Unique Jack Herer Aroma Pheno

A Volkswagen Beetle with a blown Hemi? :eek: Oh yeah, quite unassuming! Let me take another hit of this Jack Herer Racing Fuel Plant to wrap my boggled mind around that! Holy Moly!

LB

Ha, the day of graduation he showed up with this brand new, from the factory gold and black striped Chevelle. He had just picked it up. We had been to a grasser the night before so all of us were still high- staying up all night. He handed me the keys and we left the crowd in the parking lot. We burned so much rubber- you couldn't keep the wheels hooked up, she just had massive amounts of torque and power. We had so much fun we forgot to get our pictures taken and barely made the graduation ceremony. At that time, Cali had nothing on Detroit! Looked like this:

gold 454.jpg

Mu

I got it directly from Mr Soul way back on the OG forum.
I'm thinking it was even earlier, maybe 98 or so, but with my memory being what it isn't it could have been 2000 and hell if I could prove it one way or t'other.
Hi mate, yeah that was the original release.
Different lineage now.
I didn't go much on the original myself.
The original was the Cafe girl cut X White widow.
The new release is JH X P75.

You guys like the smell of racing huh?
My old car was a 69 Z28 with a full roll chasis, a bowtie marine block, brodix heads, full roller setup with rev kits and stud girdles, etc etc. On the bottle she'd get deep into the 9's, sometimes a high 8.
But.... my real kick was water. Unlimited offshore with big 44 foot duals, twins and triples.
Here's the little boats motor, it's in a 24 foot Schiada hull with a V drive and a turbo 400 manually shifted trans.
632 cube Donovan block, Velasco crank, Oliver rods, Brodix heads, Venolia pistons, all the usual suspects. Those are 2 big arsed RayJay R5 turbos huffing into a fresh water cooled Race Tech intake and intercooler, 1050 annular discharge dominator carbs.
And see that little stand bolted to the hull with the ring on it? Yea, that's for the skiers pull rope.
You know you're huffing race gas exhaust when you're skiing behind a 1800+++ horsepower boat :) (that's been clocked at 205mph at lake Mojave on the Colorado river).DSC00096.JPG

Would love to go barefootin' behind that! Well, if ya keep it under 200mph that is! :) Water is not as soft as people think it is when I fall at 60mph. haha You're gonna bounce a few times!

LB

Sweet car, BB! Does it have the 389 in it? Stock 389 ran the quarter mile in 15.7 seconds at 92 mph. You have your work cut out for you to reach 13.99! To get my Grand National from 14.02 seconds to 10.20 seconds only took - money! And lots of it! lol
Good Luck with the rebuild!

Longball
Had no motor or trans. Car was unusual because it was a GTO w/389 auto with A/C
I bought a Muncie M21 and a posi rear end with 4:11 gears.
I actually have a few Pontiac engines to choose from. 400, 455, and a 428 all the same block. My motor builder likes the 428 and says slightly above 400hp should do the trick. The car will live in Tucson and pretty much run errands around town.
I have a second no posi rear end with 3:55 and a tri power intake. Going to run rally I wheels and 15” 235-65-15s front 255 65 out back.
Big difference between 14 second 13 sec and 10.2. There is a video of my GTOs “sister” same guy who will build my motor called 1964 GTO racing from heaven on you tube. Going though finish at 100mph far cry from 125mph!

You guys like the smell of racing huh?
My old car was a 69 Z28 with a full roll chasis, a bowtie marine block, brodix heads, full roller setup with rev kits and stud girdles, etc etc. On the bottle she'd get deep into the 9's, sometimes a high 8.
But.... my real kick was water. Unlimited offshore with big 44 foot duals, twins and triples.
Here's the little boats motor, it's in a 24 foot Schiada hull with a V drive and a turbo 400 manually shifted trans.
632 cube Donovan block, Velasco crank, Oliver rods, Brodix heads, Venolia pistons, all the usual suspects. Those are 2 big arsed RayJay R5 turbos huffing into a fresh water cooled Race Tech intake and intercooler, 1050 annular discharge dominator carbs.
And see that little stand bolted to the hull with the ring on it? Yea, that's for the skiers pull rope.
You know you're huffing race gas exhaust when you're skiing behind a 1800+++ horsepower boat :) (that's been clocked at 205mph at lake Mojave on the Colorado river).View attachment 46008
Woah. Like I was saying I’d like to run 13 at 100
I don’t have the balls or money to run that!

BuzzardsBay said:
I actually have a few Pontiac engines to choose from. 400, 455, and a 428 all the same block.

The Pontiac 421, 428, and 455 are the same block with a different bore and stroke. These are considered large-journal blocks. The 400 is small-journal block, not sure it is the same?
Also, the 428 was only made from 67-69, not really period correct for a 64. You ok with that? Some of them purists would about die if you did that! ;)

Longball

Starting off the morning with a nice cup of Jack Herer Racing Fuel. Might even be a two cup day!:cool:

It going to be a Good Day!

Longball

Coffe.jpg

The Pontiac 421, 428, and 455 are the same block with a different bore and stroke. These are considered large-journal blocks. The 400 is small-journal block, not sure it is the same?
Also, the 428 was only made from 67-69, not really period correct for a 64. You ok with that? Some of them purists would about die if you did that! ;)

Longball
40A4E7D1-EABF-4FC8-B7AF-D7EA68A1EB27.jpeg

I will agree with this.

However, in all fairness, I am not sure it is possible to compare the landraces I smoked in the 70's to the hybrids of the 90's to the strains of today. I have different knowledge and experience today than I did then. Also kind of judging on memory, and human memory has been proven to be quite faulty.

I remember once around '76 getting some 'Gold' that was sooo good. I decided to buy a bit and hopefully sell some and get some for free. Started out ok but then people started bringing it back and demanding their money back! WTF? The problem - they got too damn high and didn't like it. Thought maybe it was treated or something. Scared me a bit. I knew a scientist who said to send it to this lab and have it checked for insecticide, chemicals, etc. The report came back. Nothing but marijuana. To this day people still say that was the strongest pot they ever smoked. Even though they brought it back!

Would that pot seem that good today with the experience and knowledge of today? Compared to today's 26% THC strains? How do I compare things 50 years apart on only memory and old stories?

While I ponder this question I will take a hit of this Jack Herer Racing Fuel Plant and soon forget what the question was! :)

Longball

i was not born in 1976 :) i start to smoke in the early 90's

the strain of today with hight thc is just commercial bullshit

they are found one seed that do that on thounsands but in real you will never found this in your packet

it's not the medium thc level of the strain but the most extrem found and the culture condition are optimal

it's like the earlyest of the strain you rarely found the time of blooming annonce by the breeders

" it's like the earlyest of the strain you rarely found the time of blooming annonce by the breeders"

Hello quinxstar!

Not sure if I am reading this right, but in the 1985 Seed Catalog, by the breeder Nevil, was announcing the time of blooming? For example:

Longballseedbank3.jpg

"That bicycle looks like a lightspeed ti- is it?"🤙Mu

haha you are a funny guy, musashi! The cheapest Lightspeed Ti frame I see is 1,300 USD. Just a frame. No tire, wheels, handlebars, seat, pedals, gears, et. The bike in the picture is a Trek 7100 Multitrack 21-speed with a lightweight aluminum frame and some of the prettiest welds you've ever seen. I bought it 2nd hand in 2009 for 60 USD. It is my daily driver. Also running an old school late 70's Motobecane 10-speed. More fun to drive but the skinny tires don't like potholes or bumps. I also had a top of the line Fuji Road Touring bike but I sold it when I had moved to Montana to raise a crop of dental floss!

What bike are you running, musashi?

Longball

Hey brah!

Not riding as much as I used to these days. My old road bike is a Trek 5500 carbon tricked out in Dura-Ace. My mountain bike is a ti bike I built out with XTR components. My fav mountain bike is a Chromoly Ibis Mojo in color Pond Scum, the last one built by Scot Nicol in that color before he sold the company. I have since turned it into a town cruiser. I also built that out in XTR. I used to wrench for my crew some years ago.

ibis.jpg ibis welds.jpg
Talk about welds, Scot was a master bike builder!

🤙
Mu

Back