Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > CBD-crew

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Banned

Default CBD Crew Hermies

I've been lucky enough to find some hermie plants from my CBD Crew grow.

There's 1 hermie nordle from 5 fem seeds and 2 hermie critical mass from 10 fem seeds. I'm hoping no more turn!
20% hermie rate from 3 packs and 2 different strains is poor imo.

What's pissed me off a bit is I'm getting some early pistil browning so looks like some pollinations gone on.
Defeats the object selling feminine seeds to save patients time if they turn herm and ruin the entire crop, eh!
Coincidently, no regular widows turned,,,

Shanti, did you have any issues with herms in testing?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:09 AM

hello "stargazer"

does fishy know you?

if so, pm me with the code word canopus

if not, what do you have against hermies
Old 06-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofus View Post
hello "stargazer"

does fishy know you?

if so, pm me with the code word canopus

if not, what do you have against hermies
Dont take this wrongly but why would anyone like hermies in there seeds? Other then to make fem seeds by having to stress a plant i cant see why onyone would want them.

Just my opinion oneofus. Do u know something i dont about why i or anyone should like finding them?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Breeder and moderator

Hi All

to answer this issue of hermies in the CBD strains of fem seed is difficult for me as here at MNS we do not do fem seed for exactly these reasons.
No person or company can be certain that a grower will not experience an intersexed plant when using fem seed, that I am certain of and that is why MNS does not offer a fem line.

CBD-crew is a series of companies and growing daily . Our main aim is to enrich a set of lines with CBD, define a level where we refer to the strain as a medical strain and basically bring a good product to all types of growers and patients at a fair price . In the time we have all put into this product we have learnt a great deal ourselves, and have been as clear to each other without considering consequences or biasing our results . In the sample of S1 seeds(those in CBD packets) of over 100 different samples we did not see intersexed plants. We kept the same conditions for all strains and had many people watch the end result living and dried. So while it was clear to us we did the processes as well as we can, it does not mean the seeds will be free of all issues...especially as the environment of the grows will all vary.

I can also tell you Dutch Passion is doing their own blog grow of CBD Skunk Haze, as well as others since we all believe to do better with regulating a standard seed for the patients who wish to grow and control their own medicine.

I personally think if a patient gets one good plant out of 5 seeds and clones it to maintain a regulated version of grown medicaments, it will still be a better option than not being sure. With the chemotype we are sure and I really do not think others can say this about any strain they claim to be called medical and that can be replicated by original parent plants time and time again. Forsure there are clones of tested plants with enriched levels of CBD to THC in the community, but not everyone can reach the clone market...hence the CBD-crew strains.

All I can say for the crew is we are doing our best on the research and breeding of enriched CBD strains, we are not perfect and never said we were, but we are at least giving some people in some places an alternative that is possible and affordable, while continuing to solve identify and breed new things to help the medical community.

Hope that satisfies all those who confuse things at times....all the best sb

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba
http://www.mrnice.nl
Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

lol, thanks for the reply shanti

No confusion here. Actually, maybe a bit after reading that post, lol

I realise the odd hermie goes with the territory with fems but 20% is high.
Regardless whether you find a keeper in every pack you don't want 1 or 2 hermies to go with it, might as well just grow regular seed.

There's some keepers there by the looks of it so it's only a minor setback. Few of em are very nice plants. Won't be trying any other CBD fems though, bit dodgy.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:54 PM

CBD tester here my Critical Mass CBD will be up soon...Also i had 9 Girls of the Z7 and no hermie, and My AC leaks light like a sieve. To date i have run 7-9 strains of MNS and
only one G13/Hz herm but i do my research n devlopment room with more stress then my production rooms, to weed out week clones. Just my 2
Old 06-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Greetings star gazer,

I'm very sorry to hear you got some males out of the cbd fems.

Hopefully you will find a keeper or 2, something you can clone.

I'm interested to see the lab results for these test plants that people are growing.

I don't want to say I told you so but I have been questioning the ability to take many different strains and enrich them with CBD to obtain a stable "cbd enriched" strain in seed form.

Let me ask a question, if the plant that the S1's came from had a 1:1 CBD:tch ratio, does that mean that every single S1 will have the same ratio?

Best Regards

sXi
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock1 View Post
Dont take this wrongly but why would anyone like hermies in there seeds? Other then to make fem seeds by having to stress a plant i cant see why onyone would want them.

Just my opinion oneofus. Do u know something i dont about why i or anyone should like finding them?
Hey brock1,

I was joking mate. Of course no one wants to find hermies. Sorry if I offended anyone (again)
Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 PM

G13/Hz, NL5xAfg and Remedy all hermed a bit on me. All other MNS F-1's seem fine but heck you can have a herm pop up here and there with F1 so having an occasional hermie with the CBD fems will happen no doubt but thats quite a high number, are the conditions pretty good? Did you do anything new or different this run? I always check my methods first and then think it may be the seed if everything is up to par. Not blaming you or the seed just asking some questions
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
lol, thanks for the reply shanti

No confusion here. Actually, maybe a bit after reading that post, lol

I realise the odd hermie goes with the territory with fems but 20% is high.
Regardless whether you find a keeper in every pack you don't want 1 or 2 hermies to go with it, might as well just grow regular seed.

There's some keepers there by the looks of it so it's only a minor setback. Few of em are very nice plants. Won't be trying any other CBD fems though, bit dodgy.
Hi Stargazer,
According to Shanti, part of the reason the CBDcrew agreed to release feminized versions of their strains was because,"people with terminal illnesses and little growing experience do not have the time to wait .This was the point that made it clear for us to release a feminized version of Z6 and Z7."

Im not sure what is dodgy about discovering a possible known phenomena with feminized varieties, if you're familiar with the literature they are part of the balance struck between the positives and negatives associated with feminized lines. Shanti has been perhaps the most vocal in the industry in educating the public about the balance struck between the positives and negatives associated with feminized strains, but even when striking a compromise for those who are truly in need still finds himself in the line of site.

Quote:
Originally posted by sativaxindica,
Greetings star gazer,

I'm very sorry to hear you got some males out of the cbd fems.

Hopefully you will find a keeper or 2, something you can clone.

I'm interested to see the lab results for these test plants that people are growing.

I don't want to say I told you so but I have been questioning the ability to take many different strains and enrich them with CBD to obtain a stable "cbd enriched" strain in seed form.

Let me ask a question, if the plant that the S1's came from had a 1:1 CBD:tch ratio, does that mean that every single S1 will have the same ratio?

Best Regards

sXi
Hi sxi,
Not long ago many people were under the impression the entire range of CBD crew lines were all hybrids with cannatonic, some to the point of anger if their information was challenged. We later found out that indeed the cannatonic offerings were limited and the latest rounds were in fact cbd enriched otherwise.

So unless you've discussed the methodology with those involved, Im not sure how your doubts can be anchored in the harbor unless you're running off fumes.

Basic community rules for the Mr Nice Seedbank forum
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/1-about-w...ank-forum.html
Closed Thread