Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor > Grow room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Default Co2 question

if reports are correct (and I'm sure they are) Co2 is an amazing addition to any grow... now the welders bottles and parafin heaters scare me a little (safety and lack of knowledge) and they're quite expensive. I saw someone was using this product in a micro set up and wondered what you guys thought...

useful or useless?

http://www.zooplus.nl/shop/vissen/te...ducenten/71284
Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Default Why not???

Hey Jamie, this may well be worth checking out, as long as you have the right temp to make the best use of it, any extra CO2 is going to help, and as these things cost as little as $8 for the smallest version i would say it merits a proper look at, if you grow in a small tent/cabinet i imagine you'd get the best results, have you looked into making your own using CO2 using, bi-carb, vinegar, yeast etc?, as your link was in some strange language where a shopping trolly is a 'winkelwagon' i had a look round and on this site here you can see you need very little equipment to make yourself one, i tell you what, if it turned out to be small for a grow space i bet it would be great in a prop tray while you root clones, i know of growers who use carbonated water to spray clones and swear they get cuttings 2 or 3 days faster. Food for thought Jamie, good post! Pep.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 PM

hehe I live in a land of strange language and "winkelwagens" - on the plus side you can drop a little herb into your winklewagen and its ok

I'll check out the link. good thinking on the use for clones. I can already see me making one of those "rubbermaid (they mean tupperware) bubble cloners

cheers
j
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 PM

Talking Dont winkel your wagon

HaHa, I'm just showing it to my friend who is one of the carbonated water users, he tells me he uses a 'Soda Stream' to make his own now and he says yours would be perfect as it gives a constant supply as opposed to spraying every few hours for a week, makes sense to me, i think i will get a little one and run a side by side because i will be doing some cuts very soon, i'll use two prop tray's/ rubbermaids, one with and one without Co2, you may have come up with a real aid to clones if not to larger grow areas Jamie, neat! Pep
Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM

co2 is only effective if you have everything in the grow is dailed in perfect - tem/hum/ nutes/ect.. if one of them is out of wack then co2 will not be that effective i.e 20-40% faster growth will not be seen, its best left for thouse who have sealed -enclosed computer operated grow shows IMHO. I have a co2 generator that i have not used in 5 years after i read a few books on it and the ideal inviroment you have to create to make it worth while was to much for me. i gave up using co2 because if it was more hassle than the worth. i have not seen any difference in the yield using it or not, infact it may have got more as a result of not using it. keeping the temps down when the fans would shut off so as to keep the co2 in the room is impossable with out air con so the fans would switch on at 90f after only being off for 1minute then switch back on wasting the CO2 almost immediately you are better off adding more light and more/bigger fan to deal with the extra heat that will yeild more bud than you would from using CO2 unless you have a fully fitted out laboratory for your grow room. a small grow room its not realy worth adding CO2 unlike a green house full of plants then every little bit will make a big difference over all.
These plants are sacramental and protected by international law under The European Convention on Human Rights. Article 9 The United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. Article 18,"Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion As an officer of the law you have a duty to uphold my human rights
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 PM

Default Agreed

I do agree with you Mr green, as i was saying it may be of help in a small tent and you have to have the right temp or it is not effective, if you could remove the lamp heat without removing the Co2 as in an air cooled unit it could improve yields in a tent/cab but would take some work to get 'ideal' conditions, however i do think it could help in the speed of cloning, as you have a 'sealed unit' and its warm etc, it may be a winner there, i will certainly give it a try and run a side by side as soon as my girls are ready to take some cuts, i have never used it in a grow situation as my room is in a windowless basement and the door is wide open to supply fresh air, my friend who sprays his clones with Co2 water is adamant it cuts 2 or 3 days off the rooting time and earlier was prepared to bet me an once he is correct, as this guy's family invented wire fighting over a penny i am inclined to believe it is true, well i'll know soon either way Mr G, Pepè
Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 PM
SativaFan

You need to learn how to do a simple grow before you try CO2.

Mr Green is right on IMO.

SativaFan
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaFan View Post
You need to learn how to do a simple grow before you try CO2.

Mr Green is right on IMO.

SativaFan
Very fair comment!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Default homemade Co2

hey guys thought i'd give you my thoughts on using Co2
for a start there is no need to spend loads o' money as I will demonstrate

Co2 is only consumed during lights on, the plants do not use
any when the lights are off
for a small grow space say a 1.2x1.2x2.0m tent a homemade job
will do the trick so what do you need

1 x gallon jar with lid with a small hole punctured in it to release the Co2
1 x bag of sugar
2 x packets dry yeast (for bread making)

put four small cups of sugar in a bowl add a small amount of boiling water
and stir to dissolve ALL the sugar once this is done allow to cool
once cool add mixture to the 1 gallon jar then add the 2 packets of dried yeast, place lid on top, cover the hole and give it a good shake to mix then place the jar in a dark warm cupboard overnight next day take it to the growroom shake it well and place it in the middle of the growroom everytime you visit give it a shake it will last about 4 days then you just repeat the process as needed

this is what works for me anyway and I hope it helps
and if it's good enough for DJ Short then it's good enough for me

take care

dragon
It shined in you all the time.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:09 PM

dragon

may mate tried it few times , know it produces co2 but he didn't see any results perhaps this was due to the fact that he has good ventilation and uses strong fans that refresh all the room air every 2-3 mins