Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor > Grow room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagh View Post
I've used Hortilux 1k Super HPS, from research I've done it seemed to be the best at the time. Since then EYE Hortilux released the 1k Super Blue which is a Dual Arc Bulb, containing both HPS and MH, I plan on getting these in the future though they are a little pricier.

From my research many people agree both MH and HPS are most productive when used together during flowering.

When I buy the bulb I'll have to do a test against my 1K Hortilux Blue for veg, then the 1K Super HPS for flower see what's best.
do you not think it would have been figured out years and years ago as many many ppl were low on cash and used thier mh during flower because they were short on funds and couldnt afford an extra hps

full spectrum is fine for veg and flower but nowhere near fine for either when compairing to MH alone in veg and hps in flower , the ppl claiming great results are either too proud to admit thier screwup or dont realise thier better results actually came because of a couple or few other changes they made ,,, we would have figured this out in the 70's if it were true , SO STAY WITH MH FOR VEG AND HPS FOR FLOWER !
Old 12-21-2010, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
do you not think it would have been figured out years and years ago as many many ppl were low on cash and used thier mh during flower because they were short on funds and couldnt afford an extra hps

full spectrum is fine for veg and flower but nowhere near fine for either when compairing to MH alone in veg and hps in flower , the ppl claiming great results are either too proud to admit thier screwup or dont realise thier better results actually came because of a couple or few other changes they made ,,, we would have figured this out in the 70's if it were true , SO STAY WITH MH FOR VEG AND HPS FOR FLOWER !
So you're saying that MH are better for veg, and HPS better for flowering. Care to elaborate why? Additionally, there's no hybrid bulbs that can do both with overall more efficiency? Or a HPS/CMH that has a specrum that can also do both?
Old 12-21-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
...the ppl claiming great results are either too proud to admit thier screwup or dont realise thier better results actually came because of a couple or few other changes they made ,,, we would have figured this out in the 70's if it were true , SO STAY WITH MH FOR VEG AND HPS FOR FLOWER !
I'll show you pictures of amazing buds that were flowered under a MH. There are so many different bulbs on the market I think it's hard to say there is only one way to do it.

These photos were posted by Rolan Terroy, cultivation editor of Skunk mag. I'm pretty sure he didn't screw up and accidentally make these buds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zlqm2x.jpg (89.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2ebs9cj.jpg (87.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg szeesx.jpg (101.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewD View Post
So you're saying that MH are better for veg, and HPS better for flowering. Care to elaborate why? Additionally, there's no hybrid bulbs that can do both with overall more efficiency? Or a HPS/CMH that has a specrum that can also do both?
sure they can do both , but they cant do both as well as they should

ive explained my opinion/experiences so im just gunna shut up now because no 1 listens anyway
Old 12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green 4 Good View Post
I'll show you pictures of amazing buds that were flowered under a MH. There are so many different bulbs on the market I think it's hard to say there is only one way to do it.

These photos were posted by Rolan Terroy, cultivation editor of Skunk mag. I'm pretty sure he didn't screw up and accidentally make these buds.
lovely buds , too bad they werent flowerd under hps though cause wow if thats under mh then just imagine what could have been

as i said though in my last post ,,, "ive explained my opinion/experiences so im just gunna shut up now because no 1 listens anyway"
Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 PM

I'm listening. Before I spend 5K on my room, best to do the homework.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
lovely buds , too bad they werent flowerd under hps though cause wow if thats under mh then just imagine what could have been

as i said though in my last post ,,, "ive explained my opinion/experiences so im just gunna shut up now because no 1 listens anyway"
I'll agree you have a valid point because you are speaking from experience. I still don't totally agree, but I haven't tested both either. Here is the article on lighting I was talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lighting 1.jpg (529.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg lighting 2.jpg (584.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg lighting 3.jpg (621.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
I have used these from start to finish and have amazing green lush growth, tight internodes robust flowering and great smoke. The thing about the new lamps compared to the standard HPS is that the spectrum that is emitted is more usable by the plant. ie, the plant can absorb a greater percent of the emitted spectrum compared to standard HPS or MH. Hence, increased effeciency! I think the "full spectrum" lights are not ideal for flowering...great for veg, I'd rather use a standard HPS over a full spectrum bulb for flower. However, that being said I prefer 3K CMH or 3K Sunpulse PSMH lamps for flowering over a standard HPS. The PSMH lamps come in 3K (most red of then all), 4K, 6,4K and 10K (almost straight UV). Sunpulse has recommendations of when to use each bulb, but if you don't want to drop several hundred on bulbs just go with the 3K!

The GE lights only go up to 400W so I prefer using the 600W PSMH from Sunpulse. More efficient e-ballast which the bulb is designed to work with, MUCH cooler temps and absolutely outstanding results.

Others will disagree, but that's ok. I have looked at the science behind the lights...I grew for about 16 years with MH for veg and HPS for flower...now I use the new technology. I like them so much since I bought my first CMH, I bought 1 more and then I bought two 600W, 3K PSMH lamps.

Cheers,

Sensi13

http://www.gelighting.com/na/busines...heet_90445.pdf

http://genet.gelighting.com/LightPro...DUCTCODE=29377
that makes sence

i like thier choices of k ratings and could see me buying a 3k and a 10k

its nice to have that selection and not be stuck with someone claiming a new super bulb that sticks you with a stupid spectrum that wont veg or flower all that great but will do both somewhat

ive seen way too many ppl in forums getting sucked into the shitty full spectrum bulbs by good salesmen and thier bs hype
Old 12-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

hell yeah , a results comparism report would be sweet

as of now if i were to buy the 2 bulbs i mentioned buying id only use the 10k for vegging

but lets wait n see your results
Old 12-22-2010, 01:50 PM

well i can speak from experience regarding the ballast...you have two options either the magnetic ballast or the digital ballasts...the digitals have fans which cool the ballast creating a longer life span for the actual system...also the digitals are much more effecient in terms of output because the digitals put out light at much greater speeds than the magnetic ballast...the lights blink when they are on (so fast that the human eye can't see the pulsations) but from everything i've been told by the guy at my grow store the digitals blink about 40% more than the magnetic ballasts thus providing better lighting to the plant...sorry i need to find an article i had describing the changes...also my yields have increased since i have changed to a 600w hps hortilux as it has a bit more in the blue spectrum allowing for less stretch and tighter node regions with buds more tight than under any other hps light i've used in the past but before my hortilux i would just by my hydro stores generic versions

Last edited by dogthebountyhunter; 12-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.