Let's talk about your lights at clone.

I forgot to mention, I just put trays on the floor on heat mats in my veg room and USe 1k MEtal Halides, or now' the HLG 650r's. the plastic dome and humidity layer protect them quite well. also being 7 feet from the light helps. i also had them almost touching a SF4000 on a light mover covering a 4x8 grow tent. and the 450ishw t5 8 bulb fixtures when I used those as veg room lights. basically, abuse the inverse square law, and make it work for you!

I forgot to mention, I just put trays on the floor on heat mats in my veg room and USe 1k MEtal Halides, or now' the HLG 650r's. the plastic dome and humidity layer protect them quite well. also being 7 feet from the light helps. i also had them almost touching a SF4000 on a light mover covering a 4x8 grow tent. and the 450ishw t5 8 bulb fixtures when I used those as veg room lights. basically, abuse the inverse square law, and make it work for you!
Energy company must love sending your bill out lol.

I forgot to mention here that I did cheat a touch.

My babybio cloning gel (about 8yrs old) as been boosted with extra IBA3 and a low mix of alcohol (used to break the IBA3). So I think the alc cleans as well as covering the tips. And I placed a heated prop tray under them.

So after 9 days of being under a 60w LED the roots prove that the lamp is sufficient.

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_201320_copy_450x450.jpg
    IMG_20210510_201320_copy_450x450.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
Last update on these cuts and this experiment.

Potted up Monday and root's have popped through already.

So conclusion on the cheap LED light for cuts was successful. Since I've found similar lights with extra spectrum and double the lumen for a few extra£.

I gripped an auto of me uncle to test for the power for long-term growing. (Auto tangerine).
Stuck it in yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20210512_193934478_copy_450x600.jpg
    IMG_20210512_193934478_copy_450x600.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210512_194003522_copy_450x600.jpg
    IMG_20210512_194003522_copy_450x600.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 5
Yes, very succesful :)
I place mine sometimes in a white bucket spraying them with fertilizer and light right above the bucket. It really catches the light and bounces it right back. Keeps humidity high too.

We growers should really give these leds a decent try, cutting down our energybill.

Yes, very succesful :)
I place mine sometimes in a white bucket spraying them with fertilizer and light right above the bucket. It really catches the light and bounces it right back. Keeps humidity high too.

We growers should really give these leds a decent try, cutting down our energybill.
Using at least half on my 125w CFL. Bulb states 60w. I don't actually have a power test so can't check the genuine draw.

I'm not going to be switching out me HPS for flowering at the moment.

Using at least half on my 125w CFL. Bulb states 60w. I don't actually have a power test so can't check the genuine draw.

I'm not going to be switching out me HPS for flowering at the moment.
I might this summer, 4 cob leds 50 watt replacing a 400 watt hps. If succesful I would only use hps during winter. Yes, I’m scared.

I might this summer, 4 cob leds 50 watt replacing a 400 watt hps. If succesful I would only use hps during winter. Yes, I’m scared.
Mmmm good luck.

Those flat lamps sell an high powered 150w 15000 lumens.

Last edited:
Those flat lamps sell an high powered 150w 150000 lumens.

if this would be true than it would be the best led ever! it would spit out 1000lumens per watt... 😄100lumens per watt sounds more logical as there arent any leds that would be that efficient. 100 lumens per watt is not something special your typical led lamp in house is just as efficient. I think it`s a nice lamp you`ve got there, still comparable with a hps in terms of light output per watt and very suitable for vegging. Nice price i must say. If it comes to electrical savings you would be better off with a high effiency cob led, 90-100w led can beat that 150w lamp.

what brand of cobs your planning to use?

if this would be true than it would be the best led ever! it would spit out 1000lumens per watt... 😄100lumens per watt sounds more logical as there arent any leds that would be that efficient. 100 lumens per watt is not something special your typical led lamp in house is just as efficient. I think it`s a nice lamp you`ve got there, still comparable with a hps in terms of light output per watt and very suitable for vegging. Nice price i must say. If it comes to electrical savings you would be better off with a high effiency cob led, 90-100w led can beat that 150w lamp.

what brand of cobs your planning to use?

Yeah I mistakenly put an extra in. Nice for spotting.
It's mainly for rooting cuts, maybe boosting.

Gehe it happens bro!

for rooting cuts i did some experiments with a led led strip. It`s dimmable trough the driver and had it set on 5W this time, and only water. My conclusion was they don`t need much light or nutes to get rooted.

xz2.JPG

105.2 X 100 =10520 lum is what I get at around 11/13"

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_212534_copy_480x640.jpg
    IMG_20210514_212534_copy_480x640.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Gehe it happens bro!

for rooting cuts i did some experiments with a led led strip. It`s dimmable trough the driver and had it set on 5W this time, and only water. My conclusion was they don`t need much light or nutes to get rooted.

View attachment 51242
What type of panel is that? I got a small 60w draw LED panel in the post for making a small setup.

I'm not really qualified to give any scientific advice about LED's
but I will give an opinion, as often shared by those who have experience.
Although suitable for SOG or seedlings/early veg the LED's lack the PAR
to penetrate through the upper canopy and onto the lower branches, which
works fine if you're growing super small plants. You'll get the bag appeal.
Also it should be noted that the good LEDs cost about $3000..
As an unbiased consumer, the difference in smoke is evident.

I'm not really qualified to give any scientific advice about LED's
but I will give an opinion, as often shared by those who have experience.
Although suitable for SOG or seedlings/early veg the LED's lack the PAR
to penetrate through the upper canopy and onto the lower branches, which
works fine if you're growing super small plants. You'll get the bag appeal.
Also it should be noted that the good LEDs cost about $3000..
As an unbiased consumer, the difference in smoke is evident.

I will give up my HPS for flowering when I'm forced to. Probably not in the next 5 years. Then can bulk up if they do ban them..

But lenses on those 2000+ LED setups can give them good PAR and penetration but still probably burning 600 or more watts.

I'm going to run them as a light boost for having broad spectrum and HPS for brightness and veg/clone. They have been successful so far as rooting and vegging stay rather cool.

Back