Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

View Poll Results: Potency Only, Which is more potent and has a stronger effect, Smoking or Vaporizers?
Smoking is better than vaporizers for potency. 35 38.89%
Vaporizers are better than smoking for potency. 26 28.89%
Vaporizers are the same as smoking for potency. 1 1.11%
Don't know, I have never used a vaperizer. 20 22.22%
I haven't used a vaporizer enough times to form a distinct opinion 8 8.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 02:40 AM

Hi Josh

If you haven't already done so you should check out this thread:
Reasons why you should vaporize...

I have a cold/flu right now and vaporizing is the only way to take my meds without the horrible side effects that come from smoking while sick with a virus.

If you want to have an experience that is a combination of vapping/burning then I suggest starting on a high temp. You will exhale a bit of smoke compared to the faint mist of vapor and it is not as smooth, but it will get you high faster.

Last edited by HHHG; 06-20-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Brick Top

While about the delivery/intake of cannabinoids in general and not just about vaporizing, about three or four years ago I read the results of a test where a comparison between a standard joint, an average pipe, an average bong and vaporizers was performed.

The results were:

The joint was more efficient at delivering the most cannabinoids to the smoker.

The pipe came in second.

Vaporizers came in third but just barely above a bong.

And of course a bong came in last as being the least efficient at the delivery of cannabinoids.

In short, there was no filtration with a joint and nothing to grab or hold any cannabinoids as the smoke passed through it that would not then with the next hit or the hit after be taken in.

The pipe would slightly cool the smoke and resin would build up and in it some cannabinoids would be trapped and not taken in by the smoker.

The vaporizers has something of a caveat to their positioning in that several brands were used in the test and not all worked as well. The best ranked about equal to an average pipe and the worst ranked below a bong.

The bong ranked last in efficiency because the water cools cannabinoids more/faster than tars so they ended up caught/trapped in the water a high enough percentage of cannabinoids were lost in the water to make a bong the least efficient in the test. It also said that when cold water or ice or snow are used in a bong is make them even more inefficient at the delivery of cannabinoids.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Yeah I love my Vaporizer

I feel for Presenting/Preserving the Flavours/Aromatics & Health Benefits the vap cant be beat.

I also agree that the high is cleaner/clearer.

But if I want to get shit-faced Ill smoke a 3 paper joint pure weed.

My lung's still crave that Dirty Smoke & I like the Rush......Ooooh the Rush

So... Vaping....More meditative..good for your... Mon to Fri & Scorching & Getting Blazed on Joints On the Weekend works for Me and my old Bonged out lungs.
Cheers BP
Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 AM

I got a silver surfer and that gets me the highest and long lasting than a pipe or bong with the same amount of weed....very good vape easy to use.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy1875 View Post
I try to vape as much as I can these days as you have to think of the old lungs.

But if you use tobac in your rolls or pipe then you are getting a different buzz all together then just pure weed. I had to explaine this to a mate who I convinced to go pure vape.
"Blueboy" i fully understand you,born in 1875 your lugns needs a break,right

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 PM

hello
For me smoking is stronger and heavy than vape.
In my case smoking make me do bad trip since 2 years not every time but 1 on 3 time.With vape i didnt do bad trip and its a very clear effect.The taste is not the same and when it s make twenty years that you smoke it s not easy to only take vap...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:42 PM

I seem to feel a stronger effect when smoked. My buddy uses his vape left overs for cooking.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Well I've had my Vape for a few weeks now and am really loving it. I agree with you Erka, the high from the Vape seems a lot more friendly, without the paranoid tinge you can get from smoking.

I still smoke of course, and when it boils down I still prefer smoking, but I smoke a lot less now. and I vape a lot more. It does take some time to figure out how to get dialed in on the vape, but it is worth it.

I Love the thing. It has changed my life for the better.

Hi Friends,
Check it out:
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/5345-bonsai-sultan-method-typological-breeding-non-breeder-beginner-pro-little-space.html
The Bonsai Sultan Method: Typological Breeding for the Non Breeder, Beginner, or Pro with Little Space.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:38 AM
The Green Man

In my experience smoking has the stronger effect BUT vapourising has a more long lasting and 'clean' effect. Its all about the science and what you are or are not inhaling e.g. raw THC or THC plus plant material etc.
I like to mix and match with the two. Sometimes only a vape will do especially with a haze whereas at other times a smoke is the way to go.
Keep it green,
TGM
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM

depends on:

-temp of vaporizer
-how many stages someone did with the vaporizer ( upping temp every time )

I experience. you can get higher with alot less plant if using a vaporizer correctly. also vaporizer as many have said give a more "cleaner" feel

my vote goes to vape