Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Black Widow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 AM

Default Black Widow Flower pics

Got these beans "med direct" from Shanti last winter...I only cracked 2 seeds. I had this plant in an E&F table and ended up transplanting into promix about 3-4 weeks into flower. She didn't like the small square hydro pots. Actually I don't think she liked the mid-flower transplant either..lol

Her growth was stunted from cramped roots and she also got hit really hard with some hermie pollen from a near-by plant...So I put this girl through the ringer . Good thing I cloned her because she smells like bubblegum..I love the smell and love this plant. Can't wait to fill a whole tent with this girl. She is all pollyed up in the pics but still smells lovely and is way frostier now even. This is her @ about 6.5 weeks. I think she'll be perfect at about 9 maybe 8 weeks with no more problems....Will update with bigger better improved plant photos when I get a good run on her.

- Thanks Shanti for this creation...Great strain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03050[1].JPG (119.5 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03051[1].JPG (127.9 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03041[1].JPG (133.4 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03053[1].JPG (128.8 KB, 343 views)
Old 10-07-2010, 03:15 AM
british_hempire

She looks good despite the abuse, look forward to seeing how she turns out from clone, it's always difficult to get the best out of anything from seed so it's always wise to clone anything that shows potential so you can have the opportunity to fully learn how she likes to be treated in order to give her best over subsequent clone runs. Some people I know refuse to judge anything until they have run it 3-4 times as a cutting.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:56 AM

Default >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
She looks good despite the abuse, look forward to seeing how she turns out from clone, it's always difficult to get the best out of anything from seed so it's always wise to clone anything that shows potential so you can have the opportunity to fully learn how she likes to be treated in order to give her best over subsequent clone runs. Some people I know refuse to judge anything until they have run it 3-4 times as a cutting.
Thanks british_hempire, I know it's weird...people are crazy runnin clones 3x +....I just let my nose do the work from seed. The other plant I got has the same smell though. Was Just slower to flower with less yield so I used my eyes and nose this time..... it's a simple choice when workin with small numbers. (like 2 seeds in my case )...gave the clone of the other plant to medpatient friend. So maybe he'll show me something I missed, but I doubt it.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Wow, your plant looks great! So much sugar! Very nice, please post some more pic soon.

All the best,
Dawn
Thanks Dawn, she has more and more sugar everyday....Will post pics of dried bud shots when I chop her down.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:22 PM

Default >>>

Couldn't resist...had to crack 9 more....100% germination rate. A new method for these seeds....Everytime I crack seed I do it differently...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0032[1].jpg (102.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM

Hi there bdubyas,
Damn nice girl there, is she down yet? If she is whats the stone like
Good look with the little ones too Peace AB
Old 10-24-2010, 02:57 AM

Default >>>

Yeah.... it's dry too....and the other plant is down also.... I didn't have time to take pics....I will eventually gets some dry bud shots up... And pics of the seedlings....everthing is good with them.

Both plants were stellar in scent, aroma & taste.... BW has that "expando" smoke that explodes your lungs if you take to big of a hit. TRUE DANK.

I clipped a sample bud a week early and let dry....I took 2 hits and 15 miutes later I was so paranoid I thought I was having a panic attack....But at the same time I was laughing at myself because I knew I was just really BAKED.

Now mind you I am a light smoker...Only puff about a joint a day at the most. Now that the plants are down I have tried some of the finished buds (about 10 -15% amber or 63 dAYS)...And they are great...A very happy high...like the high you got when you first started smoking.....You know???....when everything was so new and you found laughter and excitment in almost anything....A care free feeling of enjoyment.

For "ME", it's like this.....there was this weed going around in the early nineties around here that was the best ever....had all the things you could want.....tatse, aroma, potency and a high that was just so clean and so much better than the rest. It stopped circulating and ever since I havn't been impressed with anything I've seen in a long time. I spent the next ten years trying to explain to folks that their weed just wasn't that good, and that it wasn't worth what they were paying or trying to sell it for....
Well... BW is "that weed" as far as I'm concerned.....

It is the stickiest weed ever....the leafs literally peel off the buds. You can see the resin sticking on the buds like the saliva in between the teeth in a snakes mouth...<<<(random analogy-lol)...I took a nice size wet bud home (away from grow) and the old lady made me get it out, becuase the smell blew out the entire 3000 sq ft. condo.

I had a horrible run on these 2 plants and the finshed product is still top-shelf... I kinda regret giving away the lower yielding clone because she has a little more grape kool-aid scent to her that I like....I'm sure I'll get her back but in the meen-time I'll be busy hunting for other representations of the BW in the 9 seeds I cracked....I'll also be looking forward to getting a better grow on the selected plant I have now. I beat her up so bad I got a few S1 seed out her also...

Very happy with this strain.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:43 AM

Talking

Sounds like some good smelling bud friend. I look forward to tagging along and seeing what you get from those magic beans.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:13 AM

Looking good 'Ling-Ling'!

Keep up the good work.

Peace.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:00 AM

Default >>>

Thanks REDEYE

Couple Bud shots and attempted macros on smushed trichomes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03185.JPG (57.4 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03187.JPG (48.2 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03179.JPG (39.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03218.JPG (48.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03220.JPG (43.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03211.JPG (82.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03215.JPG (75.6 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by bdubyas; 10-30-2010 at 01:22 AM.