Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnummafia View Post
that is great to hear. i have looked for 99% and have been told i need a company lic. to purchase in calif.
non-methanol gasoline dryer isn't sold in stores everywhere in CA?
Old 06-15-2012, 02:53 PM

thanks again for the info donb. i actually tried to order vm&p but seller refunded my $ and emailed stating he couldnt ship product to ca. ill try a few others but i think im going to have to take off work and drive to nv. i was hoping to find a local product i could use so i can step up production and help more people that could use the medicine.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnummafia View Post
thanks again for the info donb. i actually tried to order vm&p but seller refunded my $ and emailed stating he couldnt ship product to ca. ill try a few others but i think im going to have to take off work and drive to nv. i was hoping to find a local product i could use so i can step up production and help more people that could use the medicine.
Well when u do that, pls post up ur experiences afterward. Ppl reading about this phenomenon of the oil, it may help save more and more lives. And, it will be a satisfying comeuppence against FDA-Big Pharm and most of the anti-liberty statists. The Oil still definitely needs to be publicized though by necessity they're anecdotal accounts. The main thing I think is to have medical diagnoses available. A placebo doesn't put someone with cancer, metastisized all over the place, into a medically declared remission.
"Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the people of the earth will mourn and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will...gather His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the UNIVERSE to the other." from Matt 24 amplified (scholarly) bible
Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 AM

Default Harborside Health Center

is selling something that looks like PTO...
https://www.stickyguide.com/dispensa...essential-oils

Pretty cheap considering the amount of material it takes to make.

Anyone know how many cc's of PTO you get from a pound of grass?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHG View Post
is selling something that looks like PTO...
https://www.stickyguide.com/dispensa...essential-oils

Pretty cheap considering the amount of material it takes to make.

Anyone know how many cc's of PTO you get from a pound of grass?
about sixty grams. a gram is very close to being a cc. I'd question Harborside closely about what was extracted (buds, shake, trim, fan leaves or some combination, this makes a difference in the concentration of cannabinoids in the extracted oil or resin), what strain was used, what solvent was used, WAS IT BOILED OUT OF THE OIL COMPLETELY, the precise extraction procedures used, date of extraction, etc. Rick Simpson reports there have been many schisters pawning off inferior or worthless stuff in the name of The Oil. If ur able to eat a little (less than size of a rice grain, collected on the end of a toothpick) and you don't get high by 2.5 hrs or so or the high is weak or quite weak, u should pass on it. If it's prepared from a high CBD cannabis, the "high" test might not work so obviously, I'm not really sure, since I haven't yet made any oil from a high CBD strain.
"Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the people of the earth will mourn and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will...gather His chosen ones from the four winds, from one end of the UNIVERSE to the other." from Matt 24 amplified (scholarly) bible

Last edited by donb; 06-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 PM

everyone remember when making the oil, please use BUDS, i know that buds could get expensive in some places then if u have trim i guess use it, trim would be giving a not as strong oil and more green matter, from experience to cure cancer you must use straight BUDS let them soak and strain and the alcohol burned off and there you have it
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 AM

Default making the oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb View Post
Well when u do that, pls post up ur experiences afterward. Ppl reading about this phenomenon of the oil, it may help save more and more lives. And, it will be a satisfying comeuppence against FDA-Big Pharm and most of the anti-liberty statists. The Oil still definitely needs to be publicized though by necessity they're anecdotal accounts. The main thing I think is to have medical diagnoses available. A placebo doesn't put someone with cancer, metastisized all over the place, into a medically declared remission.
My first post to this forum, thanks to the folks who have contributed. I am about to make a batch of oil with a few ounces of buds using Everclear to extract and a fondue pot to boil it down. I have an infrared thermometer and plan to monitor the temp while it evaporates to ensure a max of about 270F. I will freeze the buds, jar and alcohol, then pour the alcohol into the jar of buds, crush, shake for 3 minutes, pour thru a screen strainer to the cooker and then pour alcohol again into the jar of buds, shake again for 3 minutes and pour thru the strainer to add to the cook pot. Then cook it down until almost done, add a few drops of distilled water, watch the temp reach 250-270 for a few minutes and set aside for a few minutes while warming up some coconut oil, enough to match the quantity of 'product oil', mix them together, sprinkle a little soy lecithin powder on top, mix well, suck up in syringes and put rice grain sized doses in capsules. Planning to take 3 a day and make up another batch if no adverse effects.

I had a brain tumor removed in 2010, followed by 6 weeks of radiation. The tumor was a grade 2, so my prognosis is that a recurrance is likely after a few years when chemo and surgery (if possible) is the treatment. Chemo has a very poor record for this cancer and the side effects are awful, so here I am, looking at making some oil in the kitchen. I just had an MRI and am cancer free at this time, just got laid off from work, so will have some free time. I am a legal MMJ patient and feel like this may be a historic time for medicine. Either this oil is a lovely hoax or a breakthough and I am willing to put my health on the line to find out.

Yes, this is an old thread, but it is full of very good technical information and has been contributed to by some very knowledgable folks, so I am bumping it back to life in the hope that somone will be able to point out any obvious errors in my crude process. Anyone still around?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 PM

Default maybe make bubble hash first?

I dont know much about anything really.

having said that, I might suggest making hash first and setting it aside. then take the remaining plant material and do an alcohol extraction on it. several smaller washings will do a better job than one large one.

agitation during that step is key and a little bit of heat may not be such a bad thing. every solvent we could name has its good and bad points. alcohol will extract many other plant compounds beside cannabinoids, but is safer to ingest than many alternatives.

The hash may be dispersed into alchol (or not) and heated to decarboxylate in addition to the ethanol plant preparation.

smaller particle size is your friend. the dispersed products will generally be filtered so there may be some yin/yang with process optimization based on your materials.

use the formulation you are comfortable with, and if a person does an online search they would probably be able to find recipes for many preparations.

good luck,

Old 04-12-2013, 10:38 PM

Default A different opinion

Hey all new to the site, not new to cancer and oil use however.
Wow where do I start? I've been 'having at' cancers and disease for my own family and others for 5 years now. I use a range of methods for a range of ailments.
We cannot let ourselves become limited to considering this just for cancers, as in reality less than 2% of what is classified as 'disease' is truly monogenitic. Everything else CAN be helped, if not CURED with high enough doses of properly made, WELL BALANCED cannabis preparations.
Cancer.....the fastest cancer cure under my belt was a mouth cancer from tobacco use, direct application of ICE extracted hash, COMPLETLY NON decaboxalated. This was fresher materiel, and never saw one second of heat!
You could not tell the person was a 'chewer' within 2 days, blew my mind!

My biggest nemisis with cancer patients has been tolerance and education issues. The "high" is my worst enemy these days. With one exception my 'losses' are those that simply will not push thru the "high" barriers and get enough in them.
Our love for the 'high' and smoking really blurs the line here when we are talking ingesting for disease fighting. The high has next to nothing to do with the quantity of cannabinoids needed for the body to reverse current unhealthy conditions and repair itself.
Balance.... CBD meds come into very important play here, as our endo-cannabinoid system is all about BALANCE. This receptor system (cb1,cb2,cb3 ect they will go on and on as science catches up) is in charge of REGULATING (or balancing?) nearly every function of life from conception to death. CBD does so much to balance to high and make it tolerable for patients, as well as the plethora of medical benifits it offers.
Oils.... I used naphtha oils for several years before switching to 190's, I did so for several reasons, 1 popular demand, MANY folks will not take a naphtha extraction, they google it and weird out, 2nd and more importantly, while yes naphtha is a 'cleaner' extraction, and will usually provide slightly higher cannabinoid levels, BUT alcohol does a better job of pulling out those chloraphyll's and such that are so hated from years of BHO makers 'cleaning up oils'. Granted smoking these substances is no good. But EATING them r the lack thereof is probably one of THE main reasons you are taking cannabis in the first place! Google chloraphyll for 10 minutes and tell me WHY you work so hard to remove this amazing natural substance from your INGESTABLE medicines? It's in every green veggie you've even eatin, and if you ate more of them we may not have to have this conversation? Lol
One thing all the science has shown us is how the cannabinoids seem to work synergistically together, and the more recent studies show that EVERYTHING affects everything really? Remove the terpenes from the cannabinoids and it does different stuff. I prefer whole plant, balanced plant extractions (1/-1 ratios) but that said I end up making special batches for special needs, more sativa for working folks, 20-1 CBD/thc ratios for parents afraid of children (with dravet syndrome) getting high, liquid meds for cancer pts that cannot swallow, juicing for many patients. It's not so simple that you can leave our individuality out of the equation really. Most all problems arise from most folks not making enough of there OWN endo cannabinoids these days, CECD (clinical endocannabinoid defiency syndrome) BUT some make to much of one or another.
For instance if there is a history of bi-polar or scitsophrenia, they may produce to MUCH anandamide and not enough of another endocannabinoid? And this person may be set off by a very high thc, very low CBD strain, have a bad experience and swear off cannabis altogether! Rather than finding one that works for them, and over the course of time get some balance back into there system.
On Rick Simpson, I suppose I owe him my life for getting this info back out there, but honestly I wish he would keep reading!!!! My self appointed hero seems woefully behind on the science these days, he STILL does not seem to grasp what cannabinoids really do in the body it seems? Or why they work, it's sad. And he tells folks NOT to take most meds, I firmly believe even the shittiest of made oils, beats NOTHING, hands down any day! He managed to cure many cancers with what was a pretty crude naphtha set up for a long time?
Anyway, I'm rambling as I do, (I still have some perm chemo mental issues, tracking, focus, multitasking ect sorry if I bounce around)
Things we've fixed with hash oil
Cancers (over a dozen stage 4). Skin cancers, skin tags, moles, sleep apnea, diabetics, high blood pressure, chrones disease, heart disease, 5 broken bones, dravet syndrome (childhood seizure disorder, child went from 350+ grand mal siezures a day to 0 and sleeping night thru for first time ever, fresh juicing did it).cuts/infections on chickins, and horses, tumors on dogs,
Arthritis relief, severe burns, the list is to long to remember.
A large part of my arsenal is topicals, but you must remember that we are water based, plant is oil based you MUST use a transdermal carrier to make it effective. In my opinion there is no better burn med on this planet than hash oil mixed with EMU oil. Bar none!!!! It's amazing!!! I've treated broken fingers with just a DMSO and hash oil application with amazing results. Both DMSO and emu oil are amazing transdermal carriers. Do your homework before using DMSO, but don't buy the negative crap out there abut it, it's been deamonized as cannabis has, for the same reasons! (cheap and works)

Last edited by Bornon420; 04-13-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Just can't shut up lol
Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 AM

excellent contributions here recently.
I would like to share my medicinal oil experience. I use 200 ml olive oil, not virgin , just mild blended type. This i put in a pot and on low heat warm it until small bubbles form. I then add 10 grams finely ground bud and heat while stirring still on low heat until it smokes slightly. (about 5 min) I then remove from heat and pour through a fine sieve, like for tea. a dose of 3 tablespoons is very noticable both mentally and especially as a muscle relaxant/pain reliever. Leaves you feeling very calm for at least a day afterwards. Gives very sound sleep. The olive oil is also very good for the health. It can also be used on the skin and is effective when massaged into stiff joints for ex or for skin conditions(psoriasis) most people think you have to ingest it but it is very effective topically.
I have also made it with alcohol but am unable to consume it now, the oil is actually more usuable IMO. Peace all and heal all !