Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > NL5 x Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2017, 11:33 PM

Default Mr Nice NL5/Hz vs Nevils Original 88 Release.

Anyone grow Both ??

I know they are different. Anyone have any info on the original? I know the original was some of, if not the most powerful stuff I had smoked ever. Incl Viet Black in 71, and some other really high powered strains. I lost the genetics from in 97. The weed itself was as good, or better than most hash, or oil. And yep, I also made both of it.But the weed itself was in another universe vs all the other stuff Ive smoked since 97, Incl Original AK47, C99, Sensi NL5/Hz, Ghost Train Haze, Kosher Kush, Original Barneys Non Fem G13 x Haze, Tangie, Gorilla Glue Forum Cut GSC.... and many others.....The Original IS Very, Very Powerful, and many didn't like it because it could drive your blood sugar levels to the ground, making many people sick, and Very Paranoid, and disoriented.

1988 version also came with a Warning about losing your SH**, and Ive seen it happen. Not often, but Ive NEVER seen another strain put people down like the Original 88 Release. Also made some people very sick, and many unable to drive because of paranoia.

You also didn't want to drive because it would make you get a huge headruch, lose your vision for a few seconds, and you would also get really dizzy. So it was very unsafe to drive and smoke. It also had a Very Yuuuuuge Lung Expansion, and you knew you were going to cough every hit.

Just wonder how this version compares?

Ive been growing the SSH, Critical Mass, Shit for several years now. And other growers strains.

Last edited by 59lespaul; 07-25-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:24 AM

I have recently purchased some MNS Nl5xHz as well as some of the same 1988(91?) vintage seedstock that you bought from Swami. I think it would be interesting to do a side-by-side grow of the two versions, which I may do for my next grow. I'm not sure the Swami gear at F5 will be anywhere near as good as the legendary F1s that were grown in 1991 or thereabouts. The current batch of seeds are from an open pollination, and the low germination rate of the F3 seeds after 25 years of storage means there weren't too many plants from which to select. I'm very interested to grow out these Nl5Hz seeds and see what kind of plants I get, or to see someone else do the same.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:12 PM

It was the original 88 release, but was bred by Clackamas Cootz in 91 ect. Ive also heard that this reincarnation, is as good as the original.

Every plant of this stuff I grew back in the 80-90s was a keeper plant. Really little variation as far as strength goes, and everything I bred it with became similarly potent.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:26 AM

2 weeks ago tomorrow ( Monday ) I popped 18 of the Swami NL5/Hz, and gave them to a friend. He cant germ worth a crap, so I started them and 18, out of 20 popped. Didn't really give the others much time to pop after all the others popped, and gave up on them as being to slow vs the others that came up. But 18 out of 20 is 90%.

Popped 12 Swami Blue Orca Haze. 10 popped.

Started 12 Hazeman 88 G13 x HP 10 came up.

All are healthy, and vegging under a 1000w Hortilux HPS, and 24 oz cups with Promix for seedlings, and veggies, with Coir, Lime, Micorrhizae, small amount of fert. Pretty light mix. I usually use the BX but they were out, and I tried this, and like it just as well.

Hopefull by Thanksgiving, or early Dec, they will be mostly done, though some of the NL5/Hz may go 85 days.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:34 AM

I would almost count on anything good in the Nl#5xHz taking at least 12 weeks. The best one I found back in around 94 was a 14+ weeker...now I realize it was so worth the wait...hindsight.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 PM

Yeah, I'm sure the more Haze type phenos will go 12+ weeks, But Ill have some of the 88 G13 x HP, and the Blue Orca done sooner.

I think the G/HP goes up to 70 days, and the BOH can go 56- 80.

Also these first 1s will be grown in 5 gal buckets, so I can try out multiples.
I usually grow large plants in 20 gal containers. 2 per 1000w Hortilux HPS, but will put 18 buckets under 2 1000W.

I'm also figuring 50/50 M/F. Ive got total 38 seedlings. 1/2 would be 19.

At least 10 clones will be taken off every plant ( 180-190 ) as 10 will populate a garden, and the best of each strain will be kept. The rest to another garden, if theyre worth keeping, of which I bet theres not a bad plant out of all of it. Just some better than others.

Just like Ive found in Mr Nice gear. Most all of it is pretty good stuff.