Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Early Skunk Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Default Early Pearl Skunk Haze

Got some fresh beans from the good Doctor C.

Germed in kitchen roll and then into soil The stems were soo thin to start off with, shouldnt have worried

They soon took off tho at times they would bend over just from misting, but the little souls just kept getting back up

They have been grown in Canna Bio Terra and veged under a UFO which they love. We Come In Peace

Nutrients and addatives are Canna tho not Bio

More pics soon as this is being done retrospectively (about 4 weeks of pics to get thru)

Must hit the hay now ,Night Night Everyone,Night Night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (878.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 015.jpg (720.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (744.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (687.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Default 7 to 14 days of veg

Here are my EPSk Hz as mentioned at one to two weeks of veg under a UFO

Some raised eyebrows maybe but sure seems to work for me

Sure I heard one of the children say I KNOW WHAT I SAW!

Have been potting up every week but must say the root developement
was not as I would have imagined it to be compared to the nondescript beans Ive been practising on up to now, but as I said in the previous post, shouldnt have worried

These beans are just so full of life. Great job Shanti

Have a great weekend everyone Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (660.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (870.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (737.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (711.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Resinfinger

Nice Job so far.

Have you been using the UFO for awhile? It looks like it does a good job in veg, how does it do in flower?
Old 05-28-2010, 07:05 PM

Hi Resinfinger, nice of you to drop by,thanks for the words of encouragement

The UFO is just used for veg, tho it was bought with the intention of doing the whole job but after reading post after post on other forums saying they wont do for flowering I submitted to the lure of HIDs and now use a 400w hps

I have promised myself a little challenge of doing a full grow with the UFO
and after being pointed in the direction of supercropping by PatricStar and your good selfI think I now have one of the tequeniques(??) to realise it
One critisism of LEDs is not enough light penetration so a nice canopy job just sounds the ticket tho think it would have to be a ratio of one light to one plant for any real chance of success

But as for vegging I cant fault it
Old 05-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amathystbuddah View Post
Hi Resinfinger, nice of you to drop by,thanks for the words of encouragement

The UFO is just used for veg, tho it was bought with the intention of doing the whole job but after reading post after post on other forums saying they wont do for flowering I submitted to the lure of HIDs and now use a 400w hps

I have promised myself a little challenge of doing a full grow with the UFO
and after being pointed in the direction of supercropping by PatricStar and your good selfI think I now have one of the tequeniques(??) to realise it
One critisism of LEDs is not enough light penetration so a nice canopy job just sounds the ticket tho think it would have to be a ratio of one light to one plant for any real chance of success

But as for vegging I cant fault it
i heard ufo can be good for flowering but not on there own because of the light spectrum give of being so precise. but with a bit of extra light from cfl's ect you can get results. by the way your grows looking well so fare keep it up amathystbuddah.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:08 AM

Hi brock1 , Hows your field.. Good I hope Nice of you to pop in for a look

Did hear the idea of putting a low energy lamp in with the ufo to give more of an orange spectrum (dont know what wavelength) and triband models were coming out as well so maybe thats helped matters

Good luck to the folks who are trying new ideas and methods but I didnt want to waste 3 months messing up my first grow with unproven kit

As it turned out I managed to totally mess up my first grow with proven kit, so what does that prove

Anyhoo things are very much better now ,each grow getting better and using Shantis beans now so on to a total no brainer

Might go knock on the Toothless Herbalists door see how his girls are doing

Have fun brock1 Peace
Old 05-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

vegging with red ?

would have loved to see what they would have vegged like under the proper spectrum (blue)

but if you say they are full of life then awesome
Old 05-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Hi b0b b1tch1n hows things

The UFO leds are both red and blue tho the majority are red, maybe a ratio of
4 to1 at a guess
Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Banned

throw up some veg pics just before you flip em to 12/12 if you could
Old 05-29-2010, 02:58 PM

Default About LEDs

I have a buddy who will be doing a handful of MNS strains under two UFO LEDs for veg in a 4x4 area (equivalent to 800W HID) and two UFO LEDs and two LED panels for flower in a 4x4 area (equivalent to 1300W HID). I will post results and am confident they will be able to dismantle any RUMORS about LEDs being ineffective. And by the way, no heat means the light doesn't need its own exhaust, i.e money saved. And also the lights consume 80% less power while being maintenance free for 10s of thousands of hours! LED is the future! Also, the UFO does incorporate a blue spectrum, and so is designed for both veg and bloom. HID remains popular due to the incumbent advantage. Just as you may argue the spectrum of an LED isn't broad enough, the spectrum of an HID can be considered too broad, where energy is "wasted" on heat and light of wavelength that isn't even used by the plant. Also, for all you naturalists out there, you are doing your planet a favor by not buying mercury containing products. Again, results are the real proof and I hope to persuade some of you with my buddy's LED grow. By the way, those seedlings are lookin happy under the UFO, no

Last edited by GreenFever; 05-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.