Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > La Niña

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2020, 09:52 AM

Default MadNina

Hi Mr. Nice Family!

In this topic i`ll try to keep you guys updated about my grow experiences with MNS varieties, the MadNina project, I`ve been busy and alot of nice work passed the grow room without real time to shoot some decent pics and share
it over here. I did made some pics now and then and will drop some off those over here. There`s also done some upgrades to the grow room, that i like to discuss later on. I`m still working on my quest for that special couchlock hybrid.
And actually allready found what im looking for... it`s a mix off 1/3 MedicineMan with 2/3 LaNina into a spliff So my thoughts where i have to work my way around to get the species crossed and find me just that recipe in the plants.
So at first i figured i wanted to find me some more Mullumbimby Madness to throw into the mix, the species itself i could not find anywhere. I did manage to get me some NH21xMM and MMxKush. But when they arrived at me i started thinking
what i was getting myself into, crossing one of those with the laNina to double up on the MMadness.
after finding me what im looking for and not even sure yet what that exactly would be, i would wanna cross it with MedicineMan or
what i like to call it MadMan. I started to reallize that this project is going to take more then a few months, it would be more likely years to work it out perfectly.
For sure it would grow above my head, and i still need to keep producing something decent to smoke aswell.
So i had to re-organize my plans and take a step back. The LaNina and MedicineMan are allready masterpieces like they are now, so let me first go pheno hunting, tying to find that special woman in the LN and hit her with some nice stud from the
MM line try to work my way up and succeed in making F3 out off both lines. Build up more experience as i go, and create my own MadNina.

So to get you guys up to speed i`ll line up the varieties that passed the room lately:

MasterKush Skunk
MedicineMan
Super Silver Haze
Angel Heart
SuperSilverHaze x Widow
NL5/Afghan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of them are welcome back except for Masterkushskunk she`s a strong indica smoke but also a real stinker.. so much my whole house smelled like it and friends that visited me could smell it at the front door so no more stinky kush
for me. Also the NL5/af isnt it for me, she grows well but just not a fan off the Hightimes she gave, and a quick tolerance build up aswell. Since the medicineman past my grow space i started wondering about Afghan Haze that she
could be a interesting variation to give a try. She will be thrown into the mix too as i go and find space to fit her in. Main project will be MedicineMan and laNina. And on the side i`ll fit in some off those specials ive laying around.

now im back to growing my favourite, LaNina!! the beans spend alot of time reaching me but finally they did! More on them in the next post!

greetzz
Old 03-26-2020, 04:40 PM

Hey Byorn,

Interesting and ambitious project you are embarking upon...good hunting! I'll be very interested to see what you turn out. Your grows are beautiful! Best of luck.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:33 PM

Very cool, very interested how this turns out keep us updated when you have the time. The LaNina looks awesome looking forward to growing some out myself one day, so many strains to grow only 1 lifetime to grow them !

Happy Hunting brother!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:55 AM

Wow, such a nice greenery

Good project, Iam yet to discover Widow lines from MNS, am already waiting on my season start.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Most of them are welcome back except for Masterkushskunk she`s a strong indica smoke but also a real stinker.. so much my whole house smelled like it and friends that visited me could smell it at the front door so no more stinky kush for me.
Not the majority of the MKSk are stinkers...in fact the more stinking ones are those leaning heavily on the Sk side. Got one I kept for years which was the closest to the ExCh cut I ever found...but the more sativish ones were not at all stink and were the best in terms of quality of the high.Still one of the best strain from the MNS camp in my book, hope to conduct new runs of selection in the future...if I stay alive till then....

Good luck in your project.

Peace.

‎قەشقەر

Last edited by Paky One; 03-28-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:35 PM

Hey braddah!

It's good to have you back on the boards It will be great to see you killin' the La Nina once again. She really is a special plant with unique characteristics. Such a fine high coming from a reasonably short-maturing sativa! And then the powerhouse that is Medicine Man In fact, made more oil yesterday from this excellent medicinal strain. Might as well start making and storing meds for the coming "winter". I think I'll call it "martial law oil" ha.

I like your line of reasoning re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byorn View Post
...So i had to re-organize my plans and take a step back. The LaNina and MedicineMan are allready masterpieces like they are now, so let me first go pheno hunting, tying to find that special woman in the LN and hit her with some nice stud from the MM line try to work my way up and succeed in making F3 out off both lines...
Some of my best crosses have come from the La Nina and Medicine Man lines- both mated to my sour diesel. Yesterday, after maiking oil, I pulled out seeds of both crosses to go with the Ortega and Ort/ACDC I have decided to grow (while waiting for the new Shanti offerings hehee) I've probably said this before about the Widow line; all the ladies derived therefrom glisten like diamonds upon maturity. They do not disappoint.

Good hunting!

Shaka
Mu
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

Hi Mr Nice Fam,

Mark, thanks for dropping by, and thanks for the support! Best of luck to you aswell my friend.

Dkeppel, Always think of your name as Dr.Keppel mind fucks me everytime lol. Thanks for dropping in
I`m sure One day you`ll grow the LaNina and will be as satisfied with it as most people are!

P3Ci, Thanks Bro! Its the genetics that do the most of the shining here. Can`t go wrong with the widow
fam. Ive tryed several hybrids of mns and not diasspointed at all! i still have to try MangoWidow.

Paky, You could be right, it does depend on wich phenos that show up. Out of 8 girls i only had one that
didnt stink at all and had an more uplifting high also, futher she pretty much looked like the others
stokky indicas, fat nuggets. Heavy smoke, liked by my friend so he took all of it with him to his house
now his wife is nagging me about the smell Keep your hopes up bro, you will go hunting for that
special lady agin! Thanks for stopping by.

Musashi, Thank you brother! ive never left, just lurking from the shadows. still its nice to be back at it!
You`re right about the LaNina a very
special girl if you can apreciate what she brings to the table. And i do, alot! Special taste to it ive
never run into before. its nothing like what they call haze over here. But thats also clouded as most
that i know only rekkon haze when it smells like the Amnesia or silverhaze cut that dominates the dutch
scene. To me its special to know that there is no Skunk or Northernlights in this hybrid, i think thats
pretty unique. As the majority ive grow up with always had one of the two on board. Except the widow cut
that was hot in the 90`s but of that one im not sure where it originated from, i like to believe its a
pheno found in shantis gear.
Nice name for the Oil! Must be pretty potent stuff coming from the MedicineMan. Good to read your crosses
where succesfull ones! Im really excited about what i will find on my way!

================================================== ================================================== ==============
================================================== ================================================== ==============

So lets talk about some laNinas, Ive put 9 seeds in paper towel and 7 of them sprouted. They have been grown for
4,5 weeks under 50w cob led until they showed sex, and also the MadMan round had to be completed aswell.
All healthy plants, ended up with 3 girls, 3guys and a overgrown runt. The 3 girls i kept and the others got discarded.
Thats also nice with laNina, if you grow them until they show sex they do not tend to stretch to crazy when going
into flower. Can`t do it with mangohaze for instance, they will overgrow my room. I`m happy with these three girls
when looking at their structure and feeding needs, me think.. they are phenos that will go 9,5-11 weeks. Im looking for
those that will go up to 12weeks, and hopefully have alot mullem that shines trough. i took some clones but wont show them..
they look like i need some more practising its a good exercise for me getting used again to cutting clones, and
nursing them.

One week later............................................. ....................Two weeks later............................................. .....................................start of flower

I still have to fix me a male chamber of sorts.
a small cabinet should be fine for this i hope, as i probably wont be holding on to them after ive got their pollen.
I like to keep plant numbers as low as possible. That also a thing i`m working on, want to build a tiny clone/start-up
box thinking about a pc case, or atleast something that gets overseen if the popo show up. With clones the numbers
add up to quick. allready got some parts underway. Lets see if i still can build a micro setup, ive started my career as
micro grower it`s cool to get back there, now with other intentions and better funding. Would be nice to hide away
10 rooting clones or some poped up seeds. More on this later on.

I just started up a new batch of seeds and theres one with slightly more sativa leaning leaves at the first set, so got
my eye on that one. Just having a new phone with better camera(s) so hopefully pictures will improve from now on. I try to be
on top of them from the first set of leaves, to get an idea what to expect in growth and flower. To me this is getting to
know my girls from every aspect and learn as much as possible about them. Like you get to explore the hot twin sister
and find out where she differs from the other sis. So much fun times ahead!

For the next post i like to discuss some growroom upgrades and some safety features that come along with it. So stay tuned!

take it easy peepz! Greetzzz