Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Master Kush Skunk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 08:22 AM

Default Broseidon's MkxSKs (2) - What y'all think?

So this is a double post of sorts since I already posted this in Broseidon's Corner in the Indoor section.

But I thought I put some info into the Strain Base and see what people think of my pheno.

Without further ado, here they are at ~42 days:

This is the Indica-leaning pheno, short and stout.
It has matured fastest of all plants so far and at center mass of the top cola has AT LEAST 50% orange/brown hairs/pistils. Was close to chopping it already when I checked the trichs and discovered no amber, mostly clear, a few cloudy.
So it looks far advanced but still has time to ripen up.

The smell test revealed a truly disgusting odor. I had to pull my nose back the first time.
Something acrid, acidic, biting to the nose. At first I thought something along the lines of coffee but when I drove by a construction site this morning, I noted that the smell is much more close to tar.
When I spoke with ma gurl, I said the words "It smelled like old vomit" before thinking about it and was pleased at myself at how apt that description waas.

Really, really disgusting and off-putting. I frowned xD
Still, when I rubbed my hands after touching the bud, it had the well-known "weed smell" more than anything but smelling at the cola gave me that disgusting tar/vomit smell.
Let's see how she will smoke but certainly nothing sweet about it.

The Sativa-leaning pheno.
Can't say much about it so far aside from it being VERY sativa, foxtail buds and huge stretch and all.
Love the growth structure and all, no knowledge on smells etc. yet.
Let's see what comes from it.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
...Was close to chopping it already when I checked the trichs and discovered no amber, mostly clear, a few cloudy.
So it looks far advanced but still has time to ripen up.

The smell test revealed a truly disgusting odor. I had to pull my nose back the first time.
Something acrid, acidic, biting to the nose. At first I thought something along the lines of coffee but when I drove by a construction site this morning, I noted that the smell is much more close to tar.
When I spoke with ma gurl, I said the words "It smelled like old vomit" before thinking about it and was pleased at myself at how apt that description waas.

Really, really disgusting and off-putting. I frowned xD
Still, when I rubbed my hands after touching the bud, it had the well-known "weed smell" more than anything but smelling at the cola gave me that disgusting tar/vomit smell.
Let's see how she will smoke but certainly nothing sweet about it...
Nice pics bro. Keep your lights a fair distance to minimize new pistil growth and finish. These indies can sometimes be off putting, smelling quite rank at times. It is amazing what a cure will do for this as well as taste and effect- tho I still have some bottles of acridness I can't argue with the toxicity You will find earth and coffee here. It is an excellent alternative to the sweet smelling varieties (botanicare esters?) which I've longed grown tired of. I love this variety!

Cool runnin braddah
M
Old 11-21-2016, 08:00 PM

baby shit smell is one I often find in indy doms pre cure. That sat lady looks nice. Old MK from 80s always had a very distinct flavor but not a foul one. The highs tended to be pretty mellow for me but always good yielders.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:24 PM

Looking good Broseidon, MK can have some unique smells what sets it apart is the quality of the high. Killer.
You are developing well grasshopper...
Old 11-22-2016, 09:01 AM

Chopped the indy pheno.

Didn't manage to take pics. Hands got all gooey from taking off the big fan-leaves, couldn't be bothered to keep taking the gloves on and off

Smells as rank as ever but in the drying chamber the Critical Mass seems to dominate the smell.

Looks very pretty if you ask me, cola the size of my forearm. Dense and thick, just a little lacking frost-wise. Let's see how long until I can trim her up and put her in the curing jar.

The Sat pheno is developing some brown hairs but is still a ways from finishing. Looks like it will go 70+ days. Getting really fat, had to tie up her cola a second time as it was leaning over even though it was already on a leash.

Can't increase distance from light unfortunately. Thing got too tall
Old 11-22-2016, 11:11 PM

Damn some guys have all the fun
I'm sitting here watchin Shogun's Assassin and drooling thinking about the MKS.
Smooth, earthy, satisfying full smoke reminds me of Yenidje

Aloha brah
M
Old 11-23-2016, 07:27 AM

Bros,

since I chopped 3 of the plants, I have more space now and could better reach the tall pheno of MKS and looked at it under the microscope.
Mostly cloudy, still lots of clear heads though.

But when I rubbed my fingers over the microscope to roughly wipe off the resin from touching the plant, I was really pleasantly surprised.

The plant has developed a strong and pronounced and very pleasant smell!
The first thing that came to my mind was "sweet and fruity" but that wasn't quite it.
Something like Wintergreen Altoids I would say!

But pleasant, on the sweet side definitely. My most favorite smell so far from this round, by far!

Really snuck up on me as she was so far in the corner and developed smell late but woah, this might be the actual keeper from this round.
I men the plant is going definitely above 63 days, likely about 70 but holy moly that plant was on par with the CM veg wise and the bud development has been superior to all plants, just taking much longer. She will yield the most, by far.

And now the smell is coming through so awesomely. Really looking forward the most of all to this plant now. Even the C99 E is not as interesting to me anymore. I mean it is still packed with resin and all, the side-buds are now twisting from weight but there is almost no smell. If you rub the resin between your fingers it smells like your average "weed" smell but nothing pronounced and when you take your nose to the plant, nothing. Kind of like gras or something ,very neutral.

The MKS A (sativa pheno) smells awesome through and through and the resin production is there too and the side buds are large and omg I love this plant.
Can't wait for it.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:03 AM

Nice dude!

I was secretly rooting for that pheno. I can't wait to hear the smoke review! Even if it is later than the rest

She certainly does look great in the picture above.

Keep up the good work

Jake

Obey the nature of things, and you will walk freely and undisturbed.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:43 AM

She's also really packing on the weight.

I would say the cola is double the size of the above pic by now.

Will take pics when I get around to it.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
She's also really packing on the weight.

I would say the cola is double the size of the above pic by now.

Will take pics when I get around to it.
Nice MKS Broseidon! Did you have anymore pics of these? Or get to sample some cured bud yet?

Id love to grow a massive seed run of this line and see what comes up.