Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Critical Skunk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2016, 11:43 AM

Default Critical skunk pheno hunt

Hello Mr. Nice forum,

Inspired by other forum members in this part of the strain base i want you to have a look at my garden and how i work.
I look for a keeper or six of the Critical skunk and there we start the look over my shoulder.
Started @ the auctions , try to win a pack of Critical skunk winter cleaning’s (1 gram) and i was lucky enough to pick up that pack! and two "normal" packs of Critical skunk in the next month. Picked up some other genetics to. I had a good price at the actions, don't go there

Within a week or two, after i pay the seeds, i have them at my place. First i put the Critical skunk (and Critical mass) in a 12 hour soak of tap water with a normal dose start booster in a glass.
A few CS, Auto Og kush and Critical mass (og kush seeds are a week old) and going out door in the next weeks...guerilla, grow, seeds, style keep u updated!

Then i fill the first pre growing pots, 0.26 gallon (0,55L) and water them with tap water
(280PPM) EC 0.4 and start booster at 420 PPM (420 i see now!) EC 0,6 - Ph 5,5, the soil i use has some nuts in it.
From a new bag bi ground, every fresh start i do a 1:1.5 extraction on the soil to see what is up, and it give me every time a measured EC around 2.0-2,4. The Ph is 5,6-6.2 most of the time below EC 6.0.

No pictures of that part...

Then i put them between some unbleached coffee filters with the same nutrients solution. 90%+ (2 not of 45) of the two packs CS came out the first day and 55% of the winter cleaning’s pack came out the first day. The day after that another 20% came out. From the 96 seeds 23 did not show roots after the first 48 hour, no problem! i wait another week to see what is more to come out.

The picture above is what is left of the 96 seeds after the 48 hour and just before transplanting the second day's out come to pre grow pots.
The seeds that came out after first day i put in a pre-grow room with 2 x 55 w 9500K lights above, my Gavita plasmas are not here at the moment so in the next days i put on more pl light.
Next day a few more arrive

I Keep u up do date , enjoy your day and smile.

Last edited by Noisyboy; 05-17-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Text corrections
Old 05-17-2016, 03:47 PM

Dude. You are gonna have some serious selection work ahead of you!

Fantastic.

I'll be tuned in for this one. I can't wait to see what you find!

Looking forward to the next update,
Jake

Obey the nature of things, and you will walk freely and undisturbed.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the answer Jake. I look at your topic to , good haze always welcome here. I love Amnesia. Critical haze is on my list to but first this.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:17 AM

Whoa dude you really do have your work cut out for you to sort through all those little ones. I wish you the best, im sure you will find some gems in there for sure. Im in for the ride brother. Love the CS
Old 06-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Thanx professorjj
I hope to find a few good ones to, enjoy the ride

We are a few weeks later in de grow stage and 15 seeds of the 90 wintercleaning seeds not came out. A few did nothing more when i put them in soil , first selection done . I don’t have much light above the seedlings but the temp is already 28C so no option to put on another 110W of light on. They have to wait two or three weeks more before i can put them in the flower room so no hurry here, i water them 2 times so fare and one of these days i water them again (50-80ml a plant) I come back to how i do that later. I foliar spray the with some nutrispray (spore elements) and regulator (Sodium silicate) with a drop of cal/mag booster. I buy a six pack of high end mineral water with CO2 to mix the nuts with the extra CO2 cant hurt them

One is white a albino i think, not going to make it. To bad, i love to see a full white cannabis plant in full bloom one day.

Enjoy the day and a lot of happiness for you all

Last edited by Noisyboy; 06-02-2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: type mistakes and adding text
Old 06-02-2016, 10:06 PM

Hi Noisyboy, great to have a look at your garden, growstyle and methods. Good luck with the pheno hunt. I'm interested.

The white one is not an albino. It's dead.

Keep'm green
Old 07-04-2016, 11:36 PM

Hey Noisyboy just wanted to check in and see how they are going. I hope things are cruising.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:49 PM

I'm still at the pre grow phase

here they are just after putting them in 3L containers , have to order them so they have some extra time in the 0.5L containers what did them no good if you water them not good enough.

Right after that i take cuttings of almost every plant.

The first ones rooted in 8 days (critical mass)

Then i put them in the flower room but at 18 hour of light

I put some extra seeds in the ground , critical and two pounder , the two pounder is al sow for a outdoor seed grow. two outdoor seed grow spots this year

In the back of the picture the two pounders (the ones with rockwool) and on the right some critical skunk who did not grow fast, on the front the "white label" criticals ( i think royal queen seeds lookalikes)

watering the plants:
When i put the plants in a new container i measure the weight. Lets say the container (3L) with the plant weigh 1285 gram, them i put 250 ml extra in it and we have pots weigh around 1500 gram (1,5kg) now i wait until the pots way less than 1000 gram (1kg) = around 60% of the start weight and give them water for the first time and repeat that process until week 2 / 3 of the grow and switch to automatic watering. I donít weigh every plant i have a hand full i check and calculate how much water they need.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:45 PM

11 days in to flower, i have found 90% of the males at this moment. Removed them and killed the most , a few i put outdoor in the woods to collect pollen later. In the pre grow room the cuttings are going well, most of the males are gone the rest i put in 3L containers soon.

Yesterday i get rid of the males and put the females in 11L containers. I have more then 50 females and a handful who not show sex. Al sow a have 6 MNS critical mass plants and 4 male critical mass plants in the woods already. later this grow i put some pollen on the lower branches of 3 or 4 of the critical mass to make seeds. With 4 Critical Skunk i do the same so i can do another selection with those seeds if i want or store them in my seed boxes in the refrigerator.

The 4 selected critical skunk males who go to the woods tonight.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:15 PM

The males are outside. First the Critical mass males.

The Critical skunk males i put a few meters away.

Hard to see them

In two weeks i collect the pollen of each strain and put some on the lower brances of a few critical skunk and critical mass indoor plants.