . so all the best on this one, bud! i envy.. .

-what height were they when u flipped em?

soon soon. . .. .j j
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
itsbenfun

Hey JJ,
Quote:
-what height were they when u flipped em?
They were around 10-12 inches at the flip and the tallest, lankiest ones are 3 feet now. Its hard to get a good perspective taking photos in that tent but those are 4 foot bamboo stakes in there.

We are deffinately going to do something about your sativa starvation my friend, do i hear a sequel to 'hangin'? Hmm what sativa delight to do???

Cheers JJ

Last edited by itsbenfun; 04-13-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 AM

mango haze springs to mind.. when the sharks rock up, i was gonna ask shanti if there's any particular variety he'd like to see explored on the boards... cheers brother
.. .. .jj
Old 04-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Default Cool

However that multi bladed leaf isnt the first true leaf. great lakes region eeh!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:54 PM
itsbenfun

Hey Heavy D, yah der eh, i see you speak da local lingo. Well i always refered to the set of leaves after the cotydelon the first true leaves. Probably read it MJ botany and it stuck with me, either way i personally havent seen many and finding so many in this pack i thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 AM

ha, yeah.. on the other side of the planet, yet we shared the same textbooks.. . in my estimation MJ botany is unrivalled for it's presentation of foundational study and understanding to the young cannabis pilgrim ... it certainly built the foundations of my understanding plus glimpses of concepts that would take me many years to begin to appreciate when i first got a hold of it.. That book has been a cornerstone superstar for cannabis and multiplied wealth through knowledge like few i can think of-- in my opinion.

-yeah i aint seen it before neither, fun. it's a trip,eh..,-...tho' heaven knows there's a whole lot i aint seen.. .

p.s. out of curiosity, the hell does 'yah der eh' mean?!
j j

-

Last edited by jondojoando; 04-23-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 AM
itsbenfun

Well said JJ, I agree, the book is still unrivaled, and has given many a great understanding of the plant...around the globe. I have heard people say the book is flawed and not 100% factual and maybe its true, maybe its not, some things can be misinterpeted by the reader. Always been my bible tho. To me the cotydelons are embreotic leaves. they are there in the embryo. the next set is the first set formed on its own power. I beleive the cotydelon location also marks the apical meristem, so if severed below this point it will die. i have an O. haze x skunk#1 that is growing its top from this point next to the cotydelon. So maybe these things are yet to be fully defined.

As far as what yah der eh means, its just how alot of oldtimers in this region talk. Its a similar accent to canadians. It really doesnt mean a damn thing but yes or agreed.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Hello itsbenfun. I recived my Pink Floyd's seeds last week . I'll see Yours until wait to start mine's
Best wishes
AGG

Last edited by AGG; 04-25-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
itsbenfun

Hello AGG, glad to hear you got your hands on this limited edition breed. Let us know how things pan out for you for it will be interesting to compare results. I will get a few pics up this weekend, things are moving along nicely and the smells are getting more complex, creamy frankincense with a side of mink musk.... stinky, stinky