Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Neville's Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 10:19 AM

Default neville's haze indoor, about flowering stretch

[IMG][/IMG]

Hello !

i started to flower neville's haze cuttings, at 25 to 30 cm. What size could i expect them to be at harvest time at 16 weeks ?

then i didn't select this female specially for flowering time, but because she have very short internode and is quite resilient, so have connoisseurs of this strain any tips to estimate the right harvest time regarding trichomes appearance for a psychedelic / cerebral effect ?

I'm quite excited about this plant so really any interesting advice or tips will make my day
Old 10-22-2017, 02:01 PM

as nevil told me, wait for those glands to turn amber.
i think the plant he was referring to went about 80 days, and was not anything special.
but you cant tell that from pictures, only from smelling the plant in person.
so if you havent seen these cuts before, know that there is a chance for earlier plants.
that doesnt mean they will not be good, only that they will be earlier.
an earlier plant could be preferred as long as it still has the quality behind it.
might be a rare find though.

i think lighting will affect stretch, and maturity of the plant when it goes into flowering.
as a percentage, i flowered clones of my best nh (16 weeks) just as they rooted, and they went from about 4" to 16", so 400%.
i flowered the same cut at 3 weeks veg, maybe 2', and then they would finish about 6-7'
so closer to 300%. this was with pruning/topping, so a top will reach higher.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:49 AM

thx Jack for your advice

how many plants did you grew to find your best cutting ?

i didn't topped this female to look at the final size
Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 PM

My experience with sativas and heavy sativa leaning crosses is similar.

I would expect anywhere from 300-400% growth.

I have yet to see a sativa or sativa leaning hybrid that ends up below 3x the size it started. They really do stretch massively and people are serious when they say "flower directly from seedling if height is restricted" with these varieties.
On the flipside, Indicas and Indica leaning hybrids can "just" double in size and be done with it.

Must be a dream to grow outdoor.

Stay frosty Bro

Broseidon out
Old 10-24-2017, 03:56 PM

i started 5 seeds soon after receiving them.
2 males 3 females.
one female was interesting but a hermy,
one was sort of fast (80 days) and good density and resin, but bland flavor.
and the other one...well i just noticed there is a pick of it being used in the auction pics of NH. its the purple foxtailing big fluffy bud with the hps lighting. that stuff was pretty good. Thnking about it makes me want to get a few more packs and see what i can find.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:27 PM

hello guys, with a 300 to 400% stretch in flowering phase, what do you think is best ? 9 clones of 6-8 inches per square meter in 3 gallons pots when growing in soil ?
Old 10-25-2017, 03:33 AM

generally soil is cheap, seems best to use as large of containers as possible for the space you have. im sure 9 5 gallon buckets would fit.
height can be controlled with training and pruning, but it will still take some veg time to build a strong base, in order to have the plants actually yield well.
what i mean is you could have a tall skinny single stem plant that hits a certain height, but it will only have a few buds along its stem. with some plants that really like to stretch up, some effort may be needed to train/shape them to fill all the space they are given. this may require topping, which will temporarily slow the vertical growth and cause it to fill out around, but will also add more time in veg until a certain height is reached.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:33 AM

It also depends on your phenotype.

Certain phenotypes of any given strain will grow very bushy and others stretchy and lanky.

In my current run of CM I have a few of each.
A couple are very tall and lanky and have lots of space between nodes as well as very little growth along those nodes.
A few others are more bushy, less node spacing etc. but they also do not "fill in" very much and would have to veg considerably longer to truly have a bushy, filled in canopy.
And then there is the keeper group, which has basically developed "bushiness" from bottom to top and basically "filled in" the space they had.

Since this is my first time with a single strain and larger number of plants, I flower all of them and reserve judgement for after.

But the tall/stretchy, lanky, skinny phenos would have to produce exceptional quality buds, flavors, aromas etc. that would really have to blow me away in order for me to keep them.
Because as jack said, just from their structure, you know they can only yield a fraction of what the keeper class can.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:01 PM

so since 8 weeks the lady is flowering, i believe this will evolve ? it take a shape of ear of wheat
Old 12-19-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
It also depends on your phenotype.
But the tall/stretchy, lanky, skinny phenos would have to produce exceptional quality buds, flavors, aromas etc. that would really have to blow me away in order for me to keep them.
Because as jack said, just from their structure, you know they can only yield a fraction of what the keeper class can.

so this is the pheno that you talk about Broseidon

i liked this plant for the smelling print she did let on fingers when she was in vegetation. The smell is rare, with accent of fuel and shoe polish, exotic wood and spices. But yeah yield is not going to be extravagant.