Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Mango Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2017, 12:46 AM

Default Mango Haze 2017

Hello all,

This is my first time growing out Mr. Nice gear from seed. Looking forward to the journey and it's challenges. Figured Mango Haze would be appropriate considering the warm temperatures coming our way.

Regards,
TN

Pictured are the Mango Haze seeds purchased from MN Auctions. Planted today in soil.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:57 AM

Hell of a way to start man! I still haven't grown this line but it's of legendary status, the kings don't dissapoint!

Best of luck, I'm subbed for the ride... Moar pics please!
Old 03-12-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheavy420 View Post
Hell of a way to start man! I still haven't grown this line but it's of legendary status, the kings don't dissapoint!

Best of luck, I'm subbed for the ride... Moar pics please!
Topheavy420,

Once they're up and out I'll begin documenting their progress..glad to have you along for their show.

I did upload some shots from the previous cycle. SSH and Nl5Hz hybrid by Dynasty Genetics called Super Silver Cough as well as shots of the Gorilla Glue 4 (clone only). They were cool plants but still not exactly anything I'd keep, had 5 seeds and got 3 females just barely a peek into the Dynasty cross. Everything ran 12 weeks.

Glue took up the footprint, and the seed plants were grown in the tent corners with the least light intensity.

Super Silver Cough 1

Super Silver Cough 3

GG4

Regards,
TN
Old 03-12-2017, 03:32 PM

Nice one! Looking forward to seeing your results! Great pictures b.t.w, your plants look awesome! Unfortunately we don't have access to the clone only here in Australia.. Would love to try them someday! S
.........................Terence McKenna..............................
Old 03-13-2017, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensient View Post
Nice one! Looking forward to seeing your results! Great pictures b.t.w, your plants look awesome! Unfortunately we don't have access to the clone only here in Australia.. Would love to try them someday! S
Sensient,

Don't feel like you're missing out much with 99.9% of the clone only stuff you hear about floating around...the real gems are few out there.

How's the climate in your area down in Aus? With these Mango Haze I'll never see their full potential indoors, but this will be somewhat of a glimpse.

Regards,
TN
Old 03-14-2017, 12:41 AM

I've grown out Mango Haze twice and Neville's Haze a few more than that. Mango is a very nice strain to grow and smoke. I don't know but I may have a grow log of the MH here.

Best of luck with your grow.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 AM

Germination so far - they seem to be taking a few days to poke through the soil, but are breaking through. Should have some shots within the next few days of some babies..

I'm growing out 4 seeds in a NC-20 (15 gal) of 3rd year recycled soil. Inside a 5x5ft tent, 400w HPS soon to be MH for the fresh cycle. They will be in 12/12 from seed.

Regards,
TN
Old 03-19-2017, 02:13 PM

Err on the side of caution when it comes to size. Inside of a tent i would top them twice for four main colas and flip them before they are 12" tall. This will maximise your production per floor area whilst keeping them below 6 foot tall. The problem that many have with the haze crosses is they grow them too long as an untopped plant before putting into flower. IME they strech like hell and you end up with alot of stem in an overcrowded grow space. Good luck
Old 04-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Heck, professor, I am growing ssh and mango and I sure wish I saw your advice! I am still somewhat new and I have my oversights.

I did not prune.

I started with 6 of each and after removing males, have 3 ssh and 5 mango haze. Two ssh's are about 7 feet tall.

One other thing. The mango hazes are not nearly as flowered as the super silver hazes.

Tony
Old 04-13-2017, 12:11 AM

Hi o2b,
You are not alone there my friend, I think most of us learn the hard way with hazes. I recently had SSH that I flipped at 12 inches tall grow into a huge trees over 8ft tall and just as wide at last count. Google nugbuckets method for mainlining seedlings. I find it an excellent method to use on hazes, it just seems to really keep them under control and makes an excellent structure for them to yield well. I now use this method on all of my seedlings.