Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base > Afghan Haze

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Af/hz x ask

I was lucky enough to get some beans from shanti. being an outdoor grower i was hoping for something with less than a ten week flowig cycle due to i short season but i ended up getting a pack labeled af/hz x ask. do you think that stands for afgan skunk? if so would that help with shortening the flowering cycle? this year was my first year growing from bagseed and i learned a vittle but im hyped to take there babys for a spin next year. out of twenty five refer should i be able to find a indica dominate phenowith short flowing to use as a mother. sorry about any misspelling there may be in using a cell phone.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM

well i've been following many grow logs on this strain but i've never growed it myself...from what i've seen there are pheno's that'll fall in the 8 week range while others can take 10-12 so it really depends on selection and the desired pheno...indoors she seems to stretch a bit but nothing to be too concerned about as long as height isn't a problem...every report i've read says its top notch and i personally can't wait for the hybrid to come on the market so i can grab a pack myself...u lucky bastard...lol
Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiesaw View Post
I was lucky enough to get some beans from shanti. being an outdoor grower i was hoping for something with less than a ten week flowig cycle due to i short season but i ended up getting a pack labeled af/hz x ask. do you think that stands for afgan skunk? if so would that help with shortening the flowering cycle? this year was my first year growing from bagseed and i learned a vittle but im hyped to take there babys for a spin next year. out of twenty five refer should i be able to find a indica dominate phenowith short flowing to use as a mother. sorry about any misspelling there may be in using a cell phone.
hiya Eddiesaw

they must be the AfghanHaze x AfghanSkunk , these are quite practical and they are a good Haze hybrid that should finish quite fast outdoors.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Scorpion

hi eddiesaw,
i have 2 of these outdoors now,one is earlier and should finish in a few weeks,
Heavy Solid Colas...big plants,big yield. needs stakeing as the flowers will break branches!

good choice for outdoor with an early plant selection.

scorpion

Last edited by Scorpion; 09-22-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:33 PM

THANKS CURIOUS im really hoping to find my short flowering pheno from there 25 seeds. maybe if your close enough i'll send you one ha. LEET:-) thanks for stopping by. i just found the thread talking about the ones that were auctioned off. i wish that i was able to find a decent outdoor grow report. Curious. where were there grow diarys?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
hi eddiesaw,
i have 2 of these outdoors now,one is earlier and should finish in a few weeks,
Heavy Solid Colas...big plants,big yield. needs stakeing as the flowers will break branches!

good choice for outdoor with an early plant selection.

scorpion
wow man those are looking nice. how long did you veg for? how many weeks into flower are they? are the nute hogs? any mold issues? anything i should know? lol
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 PM

there's a couple threads in the breeder support section #6...hope it helps and LOOKING forward to that free seed, just kidding...i've heard nothing but fantastic things from this strain and talked to Shanti personally recently about the hybrid...he stated it was a very practical haze hyrbrid for both indoors and outdoors and that its been reported by many to be a fantastic pain management strain...when Shanti restocks on the LMT's i'll be picking up some AFHZXAGSK and some MangoHaze...good luck in your search as i'm sure they're something special for everyone and with 25beans i'd imagine you'll find a few keepers to say the least...all the best (in Shanti's words)
Old 09-23-2008, 12:21 AM

This is a vigorous plant from seed and comes on strong from the get go! They will sprout in 3 days from when you plant them in your mix. I use 100% coco. They look like a great genetic. I will keep you posted. peace
Old 09-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiesaw View Post
wow man those are looking nice.
how long did you veg for?
how many weeks into flower are they?
are the nute hogs? any mold issues?
anything i should know? lol
hi eddie,
I started the seed in may,and transplant outdoors
they began flower late july/august
Im useing hesi coco and they love it
no mold,but I have a dry desert climate,so mold is almost never an issue,your results may vary in a wetter climate.
copy all plants and flower out the clones...
i only have two females so you will get some difference in larger numbers...
well worth the effort.

scorpion
Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 AM

Default Wide leafed baby?

Hello! Eddie, Scorp, I have planted all 7, and only 5 have germed through the coco. One seed never germed, and the other one stopped just before popping through the coco. I have one seedling as described with Big solid blades G13 and very solid in structure for three days old. Two babies are very small leafed and tiny by comparison. One seedling is very lanky and tall, and bending over like a coconut tree. The fifth one is very nice, and was born twelve days earlier. Scorpion, did you have a wide leafed baby? Was it your keeper by chance? Have any of you out there found a baby like I have described with a look all her own or him? Amazing and only three days old. All of the sisters and brothers must have been adopted by comparison. peace all !