Rosin press

MImedpatient

once I set the new one up, I shall post some pics. every grower should have one if they enjoy concentrates. I have the medisun farm plates, and I am putting together a new harbor frieght 6 ton. as the bar on my older 12 that I got as a replacement from harbor freight as my warranty was about to go up, was flimsy and bent for almost no pressure being applied on 1st use.
as I have grown a bunch of seed plants, and I do not make small batch solvent extract, this will allow me to taste the bud "better" as well pressed flower rosin is much more similar in flavor and effect to smoking a bowl of that flower than solvent extract is.

Last edited:
I have always been interested in rosin, I will watch this thread :)
Pictures coming up this weekend, been so busy w/ spring yard work and house work. and I have overwhelmed myself in the indoor garden. it is most wonderful.

Even a nice ceramic plate hair straghitener, some 1x1 wood blocks, and a c clamp is a great way to get started making rosin. the nylon pouches are great for hash squishing! and boveda packs for keeping the bud at the right humidity to get the most return w/ the least effort!

Even if a person doesn't vape the Rosin, it is great on joints and hemp blunts for slowing them down a bit and increasing the social experience of sharing.

If one doesn't care about thc% or any other metric than oil content of your flowers, its a great home testing tool.

Hello @MImedpatient!

How does rosin compare to bubble hash? Better? About the same?

Longball
well, I would rather put bubble hash in a bowl than rosin, as the bubble hash spreads better. the real answer to your question. is full spectrum bubble hash pressed into rosin better than hash that came through the fine screens ands can be ingested via dabbing w/o pressing. and the answer is, It is easier to make full spectrum bubble hash rosin w/ a press bag than it is to get good enough at growing and processing hash to make hash that leaves no residue on the nail. better is subjective and I refuse to tell you as it is up to you.

Hello Longball! how are you today?

MImedpatient said: "Hello Longball! how are you today?"

Hello MImedpatient!

I am doing fantastic today! :) I am learning a bit about bubble hash, rosin, and dry sift! Looking at lots of beautiful buds. Life is grand! I love this site! And I thank you for all the information that you have been sharing! :) Keep it coming!

Longball

MImedpatient said: "Hello Longball! how are you today?"

Hello MImedpatient!

I am doing fantastic today! :) I am learning a bit about bubble hash, rosin, and dry sift! Looking at lots of beautiful buds. Life is grand! I love this site! And I thank you for all the information that you have been sharing! :) Keep it coming!

Longball
You're Welcome! that is great to hear!! I will always try to share what I have learned and how I understood what I read/heard so we can all understand better!

If you are just learning about dry sift, I very much suggest getting one of the off brand trim trays that has the multiple micron sized screen trays you can buy separately. and those trays. for like 150 bucks(when I got them) it was a more affordable way to learn than buying the big tray set John Berfelo was Recommending. basically a set of screens for silk screen printing. stack the trays in the proper order and get to work. a pair of bamboo skewers works great as the "drumsticks"

and for bubble hash look for the all mesh work bag, or all mesh sets. and dont be afraid to use the work bag as a catch bag, and just working the bud in the bucket w/ the ice. I very much want to get one of the table top washing machines.

It is possible to make bubble hash by hand from only fan leaves, and yield 1 ounce of dark, melty, hash per pound of input leaf. squishes out into basically the reggies wax of your plants effect when making rosin. I hope that description of effect type makes sense.

If you also like Dry Ice Hash, one of the plastic tumblers w/ screen sets works really good too! when making dry sift, wear a cloth mask or dust respirator type mask, that shit will activate any dust allergies you have.

You're Welcome! that is great to hear!! I will always try to share what I have learned and how I understood what I read/heard so we can all understand better!

If you are just learning about dry sift, I very much suggest getting one of the off brand trim trays that has the multiple micron sized screen trays you can buy separately. and those trays. for like 150 bucks(when I got them) it was a more affordable way to learn than buying the big tray set John Berfelo was Recommending. basically a set of screens for silk screen printing. stack the trays in the proper order and get to work. a pair of bamboo skewers works great as the "drumsticks"

and for bubble hash look for the all mesh work bag, or all mesh sets. and dont be afraid to use the work bag as a catch bag, and just working the bud in the bucket w/ the ice. I very much want to get one of the table top washing machines.

It is possible to make bubble hash by hand from only fan leaves, and yield 1 ounce of dark, melty, hash per pound of input leaf. squishes out into basically the reggies wax of your plants effect when making rosin. I hope that description of effect type makes sense.

If you also like Dry Ice Hash, one of the plastic tumblers w/ screen sets works really good too! when making dry sift, wear a cloth mask or dust respirator type mask, that shit will activate any dust allergies you have.

Yeah or a T-shirt print screen at 150 micron
Can get a large one for about £25

The old stoned free guide video showed me that method.

Or better lab screens.

Last edited:
Sad update, my plates are very large. and will not function in the 6 ton press. I am going to visit all hte local machine shops to see if they can fabricate me up some longer, thicker thick angle iron w/ holes in the proper places w/ the eons it came w/ so my plates will fit.

Back