Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > CBD-crew

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up Thanks for the offer!

I appreciate your gratitude on the f2 line you spoke about. I typically only grow f1 seeds just for my own curiosity growing a line. I would really be interested for sure, if I knew you really were a brick layer. If this is true, send me a pm and I will discuss it further with you. I also have female seeds from my #30 MW x NH #5 if you want to experience a MASSIVE sativa, that is stoney and Euphoric at the same time,and AWESOME smoke,taste,smell I will share if interested. Thanks for your trust. peace, resinbud
Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 PM

i spoke to Shanti about my concerns of having herm problems with the CBD lines. I won't say much as it was private but apparently CBD Critical Mass needs heavy feedings throughout its life cycle. I don't know if you spoke to him yet but he seemed to calm my concerns but ruled nothing out. I will say that when i asked will my CBD Nordle herm he said test em and then let him know but that he didn't expect much but maybe the rare banana at the end of flowering which happens in many lines when taken the distance. So I believe that this first round of testing is crucial as it will definitely firm up the future of the CBD crew and its work possibly eliminating certain strains while offering new ones. Soon as mine arrive it'll be CBD Nordle time and hopefully no herms. Wouldn't have sold em yet but apparently September the stock will be released to the masses. Tho a limited amount was already sold.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

Hi Res, hope ur well bro.

Sorry about the delay getting back to ya, ain't been on for a while.
As I said mate ur more than welcome. I'll contact u soon to let ya k ow my plans and time frame etc. Might have to chat about that monster sat as well
Speak soon bro, take care.

Hi curious,
The first round of testing shoulda been done BEFORE selling them to patients! Patients shouldn't be testing these beans for the breeders, and certainly shouldnt be paying to do so! Only testing about 15 seeds from each variety grown in 1 environment is not adequate. IMO that shows their priority is certainly not the patients/growers otherwise why would they be comfortable releasing after so little testing?
Anyway, good luck with the beans curious.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Banned

I'm not gonna waste any time posting more pics here but will finish the other thread when I get chance.

I wasn't happy with any of the plants really. Could well be because of the hermie problems so will run most of the remaining plants again, but ATM I'm very disappointed.

I ain't tested any yet but will definitely have them done soon. The oil's just beginning to be used so will update after some decent use. It seems to be higher CBD as the effects are different and without the redeye or much 'high' to it. Hopefully it will be effective and I'll find a couple of plants worth keeping. The best yielding, strongest plant was a widow but 10-11 weeker so not ideal really.

Last edited by StarGazer; 07-10-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

First impressions and early feedback on the CBD Oil and CBD hash are very good!

Tiny doses of oil is already relieving arthritic pain after a couple of days of using 15mg each morning which is a definite improvement on the normal low CBD strain oil. The CBD polm (70 micron) is also relieving gastric pain in a matter of minutes after only a few puffs on a vaporiser. A couple of hours relief is being achieved each time. About 80-90% reduction in pain. Low CBD strains or any painkillers including the strongest codeine medication couldnt manage anywhere near this. Should have feedback from cancer and RA patients in the near future. The oil and polm were made using a mix of all the plants.

So credit where it's due, the final product seems to be doing the trick!
Providing I get some strong plants to keep I'll be happy. I won't know for sure until the next run though.
I'm confident in the medicine though so that's good.

Last edited by StarGazer; 07-11-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Banned

Cool

To be a tester you have to be brave to take the flak.peeps should be thanking you for the time your putting in for the beans. I always thought the breeders do the work and selection over time .we Test them if thumbs-up they get released to public. Mind you do any seed companys Test grow now or is it left to the growers to iron out the kinks is that Not the breeders job.peace.t
Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmcd View Post
To be a tester you have to be brave to take the flak.peeps should be thanking you for the time your putting in for the beans. I always thought the breeders do the work and selection over time .we Test them if thumbs-up they get released to public. Mind you do any seed companys Test grow now or is it left to the growers to iron out the kinks is that Not the breeders job.peace.t
lots of breeders still do testers , and most dont charge for test beans , even shipping is paid by them

peace
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 PM

I selfed a buddies silver purple plant a few years ago for Him, and he reported that he thinks they may all be male. I always hated that plants high anyway.

I dont have any CBD grew gear, but I do have the original Salmon Creek Big Bud red label clone incorporated into my Blue Crush line. Salmon Creek is known for plentiful CBDs. Someone in Humboldt, some years ago pollinated the Salmon Creek Clone with Orange Crush, and that has been one of the primary progenetors I use. I have never seen any male parts in this line.

Headband throws nanners late in bloom. But those my friends are lucky nanners. You want a seed from those. We let the original headband go last year after finding a superior plant in the selfed seed last winter.

Vietnam black is what Ive seen herm badly I have probably 14 crosses , and maybe over 1000 seeds I wont run because Viet Black Hermed on me un noticed for a few days.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
First impressions and early feedback on the CBD Oil and CBD hash are very good!

Tiny doses of oil is already relieving arthritic pain after a couple of days of using 15mg each morning which is a definite improvement on the normal low CBD strain oil. The CBD polm (70 micron) is also relieving gastric pain in a matter of minutes after only a few puffs on a vaporiser. A couple of hours relief is being achieved each time. About 80-90% reduction in pain. Low CBD strains or any painkillers including the strongest codeine medication couldnt manage anywhere near this. Should have feedback from cancer and RA patients in the near future. The oil and polm were made using a mix of all the plants.

So credit where it's due, the final product seems to be doing the trick!
Providing I get some strong plants to keep I'll be happy. I won't know for sure until the next run though.
I'm confident in the medicine though so that's good.
Hey mate! Sounds great, very exciting! May you achieve the very best in all ur doing there.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
I'm not gonna waste any time posting more pics here but will finish the other thread when I get chance.

I wasn't happy with any of the plants really. Could well be because of the hermie problems so will run most of the remaining plants again, but ATM I'm very disappointed.
Has shanti mentioned anything about how he is gong to fix the hermie problems in the CBD lines?

There must be some point he can backtrack to and continue differently to eliminate the hermies?

sXi