Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > G13Skunk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 11:32 PM

Default vandelay industries G13sk

Frist off I am going to flip them tonight. I am pritty sure they will flower with 13.5 hours light. Can anyone back me up with this?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:59 PM

Talking

Hey Vandelay,

Big Seinfeld fan here! Dudes a comedic genius in my opinion. Your name alone has me intrigued...not to mention the G13 Skunk! From what I have heard and seen...12 will do just fine...but no personal experience growing here...just had to see what's up with the Seinfeld fan . About the flip...size of plants, containers, recent transplants, medium, blah, blah, blah would all be helpful in figuring out a time for the flip...pics would be extremely helpful! Peace!

Edit: Genetics wise I would imagine there will be girls that want more darkness and others that might not need as much...as she is a hybrid of mostly tropical sativa types in the skunk...with a touch of G13...I remember Nevil saying he only ever used 24 and 12/12 for what that is worth...you could look for the quote if you want

Last edited by GreenFever; 09-06-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
itsbenfun

Hello vandelay,

I hate to answer a question with another question but, indoors or outdoors?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Sorry buddy. Indors
Old 09-06-2011, 12:16 AM
itsbenfun

Ok, well was unsure as you mentioned in your other thread you were an Aussie and i know some places there receive roughly 13 hours of light year round.

Its standard to go directly into 12/12 in an indoor enviroment, i have read of people gradually decreasing light hours like in nature, but i would only assume the benifits of this would not be extreme.

Hope this helps, greenfever had some good points also, the more you share the better we all can help

Cheers
Old 09-06-2011, 12:17 AM

Hey Greenfever, yea seinfeld is the shit one show you can watch repeats of and its still funny.
I have two plants in 50l pots in coco with 3 600w lights on top and 1 600w underneath. Their about 1m round and about 800mm tall, extremely bushy.
They have been veging in these pots for about 4 to 5 weeks.
I know 12/12 will do but more light hours gives them more energy via photosynthesis. Indica dominant plants can apparently flower with 14 hours light. I just wanted to know if any one had tried it and had good results with this strain or one simmilar.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 AM

Hi itsbenfun im more south than that currently its the start of spring and im getting less than 12 hours of light a day outside
Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 AM

Default light time

Hey, george, you in the importing or exporting business? That is a classic. Hey, fyi the skunk hybrids seem to more completely finish their glandular maturation when light is reduced to eleven hours on/ thirteen off for the last few weeks. At fourteen on, some flowering may initiate, but the on set will be slowed and the cycle elongated. Always measure the juice vs. the squeeze Happy farming bro. love your ladies.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 AM

I like when kramer answers the phone and george runs out the toilet with his pants down sereaming say vandelay industries and falls over. Then jerry walks in ahah good stuf. In that case I think il go with 13/11 for 7 weeks and 11/13 for week 8
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 AM

Default jerry

and you want to be my latex salesman! Hey, if I dont tell you to gradually reduce the light time each week then I will get in trouble with the masters. If your goal is glandular trichromes, allow your plant a natural fade at the end. If your goal is weight, I cannot be of any help, for I grow resin. Whatcha doing for festivus this year?