What do we really know ?

Dkeppel

Hello,

So to cut a long story short, ever since my first indoor grow 11 years ago now, I've wanted to breed my own cannabis and it took a battle with cancer to convince me I can't wait for legal change before I do it.

Cannabis is and will probably remain illegal for some time in my country, even with the up coming referendum in 2020, I have my doubts it will pass and so do recent polls taken with 52% of people saying they want cannabis to remain illegal.

So as a haze lover I got on Google in search of good haze strains for breeding I came across the Neville story, Shanti story and the forming of MNS etc.

Being a perfectionist I keep digging and digging for information, I want to know I'm not going to be wasting time, money and putting myself at risk for something that doesn't exist anymore.

What Haze parents even exist anymore ?

Do you have any proof of it ?

Is the pack of NH in my freezer really even NH ?

Has anyone grown NH or anything that's suppose to have the haze parents in its genetics from recent seed Stock ?

I'm a little concerned I'm going to be "chasing the dragon
" , it's a huge risk importing seeds, if I'm going to be working with MNS genetics ill probably want many many more packs and id like to know the risk isn't for something I'm never going to find.

Feel free to PM me if your afraid anything you have to say might cause a problem.

And for anyone interested, No I don't want to sell seeds or my weed or anything like that, I want to cross haze to local strains to make a haze thats got those resistances for outdoors, finishes in time and hopefully has something uniquely kiwi about it.

Hello,

So to cut a long story short, ever since my first indoor grow 11 years ago now, I've wanted to breed my own cannabis and it took a battle with cancer to convince me I can't wait for legal change before I do it.

Cannabis is and will probably remain illegal for some time in my country, even with the up coming referendum in 2020, I have my doubts it will pass and so do recent polls taken with 52% of people saying they want cannabis to remain illegal.

So as a haze lover I got on Google in search of good haze strains for breeding I came across the Neville story, Shanti story and the forming of MNS etc.

Being a perfectionist I keep digging and digging for information, I want to know I'm not going to be wasting time, money and putting myself at risk for something that doesn't exist anymore.

What Haze parents even exist anymore ?

Do you have any proof of it ?

Is the pack of NH in my freezer really even NH ?

Has anyone grown NH or anything that's suppose to have the haze parents in its genetics from recent seed Stock ?

I'm a little concerned I'm going to be "chasing the dragon
" , it's a huge risk importing seeds, if I'm going to be working with MNS genetics ill probably want many many more packs and id like to know the risk isn't for something I'm never going to find.

Feel free to PM me if your afraid anything you have to say might cause a problem.

And for anyone interested, No I don't want to sell seeds or my weed or anything like that, I want to cross haze to local strains to make a haze thats got those resistances for outdoors, finishes in time and hopefully has something uniquely kiwi about it.

Yeah I believe this is the proof your looking for, that Mr Nice seeds still has the Haze Parents that give you proper Nevil's Haze confirmed by the great man himself
Neville_sHaze_SunlitCuredBud_004.jpg
This is what a good NH looks like. Well done L33t. I used to pick off calyxes with tweezers for my joints. Those were the days my friends.
N.

Get some grail widow.. but whatever you decide on, you wont be wasting money, lol... Shanti trumps with one simple quote of his, "try plant a seed and see if that proves who we are or not"..... Plants that come from the seeds here, are better...

Cheers for the feedback, I've got NH, The Doors and NHx Mango to grow.

Reading some negative posts about MNS put me off buying anything else, not growing at the moment so it's a good time to stock up just in case the police decide to knock at the door.

Not feeling so put off buying a few more packs now :D Grail widow is on my list now

MNS has great genetics for almost unbeatable prices, as @growstone said you won't be wasting your money, in a way you can't because of how cheap you can get some packs haha.

I've grown out some Dreamtime and Angel's Breath/Heart and I liked them all, still have a lot to try out :) NH, Doors and NH Mango sounds great for a first buy (if it is your first of course) you should find some real plants in those for sure!

It is my first order, not the best stealth I've seen but it made it.

Yer I've got an eye for a bargain, auctions are a dangerous place for me and I see they put up Black widow, NH, MM and NL5 x Haze there all on my list :)

How did you like the Angels Breath ?

where did you see anything bad written about mns?

i like to question everything and learn,
but i havent really seen anything bad from mns seeds.
in fact most has been better than average.

i have an angels breath mother. its a nice smoke.
just now seeing 9 mango haze females and 4 ssh females.

i think about 18 nevils haze seedlings are following along after that.
once i narrow down all those plants,
NH x mango will be next.

where did you see anything bad written about mns?

i like to question everything and learn,
but i havent really seen anything bad from mns seeds.
in fact most has been better than average.

i have an angels breath mother. its a nice smoke.
just now seeing 9 mango haze females and 4 ssh females.

i think about 18 nevils haze seedlings are following along after that.
once i narrow down all those plants,
NH x mango will be next.

Dont get me wrong, Im totally in the Shanti camp, but Arjan King of Mids, was talking shit about Shanti on Massive Creations IG page, the other day. Its the post with a pick of Howard on an OLD yellow pack of SSH.

Grover Sativa's grow log of mango haze below is the 1st place that comes to mind, he goes as far to say he refuses free MNS seeds even.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/mango-haze/16673-organic-janik-2.html

There was another post on ICMag maybe, similar sort of things to what Grover was saying.

Few posts around the Internet saying MNS are prone to
hermaphrodite, some calms none of the haze parents are alive anymore.

Excuse my terrible memory, that's about as detailed as I remember.

Possibly/Maybe idk, bi polar or some sort of depression...
Fake news, own seeds to sell, so don't come here otherwise you definitely won't go there ..
Herms, if your environment no good or you don't know what doing.. any plant will.. what they doing? Filling with seed or sterial? Lazy poor or new, which are you? Lol
Parent plants? Shantis parent plants make better seeds than all others, lol, how's that? Like skunkman talking about giving nevil shit haze cuts, yet nevil makes best haze, lol.. lots bullshit lots don't make difference more don't make sense...

I Liked the AB alot, very clear/uplifting. I would describe the taste as refreshing, like lemonade.

Honestly just try MNS for yourself and don't listen to bad opinions/threads. Find out for yourself if the price/genetics is worth it. It's worth it because of the price/genetics but yeah if you keep taking other peoples bad opinions of MNS ofc you'll end up discouraged.

Trial and error 1st hand experience is the best experience :)

Dkeppel, I think the bipolar thing was in reference to Grover Sativa who is suddenly king of kings over in his U.K. corner.... I will just say; that dude speaks in nothing but hyperbole (see his raving good reviews as just a good example as his recent bad review)
Grover, if you read this- I mean no disrespect but it’s gotten old over the years man, your over the top writing style detracts a lot from your points to any intelligent reader. Your opinion is fine and I am in no position to tell you what you should grow but at some point you begin “beating a dead horse,” as they say.

My 2$, as an American who has held and currently holds “elite” cuttings;
Mr Nice is the stuff to hunt through when you want to make your own Poly-hybrids or find something from your youth. Or- if you just want something different from all the Indica varieties that everyone craves these days.
I have found some INCREDIBLE plants out of the MNS sativa hybrids and recommend them strongly to anyone interested in regular seeds. That being said I also have found some incredible plants from other breeders both professional and private. My friend LED Seedz has some of the best stuff on the market and it usually comes down to planting some of his or some of Shanti’s... usually a bit of both :)

For the money, there is no better value. They are not all “keepers” but finding a keeper plant from MNS is not that hard. As others have recommended- give the seeds a try man and form your own opinion. I’m willing to bet that if you are on top of your game, the outcome will be favorable and you will be one of the many satisfied customers that hang around here.
Hopefully not too long before you start growing again, don’t let the green thumb turn brown :D

Thanks for your input Jake, it's as Night wings said I read some bad reports and especially Grovers really discouraged me because it looks like the guy can grow well.

I've been sick for quite a while, in quite a bit of pain and it's nice to have a project to look forward too, the silver lining is it gives me plenty of time to research, learn and plan out what I'm gonna do.

I've read the whole 109 pages of Nevilles Breeding thread twice now, some good info in there real shame it's so full of bullshit from those accussing neville of destorying the genepool etc etc, makes it quite hard to read but I think I've learnt more from that thread then anywhere else.

Last edited:
Dkeppel, I think the bipolar thing was in reference to Grover Sativa who is suddenly king of kings over in his U.K. corner.... I will just say; that dude speaks in nothing but hyperbole (see his raving good reviews as just a good example as his recent bad review)
Grover, if you read this- I mean no disrespect but it’s gotten old over the years man, your over the top writing style detracts a lot from your points to any intelligent reader. Your opinion is fine and I am in no position to tell you what you should grow but at some point you begin “beating a dead horse,” as they say.

My 2$, as an American who has held and currently holds “elite” cuttings;
Mr Nice is the stuff to hunt through when you want to make your own Poly-hybrids or find something from your youth. Or- if you just want something different from all the Indica varieties that everyone craves these days.
I have found some INCREDIBLE plants out of the MNS sativa hybrids and recommend them strongly to anyone interested in regular seeds. That being said I also have found some incredible plants from other breeders both professional and private. My friend LED Seedz has some of the best stuff on the market and it usually comes down to planting some of his or some of Shanti’s... usually a bit of both :)

For the money, there is no better value. They are not all “keepers” but finding a keeper plant from MNS is not that hard. As others have recommended- give the seeds a try man and form your own opinion. I’m willing to bet that if you are on top of your game, the outcome will be favorable and you will be one of the many satisfied customers that hang around here.
Hopefully not too long before you start growing again, don’t let the green thumb turn brown :D

Well said braddah Jake!

@Dkeppel- One man's opinion. Your glass is half full not the other way around. Once you put seeds in the ground, the magic begins!

Shaka brah
Mu

The seeds would of been in the ground moments after the postman handed me my package if I had been ready, I've got so many other seeds I should grow first but the MNS are by far the most interesting to me.

The big problem I'm going to face is deciding between who goes first, NH, NHxMango or The Doors.

At the moment it's The Doors but NHXMango does look good and NH is legendary.

I had very good luck finding a special plant in the F2s I made from Angel's Breathe F1s. I hope to have similar success starting with The Doors. I wish you the best. You'll have fun searching through MNS genetics.

You have great taste that's for sure Marcus, your AB looked real nice :) I'm watching your Doors grow should be interesting to see what you find.

Yeah, I've seen a bit of bad grow reports, mostly on ICmag after buying my first couple packs. I was worried too, lol, but since I've probably bought 2,000 seeds from MNS. Lol

Actually I just sprouted the last of my MNS strains, some have been sitting in my fridge for 6 years and I still got decent germination rates.

Back