Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > NL5 x Skunk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 10:45 PM

Default Does NL5 x Skunk have any sativa?

I put 22 beans in water,all germed and only one may be discarded until sex shows.
I'm hoping sex shows while in 18/6 I'll be looking at nodes 5-8 and if no sex shows on to 12/12.
Is this a pure indica strain on will it have some sativa dominant pheno types.
I was going to do nhs or G13Skunk but I've never done NL so I did this one.
Is there any pheno types,smell,etc... that I might try to spot?
I'm guessing not until mid bloom or later until I can spot keepers.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:15 PM

I grew 10 females last year, great plants, easy to grow and a pleasure to smoke. The ones i had definitely leaned to the indica side of things in both growth patterns and type of stone, strong and narcotic. All had above average yield, and all of them had a thick coating of resin. Smells ranged from heavy skunk to fruity/floral types.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:17 PM

cbd look up the lineage of skunk and u'll see a couple sativas in the mix IIRC.

That's where alecky's fruity taste/smells came from.

YJ

Last edited by Yellowjacket; 01-10-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM

Well the colombian and mexican heritage skunk alone would deffo bring some sattie influence into the skunk buds... thats what makes it a hybrid and a great smoke IMO

bless up

Old 01-11-2016, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the replies.
It's definitely a very robust strain.They all look very healthy so it'll be harder to choose a keeper.
Old 06-19-2016, 03:41 PM

With my research and knowledge of skunk 1 it started out as Columbian Gold, Acapulco gold which is the Mexican sativa, and Columbian Gold is also a sativa. The skunk 1 strain was worked on in California since the 1940's if not longer. David Watson aka Sam Selenzy aka Months Skunkman was a junior member working on a strain that is almost immune to powdery Mildew. The issue was that Columbian Gold is hard to.pollinate and what the research reads is that it was called jingles skunk which was a Mexican Sativa x Columbian Gold and finally the focus group was able to cross it to Acapulco gold. Afghani was added after David Watson left the USA to Holland and was introduced to the Dutch cannabis hierarchy by Ed Rosenthal as Sam Selenzy.. He sold stock to Neville and I believe that is when it was bred w Afghani. Northern Lights was a clone only strain which I am sure Neville had to cross N.L.5 with Afghani as well but not positive. . I believe either that or skunk 1 male was crossed w N.L.5 female. I have stock from the seed bank from 1986 and 1990 and it definitely is of far higher quality than any I purchased in the past 2 years. Ive spent 2,000$ on New stock and I am now getting ready to flower shit and Black widow. Ill let everyone know how it turns out!