Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Early Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015, 06:44 PM

Smile Early Haze in The Waterlands.

Early Haze in The Waterlands.
In & Outdoor at 52.5N, 4.9E. (approximately)

I have a small backyard facing North. The plants don't get a lot of direct sunlight and harvest time, end september-oktober, can be very moist/wet. I need a strain that will finish midd/end september, before the october rains fall in. I tried some autofems last year but i don't like'm. They where small, weak plants. Only 2 of 8 survived the outdoors and they didn't bring much. In frustration of the small auto's I trew in some Purple bagseed early june. These grew out to 2m+ and finished end september. So it is possible.

I was looking for seeds that would give me a genetic start at breeding my own Early Flowering Backyard Herb. I think the Early Haze has potential. This year I started with 4 seeds at the end of february. Because I have some catchin up to do I'll split the diary in parts to keep it manageble.

Part 1 - From seed to parent.

22 feb.
I planted 4 seeds in moist seed/cutling eart and put them in a propagator in the window facing north.

27 feb.
2 seeds sprouted

28 feb.
The other 2 also sprouted.

1 mrt.
The seedlings are realy stretching and I decide to put them in my micro.

7 mrt.
One week old.

15 mrt.
Two weeks old.

22 mrt.
Three weeks.

29 mrt.
Four weeks old. The plants are ready for their first transformation.
And moving into my new growspace with more height. I've been using blue lights (2x36w - 8800k PLL) to promote compact growth but the Early Haze's do not seem to respond to much. They are 25/30cm.

Untill now they were nameless seedlings. Today they will get their identity.

I took the top 10/15cm of every plant as a cutling to root and flower so I can determine their sex.

4 Parents downstairs. Their kids are upstairs in the tub.

I'll start their story in part 2.

Arnold63
Old 05-30-2015, 11:10 AM

good luck with your grow,
starting good
Old 05-30-2015, 03:10 PM

Good luck with your grow bro
Old 05-30-2015, 03:28 PM

Wink Foggin' Cuts & Roots

Thank you LRV, Carbon.

Dear Growdiary,

For rooting the cuttings I've build my own Fogger using a sealed tub with a floating minifogger inside and a propagator hood on top. I tried a bubblecloner but the little air pump is to noisy. Looking for a silent solution I found the fogger. Just to test how fast this method works, I'm not using any clone powder or gel and the water is clean, ec 0.02. The lightning is 2 x 36W880 = 72W

Part 2 - Foggin' Cuts & Roots

29 mrt.
Placed the cuttings in the fogger.

5 apr.
Foggin' for a week now. #1 and #2 are having trouble. They are upright at the start of the light cycle but they wither at the end. I've removed 2 big leaves from #1 as it was having more trouble. #3 and #4 are healthy and show new growth.

No roots on #1 or #2

And no roots on #3 and #4

6 apr.
Before the lights got out I check the clones. See how #1 and #2 wither.

I look inside the fogger and #3 and #4 show root grow.

13 apr.
After 2 weeks in the fogger it's time to move on. The new growth on #3 and #4 is alarmingly light green. They need food. I am not gonna wait for #1 and #2 to develop and I move all 4 clones into the next phase. Roots or not.

#1 - no roots

#2 - has started a root

#3 - rooted

#4 - rooted

I placed them in a DWC with 24liters of water. I'm using Advanced Nutrients GMB (pH perfect) and added 1/2 a doses for small plants to start with. 12ml Micro, 12ml Grow and 12ml Bloom.

I've plugged in 2 extra 36W so now they have 144W. 2 x 36W880 and 2 x 36W865. They are on 12/12 light cycle now to develop bloom.

Arnold63
Old 05-30-2015, 06:04 PM

Default Nice Diary

Excellent tutorial on cuttings. Pictures are great. All the best with your project.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:23 AM

Post It is Written

Thanks for the compliments Skunkha,

But it's no tutorial. I'm not explaining the basics of taking cuttings or how fog cloners works. It's just my grow diary where I document what I do and how the plants react to my actions. This way I don't need to remember everything. I only need to remember where to look it up. That's how my brain works and I like it I am not gonna explain basic grow knowledge. There are enough tutorials doing that.

I think I'll extend my life motto;

Don't worry, be Happy
Any questions? RTFM

I will use this log in the future as a reference, as I have done with a previous grow diary I did a few years ago at Wietforum.nl. As I went through that one again, in preperation of this grow, I noticed that I had gained some experience. I could pinpoint a few mistakes/bottlenecks and had idea's for improvement.

I'm a little behind, but this gives me the opportunity to organize the diary's of the different grows I have going. The parents, The clones on 12/12 and more clones to come. Next is the gender question. Show me yours and I'll decide if you'll live or die.

Arnold63
Old 05-31-2015, 12:55 AM

Default Hello Boys & Girls

Part 3 - I want your Sex.

19 apr.
One week on 12/12 in the DWC. #1 is alive, #2 shows some new growth. #3 and #4 are taking off. Bigger leafs and the internodes are stretching.

#3 and #4 also seem to get a little more color.

The older roots got some color from the nutrients but new roots are looking fine. No roots on #1 so far. Not on the picture; Roots on #2 are going slow. Not as fast as #3 or #4.

26 apr.
Two weeks on 12/12. #1 is still alive. #2 shows real growth like #3 and #4.

#1 - Still alive

Yes, after 4 weeks, it's the start of a root.

No visible flowering.

#2 has about the same growth as #3 and #4 in the previous week.

Healthy roots.

But it's a male and has to go.

Just like #4

#3 shows no flowers yet.

I presume that #1 and #3 are female and the parents will be planted in the backyard. Their clones will be kept in flowering. That will all be documented in the next parts of the diary.

Arnold63
Old 08-05-2015, 03:55 PM

Default Part 4 - Moms and Dads growing up

Part 4 - Moms and Dads growing up

In the 4 weeks that the clones have been rooting and showing gender, the parents have been growing.

29 mrt.
Freshly chopped.

5 apr.
Healthy new growth.

13 apr.
Making length.

20 apr.
More length.

27 apr.
And more.

Yesterday the #2 and #4 clones showed their male flowers. I expect #1 and #3 to be female and I will plant them in the backyard.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:08 PM

Default Part 5 - planting Day.

Part 5 - planting Day.

I'm growing in a small urban backyard facing North. Because the soil is always moist, I have build two raised grow beds. Both 60 x 120 and 20 high. This is the fourth year I'll use them. Initially I filled them with garden soil/waist/compost and various organic fertilizers. Covered it with more garden waist and let it sink in over the winter. Since then I add Fertilizers after harvest and cover it up with garden waist. Under the stones in the centre are worm tubes. I installed them last year after I landed on some info about them while googling for an easy worm farm setup and found it to be an acceptable alternative.

27 apr.
Dig a hole. The soil feels loose, moist and cool.

#1 well rooted.

Also ready to go outside.

Both planted.

A place in the sun.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:25 PM

Default part 6 - Growth.

part 6 - Growth.

3 may.
One week outdoors. #3 shows uv damage on the older leaves. #1 gets less direct sunlight and shows a little uv damage.

10 may.
Second week outdoors.

18 may.
Third week outdoors.

24 may.
Fourth week outdoors.