Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Nordle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 10:55 PM

Default Jakes Nordle Mother Hunt

Hello MNS faithful,

Now that my CH mother hunt is in progress I have decided to add Nordle to my selection project.

I planted 4 seeds on 1/31/16 and they are under the dome with my rooting cuttings.

So- what i am looking for out of the Nordle is pain relief and muscle relaxation. I am a building maintenance guy and it takes a tole on my muscles and joints. I had a plant my friend was working on for a long time that helped me but it's gone now. And i can't find my friend. Hopefully the nordle will fill that void and be around for a while.

All experienced Nordle growers--- what am i looking for? Any particular traits that you noticed on a good pain killer plant?

Tips, advice, scolds, whatever! It's all welcome.

I will update once they have broken ground.

Happily Hazed!!!

Jake
Old 02-01-2016, 11:21 PM

Hey man ill be following along, a couple of weeks ago i started 4 Nordle as well! Ive never grown it before but have grown plenty of superskunk, ive never had a bad one, its just comes down to personal taste after you have smoked them. Im looking for a quick flowering girl, 6-7 weeks, im sure i can find it this line,4 or 5 seeds at a time!!
Old 02-01-2016, 11:49 PM

Tagged in for this, got a pack of nordle on ice for years & thinking about putting them in the woods somewhere this summer.

Good luck with these, homie!
Old 02-04-2016, 04:31 AM

Right on, mi amigos!

Thanks for tuning in!

Alecky, how are yours looking so far?

Patrick, happy to have your attention! The grow with your gal pal has been interesting!

Update on the Nordle:

4 of 4 have popped and are strong enough for my wind tunnel veg tent, which is outstanding for seedlings who were still seeds on January 31st.

Thats all for now!

Jake
Old 02-04-2016, 05:52 AM

Good luck with your grow brah! Aloha M
Old 02-04-2016, 09:02 AM

Best of luck Bro!

Going to follow this as well.

My first criticism/question :
Why "only" 4 seeds? You mentioned the seedlings are in the dome alongside other plants but I would say that going on a mother hunt with only 4 seeds is fairly limited.
I assume you are simply running at capacity for the time being but would generally suggest more seeds for a mother hunt.
More plants to choose from = better selection outcome (at least in theory, luck of the draw always plays a role ...).

Anyway, wish you all the best Bro!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:55 PM

i have been through quite a bit of Nordle and although it never disspoints it is difficult to explain what to look for as the plants grow almost like clones...this is a line that is extremely homogeneous so you'll really have to sample a few and find what you like best...i'd recommend Nordle for pain/muscle spasms anyday of the week, most of the plants should help and the buds are generally hard as a rock...Nordle yields well, grows easy and has a generally narcotic high that locks you in your chair as time seems to fade away, quite relaxing but there are some knock out plants to be found...there is good reason Shanti chose a mom and dad nordle to use with his various crosses (Ash, AngelHeart, Nev's SK, etc). Nordle i feel is the perfect balance between yield,effect, flavor, visual appeal and extremely easy to grow. I know you can't have everything in a plant but its consistently a good all arounder.
4 Seeds is not enough for a hunt really, I have always felt that flowering a ton of small seed plants in one room quickens the selection, take cuttings and keep the plants that stand out for round 2, these ones earned space in the big girls room
Best selection I have had was when i ran 25 girls under a 600w in a 3ftx3ft room, yielded a ton of short stocky buds and then kept the girls that really stood out.
Nordle has very little stretch, some don't even double and they get quite squat and wide quick, a large Nordle will generally take up a lot of space,
just my 2 cents
Old 02-05-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Good luck with your grow brah! Aloha M
Thanks brah! I was on the big island in 98 and have always dreamed of coming back but I bet you hear that a lot. Lol.

Jake

Last edited by blowingupjake; 02-05-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
Best of luck Bro!

Going to follow this as well.

My first criticism/question :
Why "only" 4 seeds? You mentioned the seedlings are in the dome alongside other plants but I would say that going on a mother hunt with only 4 seeds is fairly limited.
I assume you are simply running at capacity for the time being but would generally suggest more seeds for a mother hunt.
More plants to choose from = better selection outcome (at least in theory, luck of the draw always plays a role ...).

Anyway, wish you all the best Bro!
Howdy Bro!

Well, the answer is simple: impulse and irresponsible actions. That's what I'm all about!!

Ha-ha. No, I don't know what my deal is. I am currently looking for keepers in a small selection of several strains. I'm also hunting for parents to make an f2 of a diesel cross I made last summer.... I have ADHD and have no one around to tell me no. So, I guess that's it! I'm colouring outside the lines.

I do acknowledge the fact that if I pop a whole pack of something that my odds of finding a keeper are exponentially greater. I just don't care

This is my hobby, after all. I know in my CH I state that I am running 3 at a time because of plant count... Well I just blew my cover. I'm not really concerned with that and have expanded my op since I started that thread. More room means an ancy Jake staring at boxes of seeds in the fridge. How can I not try a little this and a little that

Happy to have you on the train, broseph.

Jake

Last edited by blowingupjake; 02-05-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious101 View Post
i have been through quite a bit of Nordle and although it never disspoints it is difficult to explain what to look for as the plants grow almost like clones...this is a line that is extremely homogeneous so you'll really have to sample a few and find what you like best...i'd recommend Nordle for pain/muscle spasms anyday of the week, most of the plants should help and the buds are generally hard as a rock...Nordle yields well, grows easy and has a generally narcotic high that locks you in your chair as time seems to fade away, quite relaxing but there are some knock out plants to be found...there is good reason Shanti chose a mom and dad nordle to use with his various crosses (Ash, AngelHeart, Nev's SK, etc). Nordle i feel is the perfect balance between yield,effect, flavor, visual appeal and extremely easy to grow. I know you can't have everything in a plant but its consistently a good all arounder.
4 Seeds is not enough for a hunt really, I have always felt that flowering a ton of small seed plants in one room quickens the selection, take cuttings and keep the plants that stand out for round 2, these ones earned space in the big girls room
Best selection I have had was when i ran 25 girls under a 600w in a 3ftx3ft room, yielded a ton of short stocky buds and then kept the girls that really stood out.
Nordle has very little stretch, some don't even double and they get quite squat and wide quick, a large Nordle will generally take up a lot of space,
just my 2 cents

Curious- this is solid input. Thank you very much!!!

I will assume I should not top the Nordle (wasn't planning to) but I was worried about insufficient side branching. Thanks for putting that to bed.

Your description of the narcotic effect is spot on what I'm looking for. Just what I wanted to hear!

Man, I bet selecting from 25 is fun. Lots of sampling

Thanks again for dropping in and taking the time to reply so thoroughly.

Jake