Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 8. After the harvest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 PM

Default Using Fresh Undried Bud & CO2

Scenario

A friend neglected his grow, not realising his plants were spider mite infested. So I decided that the best thing to do was to process all of what could be salvaged. I removed any buds that were webbed, trimmed any leaf that was damaged, and de-stemmed all the remaining tops and nuggets. In the freezer it went as there was nowhere to dry, and no inclination to waste time.

On to the tumbler and dry ice (CO2) pellets a day later. The buds were left as they were, all intact, so i flash froze them with the Ice, (basically all material in a black bag, covered on top and sitting on dry ice. This was then lightly crumbled once brittle enough, and the tumbler was filled with the dry ice and the crumbled buds.

5 minutes later, I had the thickest layer of the most golden Hash pollen I have EVER collected, and I've done shit loads for the last 5 years. I mean it's early days, as the trim wasn't dry, so to the hash is also a tad moist, but I'd say it's the most and the best I have collected in the tumbler. Currently oscillating fan blowing above it whilst it's sitting on corrugated cardboard. The verdict should be in by the morning. But it looks very very promising. The closest to bubble hash I have made. Can't upload mobile pics, so hope I will have an update for you guys tomorrow. But if it is as I think it is, this means no longer having to waith for the trim to dry...and I swore by dry trim to this day. We live and learn hey.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:03 PM

In butane extractions, a lot of us like to use fresh, frozen trim. I don't see why that can't be applied to your situation. You essentially made dry ice hash in a tumbler. Good job man.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Banned

so where can you get dry ice from, or pellets of dry ice?
we used to be able to get it from ice cream stores,
but some people are telling me they dont sell it anymore?
i stopped by one place and was told to call the manager in the morning,
but havent called in yet.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Dry ice for the win....

Hey...

Love dry ice sifting.... As soon as I saw space ghost cover a table in hash I knew I must also do that.... Quickest most simple hash ever in my opinion.. Great return percentage and potency and taste.... Yummy...

I get dry ice blocks at the local super markets/grocery stores.... Usually a big white cooler full around the customer service area... Call ahead and I'm sure you will find somewhere close and hassle free....

I tend to do some other shopping before I get the dry ice so checkout at customer service is a cake walk.... Mmmmmmm buy a cake...

Real easy and they will make sure your not trying to make a bomb out of it... I usually say Ive got some fish or homemade food I'm sending to relatives.... But they rarely ever ask....

I've been trying to get the ratios of dry ice to ground material down.... I like a little over a pound of dry ice per oz of material.... Shit is super cheap... Like 2 dolla a pound...

Good luck Jacky!!!

Have a good one everyone...

Og
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 PM

I pay 7.50 a 12lb block at wally world FYI.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM

can you run dry ice in the same way you would through a bubble bag system replacing the regular ice with dry ice? Or is another method required to use the dry ice?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Default Might as well post the vid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
can you run dry ice in the same way you would through a bubble bag system replacing the regular ice with dry ice? Or is another method required to use the dry ice?
Dry Ice Hash Demo - YouTube

Slightly different that bubble... Use same type of bag/screen but no water and bucket is turned up side down and shaky shaky.... Bag on outside instead of inside....

Real simple... Automated would be b the fucking a....

Fun easy potent...

OG
Old 07-10-2012, 08:36 AM

Looks cool and much simpler. Will deffinantly be doing this with next trim. Certainly easier than running 10 loads through the bubble bags with ice water. I have only seen one guy say online that he has used dry ice with the water and ice method and said he got a lot more yield from it. Others (without pics) said that it just created a giant clump of ice/plant trim.

Now I just need to decide whether to use the 160, 120, 90 or 74 bag
Old 07-19-2012, 08:34 AM

I've done water & ice, dryice w/ dry and fresh trim and dryice with water and dry trim and the dryice/water/drytrim sucked on quality and yield - I will never do again Dryice alone is far superior.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 AM

Hi Prof.77!

May i humbly ask you WERE the heck you bought the dry ice.I've lokked everywere but ended up emptyhanded.Can you help me please?

Best Regards.../BLB51

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?