Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Critical Mass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Yo fxginbcn,
just had a look at your pics and IMHO the yellowing leaves are a little bit worrying.
It looks like that they're either being over watered or need more nutes, but could be nute def, as they seem to be putting on buds on top, which could be sucking the nutes from the bottom of the plant if there ain't enough in the soil.

The annoying thing about using tip burn as a guide is that you might cause that to happen around day 14 of flower,by slightly overfeeding, before the plants needed the boost, but by day 21 they've started to put on flowers and will have sucked up the excess nutes from the soil and are looking for more.
You'll still have tip burn even though your girls are starting to go nute deficent, so that's when you gotta keep and eye on other things like yellowing of leaves from the bottom up, or leaf stems going purple. These things normally show from the bottom of the plant first, then start to work there way up, so try and keep the bottom half of your plant looking as healthy as the top half and it should help alleviate any nute def problems.

It could be overwatering too though, but you seem to know how to judge that one, that's why I think nute def has started.

Try and stick to using the same type of nutes and soil for a few crops, it'll make things alot easier to figure out, and if your using clones then even better.
I tuned my skills in using Bio-Bizz nutes and their nute schedule and multi purpose compost from the local garden centre, that was it, only thing I'd recommend doing different is using Bio- Canna instead of Bio-Bizz as it's alot more concentrated and uses less bottles for the same results.

Peace, GG
Old 05-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Glad to be of help mate,

Re the Bio Bizz schedule, you made the same mistake alot of people do when they see it, it's a badly designed chart.

The first 2 weeks on it are for veg,then there's a 8-9 week flowering schedule.

Here's the link to the download
http://www.biobizz.nl/downloads

As I said, try and stick with the same type of soil and use this schedule and after a while you'll be able to tweak it a bit to suit the plants your working with.

Bio Bizz produces great results and most plants can handle more than the chart says, but for now it's a really good place to start.

Peace,
GG
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Billy Liar

Hope things are going well here for you FXG...
would be nice to hear about progress..
Peace
BL
Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 PM

Lightbulb If You Pack It In , Pack It Out- ALL Rubbish

Leaving Spot ; Always Go Around Something Rather Than Through It
Did You Know Cannabis Was Once Believed To Be A Member Of The Nettle Family ?
Nettles Make For A Great Human Deterrant ( It's Sting Ingrained In Ones Memory Bank Automatically Makes One Avoid Them.)
In This Image There Appears To be A Cannabis Plant Amongst Them , But It Is Just A Welsh Weed .
Kinda Gives You The Idea Though.
Only Downside To Nettles Is The Mould That Often Infects Them After They Flower.
Joe

P.S ; Even A Foil Candy Wrap Can Use The Suns Power To Spark A Nasty Gorse Bush Fire. Bottles ( Plastic And Glass ) Have Often Caused A Fire As Well
Cover All Tools In A Burlap Sack And Hide Them.
Leave Non Lethal Trip Wires To Monitor Your Site While You Are Away ( Deer Will Avoid These Fishing Lines As They Can Hear The Sonic Sound They Produce
Humans Can't
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Human Fence - Nettles and Non Cannabis Plant.jpg (493.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
lol... My humidifier did actually break down and i had to get another one. Make of that what you will Anyway, if you get limescale then you have to filter your water... as far as i know anyway.
If You Get Limescale Your Water Supply Is On The Hard Side
Hard Water Takes A Lot Of Phosphoric Acid ( PH Down ) To Adjust PPM/CF/EC
And Nitric Acid Is Much More Efficient .
More Important Than Filtration Is The 24 Hours " Standing Period " Which Allows The Evaporation Of Chlorine And Fluoride
Heres A Super Easy Way of Increasing Humidity Whilst Allowing You A Couple Of Days Away On Holidaze
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capillary Matting System- ECC-DIY-03.jpg (164.9 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Thumbs up Mmmm Critical Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxginbcn View Post
week 5 of flowering

please dont hate on my plants if they look shitty....
Looking really nice if you ask me fxginbcn, not shitty at all, only in week 5 bloom too! Your going to have a nice result there aren't you? Them heads look pukka.

Look forward to seeing them at the end, and with the higher quality pictures you mentioned.

Keep up the good work.

Peace.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Billy Liar

great stuff fxg,
around a week or so left??? that will be the heavy week for sure dude..
You know I'm not very knowledgeable with soil/organic growing, but if they were hydro plants I'd say it looks like they needed a little more N for the first couple of weeks 12/12.. this often doesn't show it's self till last few weeks of flower when leaves start to yellow.. a problem I'm trying to sort out with my perpetual grow...
All in all tho Buds look SUPER...

peace and love
BL
Old 06-29-2010, 06:35 AM

Lovely compact girls fxginbcn wish mine were as dinky

Keep up the good work and enjoy
Old 07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Billy Liar

Nice...
Happy smoking...

peace
BL