Male?

All of the plants in my garden are polyhybrids but they will all be hit with Early Queen pollen.

I personally wouldn’t call the resulting seeds F2, and I realize the offspring will be all over the place
I’m just excited that I will have a good stable of plants to work with next season.

I choose the Early Queen because of my friends here at Mister Nice and for its genetic tendency to finish in September.

I have a coastal environment 42 N on east coast. I am limited by PM and Bud rot.

I have one goal. A consistent, no herm, rot and resistant strain finishes in September.

Season I found some that worked. Only problem was I didn’t like the smell and taste

Took me four year to set up for next years East Coast “pheno hunt”

ive got Jack, Glue, Cookies, G13, Widow, OGkB, Killer Queen, Grand Daddy Purp, blueberry, and hopefully some columbian/ haze to hit with the EQ XX pollen.

Few more weeks and we will be in flower mode

Hello BB!

How is your breeding class going? Did you finish it yet?

Longball
Yes. It was good.
My interests in breeding is in developing a strain

1. That I like the smell and taste of

2. That finishes at 42 N in September and a damp, wet, humid environment.

many changes are coming with tissue culture and genetic engineering.
For me, I think I want to reverse some early females that do not have a tendency to herm, Make some XX pollen.

Hit some plants I like with the pollen and make female seeds.

After reading about where this is heading. Now is the time to collect landrace seeds. Create and stabilize strains,
And make S1s of anything you like.

Twenty years From now who knows what will be available??
I’m thinking a freezer full of Mister Nice might not be a bad investment.

BuzzardsBay said: "Twenty years From now who knows what will be available?? I’m thinking a freezer full of Mister Nice might not be a bad investment."

Hello BB!

You have a good point! 20 years from now it may be only Montesano one time seeds or the best seeds ever available! Who knows? Good idea to continually stock freezer with good known genetics!!! I am running 4 strains of MNS this summer so I am certain to get a male and I am thinking of doing some pollination, however, I don't know the slightest about selecting a good male. For example, someone recently posted up a picture of the Haze C male and I'm thinking that is the least impressive pot plant I've ever seen a picture of! So clearly, I know nothing of selecting males :(

Question @BuzzardsBay: Why are you going to reverse the Early Queen female when you already cut down 3 Early Queen males? Why didn't you use one of those males? Newbie question, trying to learn!

Longball

Last edited:
For example, someone recently posted up a picture of the Haze C male and I'm thinking that is the least impressive pot plant I've ever seen a picture of!

Longball

Ha! That was the same reaction I had as well Longball. What a fugly f#cker!

I figure we always have Sara to carry on. A 420 baby taking over seems like destiny.

BuzzardsBay said: "Twenty years From now who knows what will be available?? I’m thinking a freezer full of Mister Nice might not be a bad investment."

Hello BB!

You have a good point! 20 years from now it may be only Montesano one time seeds or the best seeds ever available! Who knows? Good idea to continually stock freezer with good known genetics!!! I am running 4 strains of MNS this summer so I am certain to get a male and I am thinking of doing some pollination, however, I don't know the slightest about selecting a good male. For example, someone recently posted up a picture of the Haze C male and I'm thinking that is the least impressive pot plant I've ever seen a picture of! So clearly, I know nothing of selecting males :(

Question @BuzzardsBay: Why are you going to reverse the Early Queen female when you already cut down 3 Early Queen males? Why didn't you use one of those males? Newbie question, trying to learn!

Longball
I will have to message you with that answer.

Back