Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 AM
BobbyDigital

Quote:
The same amount of THC in 4 hits and 5 hits is a matter of concentration, the 5 hits is 25% more hits than the 4 hits (or the 4 hits is 20% less than the 5 hits...)
and the body might react differently according to concentrations. Just a thought..
True, true, good point.

I'm glad you didn't take offense to anything I said, I wasn't really trying to sound offensive, although it might have come off like that a little. It really comes down to whatever you think works for you best!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:41 AM

What's up all,

Been thinking more about the sensitivity indoors vs out...
You know, these plants develop a tolerance during the day to night change. When they accept night is coming, they are accepting a certain amount of light up until it's just the moon & the stars. Don't know the exact science of why just know that the moon becomes part of what the plant percieves as night time. Plants wouldn't understand the effect the moon has on them, just would accept & coincide. This also adds to how the strain would grow in a completely different geographical location.

& as far as harvesting in the dark be it out or indoor, I forgot to mention that I try not to let light hit the flowers @ any pt from the dark until hang dry is complete & about to final trim & cure.
Funny, once you start doing things as habit out of superstition, it's hard to pull away in fear of paying for it!

-Smoke
Old 05-21-2010, 05:44 PM

Hey Grover that is an interesting theory. Since there has been so much talk about HPS vs CMH vs LED, some published studies that people (secondtry and KNNA) have cited show that plants do absorb quite a bit of green light.

So maybe we could just cut the main stem first and then trim in the light? That should give the best of both worlds.

I am definitely going to try your suggestion about harvesting just before lights on and I'd also like to try the long night before harvest. I have noticed that some plants will really goop up in the last few days so I am guessing that the ones that don't could really benefit from that long night?

"Green Light Drives Leaf Photosynthesis More Efficiently than Red Light in Strong White Light: Revisiting the Enigmatic Question of Why Leaves are Green"
by Ichiro Terashima, Takashi Fujita, Takeshi Inoue, Wah Soon Chowand Riichi Oguchi
Plant and Cell Physiology 2009 50(4):684-697
http://pcp.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...short/50/4/684
Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 PM

I have to ask for all the cutting in the dark advocates, has anyone done a thorough side by side experiment using clones off the same mom?

What I mean is to cut half the plants in the dark, either leaving the light off for a period of time, or cutting before the light period begins, whichever is your custom. Then the other half you cut at any time during the light period, maybe towards the end to make any differences more obvious. Dry and cure them together using the same procedures, and set up a double blind test with some of your friends. Try and get as many judges as possible, the less opinions the less valid the results. By judging something as hard to tell as resin coverage by yourself you risk ruining your experiment with confirmation bias.

I suppose another problem would be the samples you give people, if one is from a lower bud on one plant it may have developed slower and throw off your results.

If it don't make a difference, why hit your head and bumble around in the dark, and if it do, then hell that's worth it for better quality herb.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 PM

I know that there is a positive diference in harvesting in the dark period.
How much & to what extent in all the changes that can occur are still a mystery of course & some of these experiments may shine some light on the subject

But one thing I just want us to consider is the way ppl are very similar to plants & how we have a common tie that binds.
We take in energy in our awake time & we utilize it & exhaust our selves.
At night we recover & break down that which was taken in and use it to grow, that's how we rejuvinate. Only to see the next day full of energy & w/growth.
Until one day we've peaked, & we slowly stop growing & degrade only to be cycled back to the earth.

What are we taking in.... H20 & nutes. We exhaust ourselves like plants do by using energy. We grow at night... repeat... die... re-do

So what I'm saying is I'm exhausted & proly not in the healthiest condition after a long hard day in the sun which I do love so much.
& that I'm at my best after I get a good night sleep that followed a steak & potato dinners. Oh, & a good desert full of sugar!

I could be wrong, but tell me how!

-Smoke
Old 05-22-2010, 03:55 AM

anthropomorphism
Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 PM

BUMP... great read!

love an respect