Late outdoor clone pot sizing

Elpolloloco

Hello,

Long time admirer of mns here; unfortunately I wasn’t able to get Mns gear in time so
I settled for some Casey Jones clones. they are about 1 ft tall vegging and I just finished hardening them off. I’m lookin for some advice on grow bag size for transplanting them outside but since it’s so late in the season, i don’t want to go too big and waste money on soil but also want them to flourish as much as possible. I’m in a Mediterranean climate that will be quite hot for the next month or two so it will be irrigated and I believe outdoors here most grows are starting to flower this week if not already flowering. I will use fox farms soil.

Im thinking 10 gallon since they will start flowering fairly soon, but here for suggestions so let me know your thought! Hopefully next season will try some mns haze outdoors! Cheers and best wishes to all

Hello,

Long time admirer of mns here; unfortunately I wasn’t able to get Mns gear in time so
I settled for some Casey Jones clones. they are about 1 ft tall vegging and I just finished hardening them off. I’m lookin for some advice on grow bag size for transplanting them outside but since it’s so late in the season, i don’t want to go too big and waste money on soil but also want them to flourish as much as possible. I’m in a Mediterranean climate that will be quite hot for the next month or two so it will be irrigated and I believe outdoors here most grows are starting to flower this week if not already flowering. I will use fox farms soil.

Im thinking 10 gallon since they will start flowering fairly soon, but here for suggestions so let me know your thought! Hopefully next season will try some mns haze outdoors! Cheers and best wishes to all
Depending on the size of container they are in now. I would believe a 7 or even a 5 would be sufficient . And frequent watering should not be a problem seeing that you will be irrigating your plants.

Be careful if you're using straight foxfarms soil.
It's good soil, but it takes quite a bit of 'doctoring' to run well.
See this thread and scroll down a bit to see my specific doctoring to foxfarm soil to get the best out of it.

Depending on the size of container they are in now. I would believe a 7 or even a 5 would be sufficient . And frequent watering should not be a problem seeing that you will be irrigating your plants.
Thanks for the quick reply Island Grower; that sounds good and i will try to show some pics once they are set up.

See this thread and scroll down a bit to see my specific doctoring to foxfarm soil to get the best out of it.
[/QUOT
N2, thanks for the link and the recipe; if I read correctly no need to ph my tap water on that formula? That alone would be a game changer. I have a rain barrel set yo with drip emitters and will use tap water and not adding nutrients throughout sounds nice as well. Thanks!

PH'ing water is where everyone screws the pooch.
I've owned numerous PH testers and have never seen one I'd trust.
Dolomite lime (or agricultural lime) is all the PH remedy you need...and it doesn't take much.
The normal wet/dry cycles of soil correct most anything PH related and the lime does the rest.

Thanks N2. I bet, as fast food goes it’s tasty and fairly healthy; in the meantime have some cheese curds for me!

Back