Black Widow 2015 [Photos Inside]

Junglejim1212

Hello all,

Purchased a pack of black window, only popped 1 seed and this is it. It has been my mother plant for over 1 year.
The pictures taken are from day 31 of 74.
About her:

Finishes in 10.5 weeks (organic water only soil)
Thrichomes development starts at DAY 13!!

SOG style 1/2 gallon bag
Purple hues in the winter ;)

Roots in 11 days.

Yield is low-medium

Zero tolerance build up, hits you like a brick in the face.

16lfxp4.jpg

2ir5imx.jpg

ng827q.jpg

2zdpobs.jpg

o8c4dl.jpg

517w3k.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely plants jim, very frosty indeed. What does she taste like? Im going to make it my business to grow some of these at some stage this year. :)

Lovely plants jim, very frosty indeed. What does she taste like? Im going to make it my business to grow some of these at some stage this year. :)

That's a great question I haven't smoked her since August and when I did have her I didn't have a lot It wasn't a staple like it is now. I would say berry hash flavor if I had to remember. I'll post a smoke report when finished.

Hi,i löst my black widow Keeper due to calmag it started then just got worse and never recoverd.would Bw be a calmag lover .never had a calmag Problem ever .using Bio bizz .it seems only the Bw is getting calmag def.cheers

Hi,i löst my black widow Keeper due to calmag it started then just got worse and never recoverd.would Bw be a calmag lover .never had a calmag Problem ever .using Bio bizz .it seems only the Bw is getting calmag def.cheers

Mj in general needs calmag. Did you try unsulpured black strap molasses and dolomite lime? Using organics only this is what I would recommend.

Awsome picture's and plant's jim. Lovely and sticky indeed. :eek:

I can smell them from here... :p :D ;)

Keep up the great work mate. :cool:

OG

howdy jim, those sure are nice for being early in flower. i cant wait to see em finish. what's the recipe?:)

-pH

If I told ha I'd have to kill ya. Lol

Base mix is

Perlite
Peat moss
EWC
Dolomite lime.

I then add alfalfa meal, bat guanobone and blood meal, crab meal, kelp, neem seed, bud n bloom booster, azomite rock dust. Oat flour Maybe some more that I can't remember.

Add all these dry amendments with water n let sit for a week. The EWC come from Oregon or Milwaukee u can order online. All I had throughout the whole stage I only add water because the plant takes what it wants. Sometimes I'll give a tea with molasses, Liquid seaweed n slica n EWC.

If I told ha I'd have to kill ya. Lol

Base mix is

Perlite
Peat moss
EWC
Dolomite lime.

I then add alfalfa meal, bat guanobone and blood meal, crab meal, kelp, neem seed, bud n bloom booster, azomite rock dust. Oat flour Maybe some more that I can't remember.

Add all these dry amendments with water n let sit for a week. The EWC come from Oregon or Milwaukee u can order online. All I had throughout the whole stage I only add water because the plant takes what it wants. Sometimes I'll give a tea with molasses, Liquid seaweed n slica n EWC.

Much appreciated Jim, sounds like an ideal mix. Thanks for sharin. Do you use any mycorrhizae?

I used alfalfa meal for the first time last year and really saw the plants take off after using it. I'm looking to make a similar mix, so far I can't find neem meal locally, but I haven't checked everywhwere. I do have a local source for bagged EWC, but have yet to make my own worm bin. Just thinking out loud... I'm wondering if I tried to make a veganic mix, what could replace the guanos and blood and bone meal?? MAybe I could use fish meal and the crab meal and keep it a pescetarian mix:)

-pH

Much appreciated Jim, sounds like an ideal mix. Thanks for sharin. Do you use any mycorrhizae?

I used alfalfa meal for the first time last year and really saw the plants take off after using it. I'm looking to make a similar mix, so far I can't find neem meal locally, but I haven't checked everywhwere. I do have a local source for bagged EWC, but have yet to make my own worm bin. Just thinking out loud... I'm wondering if I tried to make a veganic mix, what could replace the guanos and blood and bone meal?? MAybe I could use fish meal and the crab meal and keep it a pescetarian mix:)

-pH

For mycorrhizae I use happy frog steamed bone meal (3-15-0) has it in it. Also the Bio live fert (highly recommend) has the following ingredients:

Bio-Live is a rich, organic fertilizer featuring a unique blend of premium marine by-products infused with a diverse mixture of beneficial microorganisms. Select mycorrhizal fungi and bacterial species rapidly colonize the rhizosphere and surrounding soil to improve resource utilization and enhance nutrient uptake.

Ideal for all plant types, use Bio-Live to encourage expansive root systems, increased crop yields and superior quality flowers, fruits, herbs and vegetables.

Ingredients: Fish Bone Meal, Fish Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Meal, Shrimp Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Kelp Meal, Humic Acid, Mycorrhizal Fungi, and Beneficial Bacteria

cotton seed meal, fish meal, crab meal, soybean meal, are all good alternatives to blood and bone meal. I'll try to find the chart I use to use. Watch out for grow store bagged EWC usually not as high quality. I ordered my soil amendments online. The shipping was expensive but products of high quality. "Downtoearth" is the manufacturer

thanks for the detailed post Jim. I forgot about the seed meals as an alternative to blood and bone. I imagine in the near future organic hemp seed meal will be a viable option.
That bio live sounds nice. Last year i amended outdoors with mushroom compost, peat, azomite, dolomite (shouldve added more) alfalfa meal, espoma flower fertilizer with archaea and drenched with plant success soluble myco and ummmm....forgot the name...actinovate.

thanks for the detailed post Jim. I forgot about the seed meals as an alternative to blood and bone. I imagine in the near future organic hemp seed meal will be a viable option.
That bio live sounds nice. Last year i amended outdoors with mushroom compost, peat, azomite, dolomite (shouldve added more) alfalfa meal, espoma flower fertilizer with archaea and drenched with plant success soluble myco and ummmm....forgot the name...actinovate.

Sounds like a tasty mix. What strains are your working on now?

Looking good, let's have a smoke report when you come down a bit, LOL

Day 49 for me today, I am thinking 3+ more weeks!

This pic taken at day 42.

gr867-albums-black-widow-picture11787-20150319-132210.jpg

Be starting a journal soon.

GR

Back