Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Afghan Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:47 AM

Default afghan haze, mazar i sharif and bodhi sativa

germinated and put under shop lights (160 watts i think) and then so far 3 weeks of veg under a 400 w mh with added red spectrum. some were topped and fimmed when the 5th node appeared (to control height and give a semi even canopy). Left the bottom branches only on the bodhi since it is so vigorous the bottom branches have almost reached the top of the plant. ran into a calcium defiency with the afghan haze but i seem to nipped that in the bud. Now i am seeing holes in some of the top fan leaves, happens every single grow during veg then i spray with neem and it usaully subsides in flower any suggestions on what kind of bugs are doing this? (My camera doesnt do close ups well) Going to put them in flower soon, seems like i have
2+ phenos. One more haze pheno without a thick canopy where all branches get light and a more dense thicker canopy with no light going to the bottom. some of the afghan hazes are skunky and smelling up the grow room already.
First pic all afghan haze, second the more haze pheno, third the mazar i sharif and last but not least the bodhi sativa (one of my favorite strains i took it 14.5 weeks last time).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4812.jpg (243.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4816.jpg (218.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4819.jpg (148.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4820.jpg (233.4 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by catalyst; 12-19-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Got a front row seat for this one

Nice toes!!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:08 PM

are the Mazar i Shariff the freebies from the boo awhile back or is it a line/strain from a breeder...nice looking plants u have there also

Card carrying medical marijuana patient...any and all cannabis is for PERSONAL medical use!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd420 View Post
are the Mazar i Shariff the freebies from the boo awhile back or is it a line/strain from a breeder...nice looking plants u have there also
the mazar is from the boo, it kinda looks similar to the more indica phenos of the afghan haze.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 AM

put them into flower, now we just wait to see how many females i got. They are all in one gallon containers...how late into flower can i retransplant if i have more space then expected? (higher male to female ratio, i have got a place for any males i come across now)
Old 12-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
put them into flower, now we just wait to see how many females i got. They are all in one gallon containers...how late into flower can i retransplant if i have more space then expected? (higher male to female ratio, i have got a place for any males i come across now)
i wouldn't wait any longer than 14days max...i've read in many grow books that one should transplant before flowering but if necessary most books i have say after two weeks you will really slow down the plant a bit...instead of putting energy into bud growth, resin production, etc. the plant focuses energy on rooting which costs in yield and will make flowering times a bit longer...also transplanting some "sensitive plants" during flowering can cause hermies so you just got to be tender and delicate with transplanting...i had clones on my last run and transplanted half two weeks into flower and the yield suffered and also the transplanted clones took a week to 10days longer to finish...in the end u break even on time so it really depends on the space you have and the number of plants you wanna run...i personally focus on 9females at a time maximum and transplant and allow a good 10-14days veg before flower as it really boosts yield and gives plants thicker stems and allow larger buds that don't require as much support for weight,etc.

EDIT: Heard some good reports on the free Mazar from the boo...supposely brought from Mazar I Sharif to europe through a british soldier who collected the seed while serving over-seas and then supplied them as a gift to gypsy...seems like a plant that could have potential for breeding as its supposively a true IBL from Mazar grown by the natives, smoke reports range from the occasional keeper to plants that are very landrace looking (lacking taste as it has not been refined by a breeder)

Card carrying medical marijuana patient...any and all cannabis is for PERSONAL medical use!

Last edited by sbd420; 12-22-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:16 AM

the mazar i shariff is male...so i trimmed it up and will go in a separate room in a box with a 60w bulb to collect some pollen...not sure if i will use it but may give to one of my med friends in pdx to use with his bullrider.....
Old 12-26-2009, 08:59 PM

Default been one week at 11/13

some updated pics all plant together and diff. shots of my afghan haze growing structure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4895.jpg (180.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4897.jpg (178.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4900.jpg (159.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4885.JPG (360.6 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by catalyst; 12-26-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:43 AM

how long does it usually take the afghan haze to show sex after switching to flower? The mazar i shariff showed balls pretty quick but he rest are still unknown.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 AM

it can take a lil while with haze hybrids if they are not vegged until preflowers show and then switched to 12/12...for example if you veg the plant 6-8wks you'll see preflowers and can flip and find em rather fast...if you don't veg hazes long (which is why most run cuttings of a selected mother-the age of the plant with hazes really impacts the flowering period from my experience) it can take a lil while, anywhere from 10-21days of 12/12 would be my guess with your 3 week veg depending on the haze dominance in the particular pheno...best of luck and keep it green