Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Early Haze

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default question on EH

Hello All!

Just finished my first grow ever (BW outdoor) and planning the next project. Had some serious issues with molding. Would MNS Early Haze be a good choice to grow next? I am around lat47 north.

Is it a mold resistant strain? How long is the flowering period.

Any input would be appriciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,387
Default

Iíve grown Early Haze outdoors the past 2 seasons, itís a strong plant. Iím at about 40N and I havenít experienced any mold issues. I would say flowering is in the 10 week range, some earlier, some later, I harvested in early to mid October. Depending on your climate, frost would be more of an issue.

Some fruity ones, I kept one that has a woodsy, spicy side. It has a nice effect, happy pot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default

Hey Betterhaff! Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2013, 05:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 2,026
Default BW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy View Post
Hello All!

Just finished my first grow ever (BW outdoor) and planning the next project. Had some serious issues with molding.
Hi puppy

Can you give more info on the BW grow? Do you have any photos? I'm in the middle of my first ever outdoor BW grow at a similar latitude but in the south. I would be very interested in any information you can give me on growing this strain. Message me if you want.

scrubdog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default

Hey Scrubdog!

First of all thank you for your interest.
Since it was my first grow ever, I made a bunch of mistakes. I had problem with the soils pH, which caused nutrient lockout, from 6 plants only one finished a bit after oct 15. (lat47 where I am). I'm sure I havent had success without you guys at MNS. Thanks for your help.


This one plant yielded 116g cured bud, enough for me for a year . The taste is incredible, fruity, citric, best I have ever smoked in my country. (Thank you Shantibaba!).

I dont have pictures from the flowering period, but here are some. Let me know if you have any other question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APDC0508_NEW_NEW.jpg (114.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0919_NEW.jpg (129.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0921_NEW.jpg (160.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0926_NEW.jpg (144.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0930_NEW.jpg (93.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0933_NEW.jpg (182.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0937_NEW.jpg (122.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0950_NEW.jpg (107.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0951_NEW.jpg (132.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0954_NEW.jpg (133.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg APDC0962_NEW.jpg (122.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg APDC1072_NEW.jpg (36.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg APDC1074_NEW.jpg (42.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg APDC1077_NEW.jpg (38.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg APDC1082_NEW.jpg (66.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by puppy; 11-30-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Joe King Park's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WALES
Posts: 4,154
Thumbs up High Mould Resistance And EZ To Reveg

Growing Early Haze Testers Was One Of My Favourite Summers. Early Haze Is Easy To Grow And Handles The Rains Too
I've An Outdoor Thread Somewhere
JKP
__________________
.
Growing In The Great Outdoors- Particle Article By Breeder Steve; www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1195.html
( Scroll Down Page Til Ya Find It , mmK? )
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King Park View Post
Growing Early Haze Testers Was One Of My Favourite Summers. Early Haze Is Easy To Grow And Handles The Rains Too
I've An Outdoor Thread Somewhere
JKP
Hi JKP!

Thanks for jumping in. I've checked the thread you mentioned, really nice plants. I'm still hesitating between EH and SS. Maybe I shouldn't, and go with both of them.

Do you ave any pics of cured EH bud?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Posts: 2,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy View Post
Hey Scrubdog!

First of all thank you for your interest.
Since it was my first grow ever, I made a bunch of mistakes. I had problem with the soils pH, which caused nutrient lockout, from 6 plants only one finished a bit after oct 15. (lat47 where I am). I'm sure I havent had success without you guys at MNS. Thanks for your help.


This one plant yielded 116g cured bud, enough for me for a year . The taste is incredible, fruity, citric, best I have ever smoked in my country. (Thank you Shantibaba!).

I dont have pictures from the flowering period, but here are some. Let me know if you have any other question.
Hi puppy

Thanx for the fast reply and the excellent photos. Exactly what I wanted to know. I have about 15 BW outdoors this season.

I have two questions if I may. The first is how long was the flowering period once they started? The second question is how bad was the mould (percentage loss?)... was it just during flowering... and was the mould caused by a rainy period or just general climate? What sort of summer did you have?

Sorry that was more than two questions. Actually I have one more question... how tall did the BW get? Thanx for your help puppy.

I have two EH and some MH and The Doors as well as BW this season so I will be interested in comparing how they handle the great outdoors. I had eight EH but bugs ate six of them.

scrubdog

Last edited by scrubdog; 11-30-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubdog View Post
Hi puppy

Thanx for the fast reply and the excellent photos. Exactly what I wanted to know. I have about 15 BW outdoors this season.

I have two questions if I may. The first is how long was the flowering period once they started? The second question is how bad was the mould (percentage loss?)... was it just during flowering... and was the mould caused by a rainy period or just general climate? What sort of summer did you have?

Sorry that was more than two questions. Actually I have one more question... how tall did the BW get? Thanx for your help puppy.

I have two EH and some MH and The Doors as well as BW this season so I will be interested in comparing how they handle the great outdoors. I had eight EH but bugs ate six of them.

scrubdog
Hey Scrubdog!

The flowering period was around 70 days, however I harvested earlier (no abmer trics present) for mould.

The last two weeks were very cold and rainy, moulding only caused problem during this period. Nevet before that. I lost about 70g wet bud.

We had a great sunny summer. But had a bad soil, (the plant almost passed out 2 times) So yield could be much better If I didn't fck her up..I think.

The plant on the harvest day was 225cm tall.
No problem for questions, let me know if you have more.

Hope you will get great time with you grow and you'll get better results.


puppy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL