El Niño ~ La Niña Comparison thread.

I think we can criticise a guy who annoys us, but let's not marginalise a chap who does have some value on these forums.

Well said, and thankyou for injecting a little perspective. I never wanted to upset anyone and regret having done so. This is the big problem with the internet as opposed to face to face discussion, it's very hard to tell when people are being serious or sarcastic or jokey or whatever and folks get upset due to misinterpretation.

Hi All

listen since i am alot on the road it is hard to get to all threads and pm etc...as well as run a business ,do some investigation and continue to produce seed sometimes patience is the best answer.

Some members follow our basic constitution to the T and others are still a little unaware of our few rules. Let me remind all...we do not publicize private messages in a public forum under any circumstances...so please do not do it...wait for a response it will come to the public as all MNS information is not secret.
La nina was previously El nino and came out the same year as SSH...I did not have use of Nevils Haze C pollen for this...so it was one only plant out of the family of Haze C. The seed I used was from original seed grown in northern NSW in the late 70s and 80s of which some refferred to it as Mullumbimby Madness...what I considered a Thai Columbian inbreed line from a fellow grower who had had it growing and collected the seed himself from those places in his travels. There were other strains similar viewed as Mullum Madness, so it depends who you spoke to at the time.Nevertheless it was never written up to be Haze C male.

Hope that curbs things and we can all calm down and get on with the job. Nevil and I do our best to answer all, but we do have alot of pm and work too...not to mention family, so be patient and we will get to everyone all in good time.

Thanks for understanding and stay safe...all the best Sb

It's like in Karate Kid where Danielson doesn't understand why he's waxing a car over and over and over. Wax on, Wax Off, Wax on, Wax off. Then without even realizing, he could block any punch with a swift small semi circle motion with either hand.

Thanks Shanti, I'll be popping those Ash you gave me really shortly and post some pics :) We love you!

Hi Shanti, hope you and the family are well and enjoying your travels.

To be honest, I don't care what went into La Nina/El Nino, as I know it's really good shit and I enjoyed growing and smoking it and that's what counts.

Now you got me interested in the NSW strain you used, have you any plans to use it in any other breeds?

Hi All

listen since i am alot on the road it is hard to get to all threads and pm etc...as well as run a business ,do some investigation and continue to produce seed sometimes patience is the best answer.

Some members follow our basic constitution to the T and others are still a little unaware of our few rules. Let me remind all...we do not publicize private messages in a public forum under any circumstances...so please do not do it...wait for a response it will come to the public as all MNS information is not secret.
La nina was previously El nino and came out the same year as SSH...I did not have use of Nevils Haze C pollen for this...so it was one only plant out of the family of Haze C. The seed I used was from original seed grown in northern NSW in the late 70s and 80s of which some refferred to it as Mullumbimby Madness...what I considered a Thai Columbian inbreed line from a fellow grower who had had it growing and collected the seed himself from those places in his travels. There were other strains similar viewed as Mullum Madness, so it depends who you spoke to at the time.Nevertheless it was never written up to be Haze C male.

Hope that curbs things and we can all calm down and get on with the job. Nevil and I do our best to answer all, but we do have alot of pm and work too...not to mention family, so be patient and we will get to everyone all in good time.

hi, if shanti or anyone could answer this question. Is the mullum madness still the haze component of la nina? if this is true, coupled with the WW, imo this strain (la nina) is a grail and i will be buying packs plural, and i would urge anyone else to do same and research why later.
u will surely be happy u did.

Last edited:
Yeah 50 CENT,

from Shanti said MM was the ozzie haze version to his eyes and I have to say LN is a great line one of my favorites and highly recommended

Sorry

Hi all

Sorry for giving out the pm info but as we know there are no secrets in the MNS genetics so it didn't seem like a problem sharing the info at the time. I won't be sharing anymore pms.

Peace and happy growing
HHHG

Last edited:
The genetics are very close, if not the same, as some "Haze". Some plants smell almost exactly like certain phenotypes of SSH and Mango Haze. It doesn't get the spicy/peppery/incense (though I haven't had a MH like that either) but very close with the sweeter/creamier types.

I have a friend who has been growing the Haze hybrids since Sensi introduced NL5xHaze and Silver Haze and has had a SSH mom alive since '94ish. When he came over the other day I handed him about 6 jars and he picked the "Hazey stuff", which was a La Nina I no longer grow.

If you like "Haze" hybrids, or good Sativa dom hybrids for that matter, you should try this out. Do not let the name stop you.

The only thing I have heard people bitch about concerning this strain is yield. It is something I suggest people wait to grow until they have some other good moms in their stable. There are some miserable yielders and it took me till my very last seed of 2 packs to find a grade "A" keeper but it was worth every second and every inch of space I spent looking.

LaNina is NEXT!!!

Hi! That LaNina will be in my stable after a NH momma is chosen. I feel out of all the genetics offered by MNS, LaNina is more than likely the best one in my opinion to have. The males could be the ultimate crosses for almost pure Sativa lines. I mean, BW male bred to a 100% sativa female that is Thai sweet, This is the one.:cool: resinbud,;)

Last edited:
great thread.....makes me regret ever growing my SLH from GH......i will def be buying my next 2 strains from MNS. and la niña is one of them.

great thread.....makes me regret ever growing my SLH from GH......i will def be buying my next 2 strains from MNS. and la niña is one of them.
I've grown several varieties of MNS vs GHS and none of them have been alike in any way.

If you like "Haze" hybrids, or good Sativa dom hybrids for that matter, you should try this out. Do not let the name stop you.
...There are some miserable yielders and it took me till my very last seed of 2 packs to find a grade "A" keeper but it was worth every second and every inch of space I spent looking.

Hey Ronin,

How consistent are the La Niña plants?
You have said so many great things about La Niña that I am about to move ahead with her. But I am wondering, if it took you two packs to find your keeper, would you say that the variety of smoke you got from the many other plants was significantly less fantastic than your final favorite?

I guess I am wondering if it is like SSH, which many say produces a variety of top notch plants--different phenos but all with spectacular smoke--or if it is more of a pheno hunt strain: looking for a few great plants among many good (but not great) plants.

thx
vajra

Grow the SSH first. Once you find your keeper, or more likely keepers, then go to the La Nina. It is a hunt with the LN, but it is worth every second once you get there, IMO. You are almost guaranteed to find at least once "keeper" per pack with the SSH, a good chance you will find a couple phenotypes you wanna keep around... unless you don't really like the herb ...

Hi Ronin, you mention using a vendor, if your still around can I ask where you bought the doa La Nina seeds?

Hi mate, do not hesitate and buy at the auction site, guarantee germination and race, this year have germinated six seeds outdoors, selected three females of the five, a male removed; all with great vigor and long thin leaves in her three months old are at 1.40 meters and that made them pruning, are four points of time to smell burning rubber and fruit

yeah ok. I didn't as the payment method wasn't suitable. I assumed the resellers wouldn't sell old seed. Thanks.

Hi All

It's interesting to read this article written by breeeder steve back in 96. he says he meets Shanti and learns about the white family. He says Shanti uses Mulanibee lol in his white family.

The last one was written by Jorge about the 98 cup.

Attachments

• CC1997_CC-003.jpg
    CC1997_CC-003.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 236
  • CC1997_CC-004.jpg
    CC1997_CC-004.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 53
  • CC1999_CC-006.jpg
    CC1999_CC-006.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back