C5 day 118.

I've grown this cut since the early 90's, long before Nev moved to Amsterdam so itis definitely not a later selection. They held much, much more cuts than just the HPH and AG13. This is not hearsay, i was there...
Yes i know they had the A5 , Nevil and maybe others but never the C5 from what i read and heard from others ? .
I know all about the Haze selections and followed Haze work for 20 years and read and sampled everything i could including all the famous cuts held by south crew

Maybe it is hard for non Dutch to understand but Dutch Haze history is not centered around Amsterdam. Amsterdam was very late to the show.
There is 2 sides to this dutch story
The South work Nevil did
And the work Nevil did after he parted ways with the South crew , people need to understand that also.
The south crew and Nevil parted ways 20 years plus ago and didnt work with Nevil after he left for dam from what i was aware.
So are you from Amsterdam or the south crew.
Because if the South then do you know of Nevils work from when he left the south for dam and made Haze famous there more than in the South , the old Haze was famous in the south but what made Haze a household name was more his work after he left for Amsterdam

Maybe it is hard for non Dutch to understand but Dutch Haze history is not centered around Amsterdam. Amsterdam was very late to the show.
So how come the south crew are just making some noise over the last x years , where were they the last 30 years ? .
Nevil was making noise since he started this Haze craze in the 80's and was still making waves untill he left Amsterdam for Auz, and even his return before he passed ( RIP) has produced plants than can hang with any of the famous slelections from Nevil in the late 80's( and i dont say that lightly as some are in my favourites of all time) and these new X's Nevil made are some of the best Haze's ive ever seen , and im just started searching in these and much more searching to do.

Another thing i see is Nevil didnt care about credit on alot of things , he more wanted the cheque so alot of other people and companys over the years took the credit or stretched the truth etc etc.

Last edited:
So are you from Amsterdam or the south crew.
Because if the South then do you know of Nevils work from when he left the south for dam and made Haze famous there more than in the South
True, but name me 1 shop in the Dam that listed at least 5 of Nev's Haze crosses on their menu at any given time in the 2000's Pro tip, you cant.
More famous? Yeah sure. But if his newer work was better, then why is everyone and his momma from the Dam always after these older cuts?

I've grown this cut since the early 90's, long before Nev moved to Amsterdam so itis definitely not a later selection. They held much, much more cuts than just the HPH and AG13. This is not hearsay, i was there...

Yes i dont doubt that you grown it since then , but you know when Nevil left the south for dam he started more seeds and had new selections that he worked with for the next decade plus

Lol...

By 1986 Nevil was already working in Nijmegen.

Last edited:
Just a thought. Wasnt the cutting shanti dubbed the mango actually found in Amsterdam around 94-95 and the c5 1 found when at the castle (im assuming that was in a different area to breda). From what I know nevil progeney tested thousands of nl5 haze cuttings.
All i know is this was and still is called C5 mango. Ask Sammy and he will say the same. And it is not bleachy smelling lol.

NH21 x MML i have these in my freezer! together with MM x Kush and MM x thai78.. i will not touching them for the next years to come tho.. got no place for these monsters and would have too pluck away from the packs one by one, and that won`t do the seeds any justice if no selections where made.

I`m curious about the C5 cut(region Arnhem) im offered, they say it`s a 9,5 weeker. Ive smoked some of it and it deff got that haze smell and taste. Taste wise It`s not far from the SSH that was for sale in the dutch shops late 90`s and early 2000 a little less sour. effects are more hybrid than sativa.

also Heard rumours that an original c5 cut got crossed with g13 haze and these came from it.

There is the old Nevil work and the new Nevil work and to to me both some of the best to ever be seen by the world
I agree, that's why we still keep her around.
The cut has long retired, as have her old ass growers.
I just still love to take her out of the closet once in a while to have one more dance with her and fill up my jars.
Brings me back to the 90's when we were still young and stupid.
Badfish by Sublime on the background, the smell of C5 mango filling the air..

The lineage I've found for outback haze is f1 (78Thia x NH21) x nh36. OJD selected an F2 NH21 x MML male which he is testing right now put to the outback haze as well as other of Nevil's and Kanga's haze work in Oz. I think I remember reading that the Swiss Thai was considered by Nevil to be too long flowering?

I got some testers from OJD of his NH21 x MML (L means longer flowering) male to Outback haze #1 (primal pheno) and #2 (grail pheno) as well as to the Swiss Thai Nevil and to NH18 x MM. If anyone can point me to a source of information about these various NH and MM selections, ideally with pics, I'd be grateful. I'm growing them along with some Vietnam in my first attempt to use organic soil. For now it's just simple compost sourced directly from the garden of @BuzzardsBay. They're all super vigorous; here they are ~8 days after germinating. The Vietnam in the green pots have a 24-hour head start. The Outback Haze are in the middle column.

IMG_20210808_102656838.jpg

OJD is really going above and beyond in an effort to get Nevil's Magnum Opus out into the community; all haze lovers owe him a debt of gratitude. I really appreciate his generosity.

Back