Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > G13 x Haze

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Chana Masala
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 2010 - G13 x Haze

Hi again,

G13 and Haze, another limited edition. I know you are not a big fan SB of the G-13 but something has to be said of such a rare cutt that circulated the globe...

This one is for the MSN Camp and the University of Massachusetts or what ever school it was jacked from...

I am also interested if anyone could let me know which Haze was used in the cross.

Started on September 25, 2010. So far 99% germination rate. Last bean did not crack on its own. Did an embryo transplant, so I hope it will start to darken up in the next few days.

Take care,

Chana Masala
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01829.jpg (338.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg G13 X Haze Oct 4 2010.jpg (665.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg G13 x Haze Oct 4 2010 A.jpg (597.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Chana Masala; 10-04-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
genegenie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 764
Default

Hey Chana mate,
I'm just about to chop some of the g13 haze in the next few days, popped 10 seeds got 6 girls, although 2 were hermie's.

I posted the pics of the 2 hermies that I chopped last week in my indoor thread, the others I'll get up before harvest to let you have a look at them.

Peace, GG
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Chana Masala
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Really excited about this strain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by genegenie View Post
Hey Chana mate,
I'm just about to chop some of the g13 haze in the next few days, popped 10 seeds got 6 girls, although 2 were hermie's.

I posted the pics of the 2 hermies that I chopped last week in my indoor thread, the others I'll get up before harvest to let you have a look at them.

Peace, GG
Hi GG, how are your ladies coming along now...

Here is a few pictures. Long time to up-date but still working on the bloom room to put these babies into...

I am really excited about SB's limited edition strains. I believe this is the same pedigree that SB gave to Soma for his Amnesia Haze. I know Barney has a G13xHaze too.

Looking forward to see what the variation is like...

I hope you are well,

Chana
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Chana Masala
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I must say that this plant looks like it is going to be fire...

Looking forward to what type of pheno types can be found.

When making an f2 of the line would you think it is best to open pollinate all G13xHaze male and females or use one male and pollinate all females at one time?

Take care,

Chana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg November 6 2010 (14)13A.jpg (924.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg November 6 2010 (15)G13B.jpg (922.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg November 6 2010 (40)G13C.jpg (667.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg November 6 2010 (41)G13D.jpg (702.8 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Medicine Man's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 353
Thumbs up

I should see germination today/tomorrow from the 5 seeds you gave me, thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Chana Masala
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine Man View Post
I should see germination today/tomorrow from the 5 seeds you gave me, thanks again.
Hi MM, one day brother we are going to meet up at the Belgium Beer market in the dam and trade more cultivars. You are one of the best growers out here man. Keep doing what you do my friend...

Let us know how you pull. Could be interesting even with 5.

Respect,

Chana
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 830
Default

i have been pondering a seed order for two weeks now and this is one item where it's hard to make up my mind so i hope one of you (or someone will chime in?) can tell me the makeup of this strain. somewhere i read that this is not a straight ghaze but rather the makeup is g13/skunk x haze. will some authority speak up? and if skunk is in the mix, to what end? certainly not to shorten flower time? i love these haze hybrids but only those that will work outdoors in my area. in fact, after seeing some in action outdoors for the first time about all i can say is the difference from indoor is staggering both in yield and quality. peace-biteme
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:11 PM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
i have been pondering a seed order for two weeks now and this is one item where it's hard to make up my mind so i hope one of you (or someone will chime in?) can tell me the makeup of this strain. somewhere i read that this is not a straight ghaze but rather the makeup is g13/skunk x haze. will some authority speak up? and if skunk is in the mix, to what end? certainly not to shorten flower time? i love these haze hybrids but only those that will work outdoors in my area. in fact, after seeing some in action outdoors for the first time about all i can say is the difference from indoor is staggering both in yield and quality. peace-biteme
I'm not an authority but Shanti confirmed in anotr thread that his G13 used in the current crosses is actually G13/skunk, so you are right that G13/haze is actually G13/Skunk x HazeC

Edit: Shanti told me that G13/Haze is an IBL and contains NO SKUNK.

Last edited by HHHG; 07-03-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 830
Default

very good mr. hhhg, i knew i had read it and was pretty sure it was at this site. however, this leads into my next question which is why the skunk is in the mix which is a question only shanti may be able to answer? the things i remember about ghaze mostly came from forums when dutch flowers was still around and working this one. the g13 did not detract from the haze potency/flavors and added phenos that were fast finishers. peace-biteme
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-07-2010, 12:34 AM
HHHG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
very good mr. hhhg, i knew i had read it and was pretty sure it was at this site. however, this leads into my next question which is why the skunk is in the mix which is a question only shanti may be able to answer? the things i remember about ghaze mostly came from forums when dutch flowers was still around and working this one. the g13 did not detract from the haze potency/flavors and added phenos that were fast finishers. peace-biteme
I seem to remember Shanti saying that Nevil gave him some G13/Skunk seeds in the late 80's/early 90's and that is what he uses as the mom of his current G13 crosses. I think I also read that Shanti has old seeds of pure G13/Haze (no skunk) as well as another skunk-free G13 cross. I'm too tired to find the post but I would guess it was crossed with NL5 or Hashplant.

I'm growing Shanti's current G13/Haze offering, haven't smoked yet. There are a variety of phenos including indica dominant so it should be an interesting smoke. Nevil said the G13/Haze was "creamy."

I have smoked regular G13/Skunk which also has phenos from the whole spectrum and it is one of my fav varieties.

Last edited by HHHG; 07-03-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL