Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Medicine man

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 AM

Default medicine man white ?

I just won this strain at auction but looking through here I did not notice the white pheno. is there some trick to make her white cause I've read you need to keep white/black widow in the dark the last 2 weeks or atleast cut the lights to 8 hours a day. I would love to get it white I haven't seen white weed since I was 14 years old (11 years ago) it was around the time white widow was winning the cups. but all the pics I've seen from growers on here the black widow and the med man aren't white like the weed I had at 14. now

has anyone here gotten a white plant from med man or what?
if so did you need to do anything special to make her white?
and when I say white I mean the stuff I had when I was 14 looked almost like a coating of cocaine. lol. I'm not sure the name of that strain though I assume it was white widow.

Last edited by bluntmassa; 07-15-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 PM

It's all in the genetics of the particular plant. You may need to pop hundreds of seeds in order to find that particular phenotpe.

Id assume, also, with a name like "Medicine Man White" it's a cross between MedMan and either "The White" or some other "White" strain.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 PM

I was just asking if anyone got a white pheno of med man not talking about a cross.lol

I just have not seen a post of a white pheno other than the pictures on the strain description.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 PM

Hi blunt,
I would expect to find white phenotypes in the Medicine Man, its a hybrid of the famed of White Widow which has been known to throw some extremely resinated varieties. I believe Med Man is MNS's first medically touted variety, with a reputation here in my neck of the woods that is next to no strain ever released commercially or otherwise. The more seeds you have, the more females you will naturally come across, and the more variety you will see in terms of selection. Sometimes the white pheno will be there, but you may find another pheno which smokes better or has some quality you find hard to resist. The trick is to find that 1 in 100 or 1,000 plant that has it all. Along the way you're going to find many, many plants which will make you stop and consider ending your search. Its up to you just how far you want to take it.

The most resinated variety I have seen out of the MNS camp is Shark Shock, supernatural resinated in fact. Extremely impressive line, and of course, a Widow hybrid like Medicine Man. Below is a picture of a selected MNS Black Widow from an individual known as Pacific.

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/1-about-w...ank-forum.html

Last edited by JessE; 07-26-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 AM

now thats what I'm talking about that plant looks awsome I hope I find a pheno like that I'll keep her till the day I die.

have you seen medicine man and/or shark shock get that white or just the black widow?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 AM

Hey blunt,
Well it can be difficult to predict what lay ahead in a pack of seed, because there are quite a few possibilities which can surface phenotype wise. I have indeed found very similar plants to Pacifics Widow in Shark Shock, however what part of that was consistency and luck may be difficult for me to answer because Ive only germed that one pack thus far. Very impressive line.

My experience with Med Man is more limited unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control, however I would say two or three packs of each would be sufficient enough numbers to really find a heck of resinated variety. Perhaps less, but these are definitely plants worth spending your time on. Incredibly under rated for legitimate legends.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM

thanks jesse
I guess if I don't find that pheno in the med man I'll probally grab shark shock when I see it in the spring cleaning at the auction. I've also heard someone say they liked shark shock better. but I hope I find a white indica dom pheno from my med man but I'm not stoping till I find a white girl something like that photo.

I also heard your soupose to either shut the lights off or cut to atleast 8 hours for the last 2 weeks for them to really pack on the white crystals. but thats on the description of white widow at attitude for greenhouse.
does that work the same for shantibaba's white strains too ?
or do they turn white on a regular 12/12 cycle ?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:01 AM

Hi blunt,
I have never noticed a significant increase in resin production after an extended dark period, though I have read similar advice in the past. Not all plants will exhibit the same resination qualities, even among closely related specimens, it seems to be phenotype related more so than anything else though I would definitely agree there are ways to maximize a plants potential through the standard conventional means (environment, feed, etc.) Though varieties such as Widow, NL5 etc. are well known for their potential compared to other varieties. If I had any additional advice with these lines it would be too be very patient with each individual plant, do not harvest them early. This will enable the plant to show her full potential.

Last edited by JessE; 07-28-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Peace yow,

i have been living with med man (girl i call her!! LOL)for nearly a year.

I had 3 and was lucky enough to get 1 wicked fem pheno, other two male. i had shark shock too but they turned out male(3 of them too).

As for whitening, the photo doesnt do justice and i will go pick a nugg and uplad a nice white bud 4 you. .

I personally have tried 24 hr amnd 48 hr blackout and IMHO it MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

It's all in the genetics if u ask me, but what do i know?

This much i do know, SHANTI DOES THE BEST SHIT. his genetics are spot on. easy to clone, grow, flower, everyting irey, yeah.

Stcik with the med gyaal, she wont let u down ( 9 weeks and u will have the most potent smoke; other time served tokers will weep when they try it, the flavour gets crazy spicey when dun in coco )
bro

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you,

then they fight you, then you win!"

Gandhi (1869-1948)
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I believe Med Man is MNS's first medically touted variety
well, white rhino - as it was called first, wasnt anything medically ... it got its reputations after shanti started his name game, and only bc the affy in it has this narcotic properties which go well with that bland tunnel vision flat low of the whites